What NFL executive is this?!!!

eball

I am not a lover of Nsekhe to be honest but at $5m a year I don't mind the signing. If they had paid him much more than that then I'd be more onboard with the criticism.

6 minutes ago, vincec said:

Yes. These signing are just stopgaps. They only signed one proven, solid starting OL and they were weak at all five positions last season. Bringing in half a dozen backups in the hopes that one or two might stand out is not a complete solution. In particular, they need to find a good OT in rounds 1 or 2.

They signed two proven quality starters..... but Spain is a 1 year deal so it shouldn't stop them from drafting one.

Sounds like a jets or Giants GM since it from upstate NY paper. Looking at their offseason strategies and how it was radically different from the Bills its easy to understand why a GM with a completely differing plan would have trouble grasping the Bills plan

26 minutes ago, yungmack said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Talbot invented the "exec" to state his own opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't read the article (because you clearly didn't).

These quotes from executives, general managers, etc. were given to ESPN+'s Mike Sando. At least Gugny got to the byline.

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

someone in the shoutbox said this article is selectively copy and pasted from a different article on espn that actually presents the gm as praising the bills. 

All three quotes from the ESPN+ article are presented in full. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one and most stink.

they all stink...  Not sure how many you would have to sniff before you found the one that smells like roses

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, yungmack said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Talbot invented the "exec" to state his own opinion.

Exec could be anyone connected to a front office. An assistant, a scout, the guy who gets the coffee.

• Like (+1) 1

He should have been a lot more critical of the Ja’Waun James signing for $13 mil per year when the highest paid RT currently-Lane Johnson- makes 11.25 mil. James was the 34th ranked tackle by PFF. Neseke was higher I believe.

Edited by custcarcen

3 hours ago, hemma said:

Some sour grapes in here, I think.

Guy lost to Beane on 1 --- or more than 1.

sounds like someone at the Jets to me. 

perhaps it is also an executive who is in competition with us for another FA like Ziggy and is trying to say ignore what the Bills did, they don't know what they are doing. 

I'd say whoever said this just isn't very informed on what they're doing at OBD. They also aren't considering this season when talking about not having the OL for Allen to have time to allow routes to develop. That was last season, for sure. We're not sure how it's going to pan out this year but if I had to bet, I'd say they're going to improve. They signed two high quality OL starters in Morse and Spain, and Spain will likely help Dawkins get back to form. Nsekhe is probably penciled in on the right side and then you have a bunch of guys competing for the RG spot. That might be the only question mark along the OL right now after earlier this off-season where everyone was like, "Dawkins is about the only OL worth keeping." Beasley helps Allen in that he's such a precise route runner. Brown opens things up down the field. There's clearly a plan. I dunno, maybe this exec thought the Bills had other areas they needed to fix and they didn't so he fails to see a plan. Again, though, I feel like whoever said this just kinda glossed over everything Beane has put together so far this off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You stated the guy is envious of how much the Bills accomplished by signing these FA's.... it's possible all of them could suck(like last year), therefore not an accomplishment. Stop counting your chickens before they hatch.... actually keep doing it, it's quite comical how wrong you always are.?

Trent, Star, and Ivory did not suck.  They performed basically as advertised.  The prior year obtaining Poyer and Hyde completely turned around the secondary.   Bean hits a lot more than he misses. 

54 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

they all stink...  Not sure how many you would have to sniff before you found the one that smells like roses

Fun fact: the male anus is actually higher up than the female anus, and it is actually larger and less elastic. These factors, along with the hair, make the male anus stink worse than the female anus -- usually.

21 minutes ago, Dr Doom said:

unless someone is willing to put their name on it, who cares. Just hope that whatever team this guy works for, it's not the Bills

I never understood people providing quotes anonymously. That takes a lot of trust. You're potentially putting your career in the hands of a journalist who, at any time, could decide to tell all without consequence (after transitioning to a different career, for example). In real life, telling secrets and asking the other person not to tell backfires 99% of the time.

• Haha (+1) 1