What NFL executive is this?!!!

eball

No plan?

All kidding aside...I mean, wow.  Feel free to question whether the signings are good ones, but to say there is no plan?

This sounds like the ramblings of somebody who may be a bit envious of how much the Bills were able to accomplish in FA.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

"You are going to have Josh Allen drop back to pass, and it seems like he will need seven-step drops to give all these little guys time to get open down the field, but you don’t have the line to handle it because you are paying Ty Nsekhe $5 million a year.” "

Did that whopping $5 million stop us from signing 5 other lineman? Is our entire line going to forget how to pass block because of this contract? Whats his point. 

How about that extra 1.5 we gave Kevin Johnson on a 1 year deal. How dare Beane waste our cap like that

• Like (+1) 1

I read this yesterday and just chuckled. It’s been so promising because of the fact that there’s a clear plan. That exec seems a bit clueless. 

The Nsekhe signing was been praised by almost everyone as a great and affordable under the radar signing and this schmuck is acting like it broke our bank. That’s foolish 

• Like (+1) 4

$5 Million a year for a tackle is really not a lot.  And if Nsekhe sucks this year the out is $1.5 million next.  So I definitely don't understand that one.  These contracts for the second tier offensive lineman other than Morse are essentially all one-year deals (Waddle and Spain) or prove it deals (Long, Feliciano and Nsekhe)...Brown was projected to get more than the Bills paid by most pundits and has shined when he is paired with a QB with a good deep ball.  The Johnson signing I can see room for critique but the Bills have his old Corner Coach who knows him best and then the Bills signed Gaines for insurance.  If each Johnson and Gaines give us 1/2 a season ;-), they have earned their pay.

Easy to refute everything that was said by the anonymous source.

Edited by JoeF

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

"You are going to have Josh Allen drop back to pass, and it seems like he will need seven-step drops to give all these little guys time to get open down the field, but you don’t have the line to handle it because you are paying Ty Nsekhe $5 million a year.” "

Did that whopping $5 million stop us from signing 5 other lineman? Is our entire line going to forget how to pass block because of this contract? Whats his point. 

How about that extra 1.5 we gave Kevin Johnson on a 1 year deal. How dare Beane waste our cap like that

Exactly. Dude is acting like 5 mil to Nsekhe formed our whole offseason. Makes me question how anyone who would say that is an exec. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hahaha!!!

Devil’s advocate: we won’t really know anything until they hit the field. 

But it it’s really hard to criticize the job Beane did this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Both of those comments stuck out for me as well. I’m all for being critical but this article is trash. The plan is simple, he bolstered the roster with short term contracts and he is counting on his scouting department to infuse the roster with higher end talent through the draft.

See the pile of draft picks over there!? See Josh Allen and Edmunds? That’s what Beane is counting on.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Both of those comments stuck out for me as well. I’m all for being critical but this article is trash. The plan is simple, he bolstered the roster with short term contracts and he is counting on his scouting department to infuse the roster with higher end talent through the draft.

See the pile of draft picks over there!? See Josh Allen and Edmunds? That’s what Beane is counting on.

Somebody would have to have their head in the sand to not see a plan is clear. Whether it works or not is for a different debate. 

Doesnt it make you wonder how this dude is an Exec? Haha 

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Somebody would have to have their head in the sand to not see a plan is clear. Whether it works or not is for a different debate. 

Doesnt it make you wonder how this dude is an Exec? Haha 

Exactly.  I'd love to know which team he works for. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoeF said:

$5 Million a year for a tackle is really not a lot.  And if Nsekhe sucks this year the out is $1.5 million next.  So I definitely don't understand that one. 

Agreed. Even if Nsekhe turns out to be a very good backup, his deal is not excessive imo.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Agreed. Even if Nsekhe turns out to be a very good backup, his deal is not excessive imo.

Well the silly part is that he acts as though it kept the bills from doing anything else they wanted to do. They friggin had 80. That’s honestly just really uninformed and stupid. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well the silly part is that he acts as though it kept the bills from doing anything else they wanted to do. They friggin had 80. That’s honestly just really uninformed and stupid. 

I still want the Bills to utilize draft resources on blocking, but it is hard to knock these deals that don't lock us in for years.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Yep. Not a single one of our FA signings have us leveraged in any way. Other than Morse we can get out of all of these deals after year 1. 

Beane’s approach of bringing in a lot of guys and letting them duke it out for jobs in camp is not something you see much of. Most teams that are flush with cap space bring in a few high dollar guys and they’re usually way overpaid. After a couple years they’re in cap hell again and they have to bottom out. 

I love the quantity over quality approach. Beane has hedged his bets and if half these guys pan out, we’re in great shape. Innovative approaches are often met with criticism.