Thoughts on new Oline?

dayman

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Greg Cosell was just on with Murph and Steve for his weekly Friday visit.He said outside of Morse (lock) and Long, he doesn't see a starter in the new group.

That includes Spain?  OK.  He's wrong.  Nsekhe will also start.

It's going to interesting to see how this line starts off in preseason as is it looks like Dawkins LT, Spain LG, Morse C, Long RG, Nsekhe RT. 

LT is the same and should play better with a solid starter at LG, C is a huge upgrade, RG should be an upgrade from Miller who couldn't get out of his own way. RT is the only question. 

Dawkins had a very down year last year in my view because of the poor play next to him at LG and the team might just look to upgrade at #9 with Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams. 

In any event, the 2019 Buffalo Bills O line should be much improved over last seasons debacle even without an early draft choice for the line.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kaleb?  As an OT or OG?

RT ,Washington.He said he would be a day one starter.I would guess he's thinking second round.

Doc..just a FYI...Murph and Steve plan on talking O-Line,in depth starting on Monday...then it's on to linebackers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, hemma said:

Costello doesn’t see Spain as a starter?

I think sometimes these guys are ‘too big for their own britches’.

There are 64 starting Guards in the NFL.   PFF graded Spain at 35th best.   That makes him an average starting Guard.   

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

We still need a long term, stud offensive tackle.  All these guys on one year deals are "possibles."

...true, but if any of these guys show up big by the 3/4 pole, what's to prevent McBeane from talking extension in season?.....

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

There are 64 starting Guards in the NFL.   PFF graded Spain at 35th best.   That makes him an average starting Guard.   

He won't do Shady any good.I see this signing as... "Expect Josh to be firing some deep balls to Brown and Foster" a lot. Teller is a pancaker ,the opposite of Spain.

Let 'em battle it out at SJF...I can't wait.

Edited by Misterbluesky

I think that they will not draft an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, but will go for a big athletic IOL or OT in the 3rd round.  This would be a medium floor, high ceiling guy who would be practice squad or backup for a year or two.  Defensive line and linebacker are more likely in the first two rounds.

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...true, but if any of these guys show up big by the 3/4 pole, what's to prevent McBeane from talking extension in season?.....

And don't expect Teller to not bring his best this summer...his baptism is over.

Dude's a Warrior.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He won't do Shady any good.I see this signing as... "Expect Josh to be firing some deep balls to Brown and Foster" a lot. Teller is a pancaker the opposite of Spain.

Let 'em battle it out at SJF...I can't wait.

...wouldn't surprise me one bit if McBeane set aside some FA bucks as "burn money" if guys like Teller beat out some of the new one year signees and are cut......think this guy is one methodical planning SOB on a mission.......stay tuned....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I’m curious, any idea where Miller came in? I was surprised by his 3 year $16.5 mil contract ($6.5 guaranteed). I did not see that coming.  

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

And don't expect Teller to not bring his best this summer...his baptism is over.

Dude's a Warrior.

It’s rare for me to say that I have “fun” watching a guard play, but he was indeed fun to watch at times last year. I like a guy with some nasty in his blood. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I am an all-knowing soothsayer.  These were not random dart throws.  These are players that Beane and company feel will make us a much better team.  I think they actually have too many players now.  But that is an opinion, not a fact from an all-knowing soothsayer.  

Dawkins, Spain, Morse,Feliciano and Waddle/Nsechke. Bodine and Long provide experienced interior depth, in case Morse gets hurt. Bills  liked Sirles enough to  re-sign him. Teller got some reps but ideally would have been on the PS. McDermott and Boettger are PS material. Cant believe Ducasse is still around. i can see them drafting depth for the future.

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m curious, any idea where Miller came in? I was surprised by his 3 year $16.5 mil contract ($6.5 guaranteed). I did not see that coming.  

It’s rare for me to say that I have “fun” watching a guard play, but he was indeed fun to watch at times last year. I like a guy with some nasty in his blood. 

Let's not forget..he has great feet.He didn't pull out of the gap much because Bodine/Groy were not capable of covering that left hole .He will only get better by playing next to Morse. I'm rooting for him to keep his current starting job...

He carries his own lunchbox.jmo

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Let's not forget..he has great feet.He didn't pull out of the gap much because Bodine/Groy were not capable of covering that left hole .He will only get better by playing next to Morse. I'm rooting for him to keep his current starting job...

He carries his own lunchbox.jmo

And if he doesn’t start, it just means we have competition and somebody better, while he can sit and learn. It’s all good! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1