Ty Nsekhe and Quinton Spain Video clips

akcash

Spain basically looks to be a bigger version of (but plays the same size as) the Melvin Fowler guard version... And I'm good with that for a year.

Dude hustles and can shield and basically is not a world mover. He uses surprise leverage when he catches people off guard and will finish to make it look good when he does that. 

Edited by akcash

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So wait l.. he’s not the next Larry Allen?   

"Yes... or NOOO, that is between me and my diary."

Anybody who can cite that quote gets one ticket to the annual bbmb ice cream social.

15 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Pretty sure Titans fans said he's very good at pass blocking, but below average in run blocking... and that 2016 was his best year, but he wasn't so good the last two years.

That's exactly what PFF said about him too. And Morse always rates better in pass blocking than in run blocking. And Nsekhe too, to a far lesser extent. Hey, it's great to have overall (run and pass) linemen, but right now I'm pretty happy with our OL moving into "average" territory after the debacle that was 2018. At least Allen shouldn't get killed out there the way all Bills QBs were early in the season last year.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's exactly what PFF said about him too. And Morse always rates better in pass blocking than in run blocking. And Nsekhe too, to a far lesser extent. Hey, it's great to have overall (run and pass) linemen, but right now I'm pretty happy with our OL moving into "average" territory after the debacle that was 2018. At least Allen shouldn't get killed out there the way all Bills QBs were early in the season last year.

I like the upgrades and think pass blocking will be above average(they weren't really that bad last year in that department.) My only gripe is the lack of a true mauler. Dawkins is probably our best run blocker, but beggars can't be choosers. 

I get BPA, but it would be cool if they drafted a potential road grader at some point within the first four rounds. We tend to fixate on having a starting five set in stone, but pressure busts pipes. Competition is a good thing.

Edited by LSHMEAB

7 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That would be awesome, but Miller got signed before Spain and to a much larger contract.  That wasn't an accident.  Now, I know that doesn't necessarily mean Spain will be a significant upgrade, but it does reflect how front offices view the two players.  If the standard is just that Spain was a starter, well so was Miller.  And I'll admit I haven't really watched Spain play, but I am skeptical.

And I meant to add, there is also something to be said for offensive systems. Do you remember how good Levitre was with the Bills? Then he got that big contract, went to a different system, and he was never the same.  I am super nervous that Spain was a product of the Titan's system. 

The people who are skeptical on Spain have one thing in common - they haven't watched him play much. 

In respect of system - of course there is a point there. Levitre was successful in Buffalo in a zone blocking scheme, got a big deal to go to Tennessee where they tried to use him in a power man scheme and he flamed out only to go to Atlanta to Shanahan and the zone stretch and suddenly he looked like a pro-bowl guard again. 

Spain's dip in run blocking performance in 2018 actually came from a switch under LeFleur (a Shanahan guy) to more of a zone stretch scheme. I think he is a better fit in what the Bills were trying to do up front last year. 

I don't think Spain is an elite guard (that handful of top class guys who can fit any system anywhere) but I think he is a very good guard who has proven himself in the league with a very good 2016 and 2017 and is coming into a system that is ideal for him.

23 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Could you explain to me why that is? I'm not doubting you, this just isn't my area of expertise. Seems to be peanuts to me. What do I know?

A RFA is usually signed to a preset $ number.  The 1.9 million is the normal contract for a re-signed UDFA.

This year as UFA he can bargain with any team for any $.

My comment about 2 million being a good payday should of been clearer.  I meant most UDFA never get to that point.

Everyone is curious as to how much the Bills are giving in his prove it contract.  It should tell what they think of his talent level.

• Thank you (+1) 1