Schein: "Buffalo Bills, Cinderella team?"

I respect Schein a lot, he's one of my favorites.  Look, we as Bills fans are so guarded about making these sorts of predictions, but do you know of any Bills fans this year that are not absolutely ecstatic to see the product we put on the field?  I've been a fan for 35 years, and not since 94, and a little in 99 have I been this pumped to see out beloved team bring it each week.  Once thing I can tell you, almost guarantee.  The Bills will NOT be an easy out any week, and we won't be seeing the lines that Vegas had us on last year.

Go Bills!

Tim-

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I was all ready to unload with "Schein is an idiot".  Should I keep that in the chamber for the first time he says something bad about the Bills?

Don't worry. Somebody somewhere in the national media will have something to say, so keep your finger near the trigger.

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I was all ready to unload with "Schein is an idiot".  Should I keep that in the chamber for the first time he says something bad about the Bills?

He never says anything bad about the Bills.  He is the one national media guy who loves us.  He used to talk about Dick Jauron being a coach of the year.  He must have gotten lucky one time in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He never says anything bad about the Bills.  He is the one national media guy who loves us.  He used to talk about Dick Jauron being a coach of the year.  He must have gotten lucky one time in Buffalo. 

He loves the fan base and believes it's good for the NFL when the Bills are successful.  His antics are a bit over the top but he knows his stuff.  He hasn't blindly supported bad Bills teams and he ridiculed the Bills for hiring Rex Ryan.

The nice thing about this article is that it reinforces what those of us closer to the situation have seen in the way Beane is building the roster.  For guys like you who don't believe in Josh Allen I can imagine it's a big yawn.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 4

If Schein keeps this up, he's going to become Bills Mafia's most beloved sports analyst since Chris Berman. Schein is ALWAYS saying nice things about the Bills these days. He's like a closet Bills Booster. Went to school in Syracuse, which I suspect has something to do with his WNY love.

• Like (+1) 2

i  was in and out of one bills live today and someone ( i thought it was him), was making a case for cb at 9.  the reasoning being that if there's good or great coverage that trumps having a good pass rush.  well i disagree with that 150%. how many times have we seen qbs sit back there and tie their shoes or eat lunch before picking us apart.

i don't care how good your corners are, the wr is gonna eventually break open....not to mention we have the best backfield we've had since the 90's.

i may be wrong on who that guest was, but imo that was a bad take. picking a cb at 9 will give me flashbacks....and not good ones.

My introduction to Schein was his role as host of Inside the NFL on Showtime.  I admit that I couldn't stand him.  After reading this article, as a Buffalo fan, I am starting to change my opinion of the guy.  Perhaps he is better as a writer than as a TV personality (where is kind of whiny and annoying).  Anyone else see him on TV and agree?  Just curious.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

He was very high on Josh last year, surprisingly so. I think he’s actually paying attention instead of just buying the Buffalo sucks reputation. 

But by all means.....feel free to turn on him when he turns on us!  ?

• Haha (+1) 1