The Reason I feel Josh Allen Will Be Great

I'm not even going to throw out any qualifiers - Josh Allen is going to be a great NFL QB. 

I can't explain it logically or use fancy metrics to support my opinion here.  It's a gut feeling that I have after following he Bills for 50 years and watching a lot of NFL football.  Allen has the physical tools and the IT factor - he passes the look test.   If he QBed the Jets or Dolphins I would be sick to my stomach thinking how this guy was going to "Brady" us for the next decade. 

I expect big things next year and beyond. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I love Allen as the QB.  He made plays but not the kind that consistently win NFL games.  

I've posted before. Just give me a 2:1 TD to INT ratio or better (something like 25:10 would be a nice improvement) and 60% completion percentage in year 2 and I will be happy.  

Less running. More pocket throws to moving targets.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I love Allen as the QB.  He made plays but not the kind that consistently win NFL games.  

I've posted before. Just give me a 2:1 TD to INT ratio or better (something like 25:10 would be a nice improvement) and 60% completion percentage in year 2 and I will be happy.  

Less running. More pocket throws to moving targets.  

Having players that will actually catch and do something with a ball would help with that

Josh is running because our RB's could not.....Josh is making plays because other players on the team could not

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Having players that will actually catch and do something with a ball would help with that

Josh is running because our RB's could not.....Josh is making plays because other players on the team could not

Agree about the WRs.

Josh was running because the line was terrible and he was processing maybe 2 reads at best before taking off.   To his credit he stood tall in the pocket and took a few shots while delivering the ball.  Just needs to be a half a second faster on his decisions and clean up the shot to medium length passes

Josh could be great.  Could be.  He has all the physical tools, but great QBs become great due to what's upstairs.  How well do they read defenses, how quick can they make decisions - the right decisions.  That is the challenge for all young QBs.  My guess is that Josh will get there; if working hard at it is a trait that will improve him then it's a guarantee- the kid works his butt off from what we can see.  

He may may not get all the way there this season, but given the additions to the offense and how work ethic I expect we'll see significant progress.  Fans just need to chill and not place unrealistic expectations on a second year QB.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Please don't take this wrong, but I just have to ask .... are you Monica Lewinsky?

I don't have to sit here and listen to these wild allegations. On a side note, has anyone got a blue dress i could borrow? someone made a mess out of mine.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:
  12 hours ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

True dat!  I actually once thought that being optimistic is what a sports fan does for his team.  Imagine that.  Silly me.

Seriously, I've been smiling a whole lot since JA started showing some life last season.  That last game against the Fins was something special but just a taste of what's to come.  I haven't been this excited about the Bills, genuinely excited not just overly hopeful, in a very long time.  At least we have that right now.

I think this picture says it all:

Dec 2018 Josh Allen leads Bills out in Miami.jpg

I think this picture says Josh started walking before he was supposed to.

I don't care who you are.  That's funny, right there.

Edited by Peace Frog

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Look, Allen has a shot... A very good one... I'm not an "Allen" guy, but get him some REAL help... See what happens

The other thing that really impressed me was him completing some awesome third and long passes. Several of which were called back for holding. I believe in one game it was two different third downs in a row that got called back. But serious NFL throws that he made which didn’t show up on the stat sheet this season. Hopefully with some offensive line upgrades some of those throws count this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

Absolutely correct, sir.  Love the chicken salad analogy.  That really says it well for me.  JA is truly something special.  And the non-believers just need to go back to games like week 17 against the Fish.  He looked like Superman out there with a bunch of mortals.  And then there's the Jacksonville game, Minnesota, etc.  He's already demonstrated that he's in another class of quarterbacks with his athletic ability and his fire.  The arm is there.  I was pleasantly surprised with his accuracy and that's just going to improve.  He makes throws that just make you whistle.  So dangerous.  But the haters gonna hate.  Let them.  They don't know anything anyway.

I 2nd that and 3rd that and what ever the hell else it takes to get behind your good thoughts.

Josh brings hope like no other since JK. He actually can take over a game and will the team to victory. He does not care about stats at all. He just cares about winning and that by winning he knows that will keep him on the field. Bills fans all over the world have been waiting for this. Lets hope it continues to show and he continues to develop.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

The other thing that really impressed me was him completing some awesome third and long passes. Several of which were called back for holding. I believe in one game it was two different third downs in a row that got called back. But serious NFL throws that he made which didn’t show up on the stat sheet this season. Hopefully with some offensive line upgrades some of those throws count this season. 

Also, with  a history of collarbone breakage, I'm not a fan of the diving-forward... Sure, it looks epic, but why?  Just takes 1 hit from a safety to prove you're not superman.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

I 2nd that and 3rd that and what ever the hell else it takes to get behind your good thoughts.

Josh brings hope like no other since JK. He actually can take over a game and will the team to victory. He does not care about stats at all. He just cares about winning and that by winning he knows that will keep him on the field. Bills fans all over the world have been waiting for this. Lets hope it continues to show and he continues to develop.

To be fair, we've seen Fitzpatrick and Taylor do this before.

Fitz did it against the Bengals in Stevie's breakout game, at the least, but you could say the others where he racked up the stats and got the win were more Fred Jackson than him.  Tyrod did it against the Titans in his first year with us.  Nobody caught his passes all game, so he took things into his own hands in the 4th quarter.