The Reason I feel Josh Allen Will Be Great

3 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I was spoiled, I started rooting in 86.  It got good real quick. I have very little optimism for Buffalo sports, I need the teams to start showing me something.

Sorry you feel that way.  Maybe you will change your mind this upcoming season.

Pure and simple......Josh Allen is a winner.   He has been working with chicken salad for so long that ppl dont even know what he might look like with chicken steak.

- NO running game.....and before we give this a cursory wave I am not talking about a limited running game....I am talking about NO DAMN RUNNING GAME......a running game keeps defenses honest.......it sets things up in the passing game......it protects leads when you have one....it keeps great QB's off the field and scoring on your defense......it allows your hogs up front to wear down defensive guys in front of them....it WINS CLOSE GAMES

- Lack of separation from WR's and TE's.......the one guy that started to give me hope on this last year was Foster

but Josh Allen is a winner...he is that guy that will sacrifice himself for that first down...he is that guy that will throw the deep pass before he looks for his checkdown and sometimes that is a good thing or a bad thing....but EVERY time he goes on the field he is looking to score.

NOW.....create a situation where he isnt the best player on your offense week in and week out........and watch this team win

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

My children were born in 2006 and later. We live in California and they rock their Bills gear. When people ask how I’m a Bills fan I tel them I was born in the wrong decade. I was the equivalent of a current patriots fan. The Bills were on TV and they were winning. I didn’t know any better. Most of the time I thought the Bills were an underdog cause they would come from behind and win in the 4th quarter. I thought I was willing them to victory. Only later as I got older did I realize they are just really good and I didn’t know any better. Lol. 

I have a similar story, Fred, though I got started having kids later than you.  I grew up mostly in Northern Virginia and I hated the Skins.  Moved there from California actually.  I've moved around a lot in my life so no surprise I didn't have a team from a young age.  I graduated high school in 92 and the Bills were such a great show in the early 90's.  They really pissed off so many other teams when the K-Gun was firing on all cylinders.  That was so fun. 

I have no idea why I started liking them so much other than Bruce Smith who was just a man among boys really.  He was a freak athlete and most people don't appreciate how he did all that amazing stuff in 3-4 defense.  That's 3 down lineman for 5 blockers, not 4.  And Bruce didn't have great nose tackles that I remember most of the time.  They were always so undersized until Big Ted Washington came along.  (I was really, really bummed when they let him go (to the Pats maybe?))

Nobody I knew liked, or even knew anything about the Bills but there was just something there that I can't explain.  You would think I would be pissed now having endured so many awful losing seasons since JK retired.  It's been depressing for sure.  But it's only made me love the Bills more.  They're in my blood.  Just ask my wife.  You know the meaning of loyalty if you're a Bills fan.  I've used that in job interviews and it works great if the interviewer is a football fan.  Being a Bills fan is an incredible source of pride for me.  I absolutely march to my own beat and I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks so being a Bills fan just fits so perfectly what that.  I freakin' love the Bills and when they finally win the Big One, I'm going to lose it.  I'll probably cry like a baby and I don't give a rats you-know-what.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

I am am not saying Josh is great. But after returning from injury he was finding ways to make plays. With the offensive line overhaul I see no reason he doesn’t continue to do so. I’d argue that WR is not even close to the same level of need on our offensive side as is TE and RB at this point. I personally feel like RB may even be more critical than TE. 

With Shady, Gore, and Murphy I dont see it as a dire need area.  All 3 are good runners and pass catchers...

Edited by artmalibu

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Pure and simple......Josh Allen is a winner.   He has been working with chicken salad for so long that ppl dont even know what he might look like with chicken steak.

- NO running game.....and before we give this a cursory wave I am not talking about a limited running game....I am talking about NO DAMN RUNNING GAME......a running game keeps defenses honest.......it sets things up in the passing game......it protects leads when you have one....it keeps great QB's off the field and scoring on your defense......it allows your hogs up front to wear down defensive guys in front of them....it WINS CLOSE GAMES

- Lack of separation from WR's and TE's.......the one guy that started to give me hope on this last year was Foster

but Josh Allen is a winner...he is that guy that will sacrifice himself for that first down...he is that guy that will throw the deep pass before he looks for his checkdown and sometimes that is a good thing or a bad thing....but EVERY time he goes on the field he is looking to score.

NOW.....create a situation where he isnt the best player on your offense week in and week out........and watch this team win

Absolutely correct, sir.  Love the chicken salad analogy.  That really says it well for me.  JA is truly something special.  And the non-believers just need to go back to games like week 17 against the Fish.  He looked like Superman out there with a bunch of mortals.  And then there's the Jacksonville game, Minnesota, etc.  He's already demonstrated that he's in another class of quarterbacks with his athletic ability and his fire.  The arm is there.  I was pleasantly surprised with his accuracy and that's just going to improve.  He makes throws that just make you whistle.  So dangerous.  But the haters gonna hate.  Let them.  They don't know anything anyway.

12 minutes ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

And the non-believers just need to go back to games like week 17 against the Fish.

We've had seasons where fans were saying the same kinds of things about Fitz...  The Bills need to put together not only a stretch of games to make a playoff push, they need to put together seasons to consistently be a contender.  Allen is a 50/50 prospect right now on whether he can lead the team to consistent success, or be another QB failure in the long line of Buffalo QB failures.  He certainly has the potential to break the team out of their losing habits, but it's only potential at this point.

Edited by MacGyver

Just now, MacGyver said:

We've had seasons where fans were saying the same kinds of things about Fitz...  The Bills need to put together not only a stretch of games to make a playoff push, they need to put together seasons to be consistently a contender.  Allen is a 50/50 prospect right now on weather he can lead the team to consistent success, or be another QB failure in the long line of Buffalo QB failures.  He certainly has the potential to break the team out of their losing habits, but it's only potential at this point.

Fitz - years in the NFL at that time....was as good as he was gonna get

Josh Allen - raw raw raw.......hasnt come close to his ceiling yet

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

We've had seasons where fans were saying the same kinds of things about Fitz...  The Bills need to put together not only a stretch of games to make a playoff push, they need to put together seasons to consistently be a contender.  Allen is a 50/50 prospect right now on whether he can lead the team to consistent success, or be another QB failure in the long line of Buffalo QB failures.  He certainly has the potential to break the team out of their losing habits, but it's only potential at this point.

Dude, Allen is not Fitz.  I don't care how early it is.  I agree we need to see consistent winning.  You don't have to preach to me on that.  But sometimes you just have to trust your eye.

Edited by Generic Screen Name 2

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

I can watch and B word all I want, fan prerogative. It's up to the team to give fans something to cheer or B word about, not the fans.

Its your perogitive. Just a friendly suggestion. If I had to b word about something everyday, I'd remove that issue from my life. But hey, if it makes you happy, by all means carry on?

18 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Its your perogitive. Just a friendly suggestion. If I had to b word about something everyday, I'd remove that issue from my life. But hey, if it makes you happy, by all means carry on?

It's just how some are in general. I'm sure we have all worked with that one dude who constantly complains and always knows best, real fun people to be around.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

It's just how some are in general. I'm sure we have all worked with that one dude who constantly complains and always knows best, real fun people to be around.

Please don't take this wrong, but I just have to ask .... are you Monica Lewinsky?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Please don't take this wrong, but I just have to ask .... are you Monica Lewinsky?

Are you still hunting for that blue dress? It’s like your Holy Grail....give it up already!  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

Actually, some jobs require a skeptical outlook to maintain consistent productivity and success, where blind optimism would lead to repeated failure. Not all humans are the same thankfully.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

People will absolutely change their mind when they see RESULTS. Blind faith is great, but some of us view the Bills through a skeptical lens after 25 years of futility. 

Show me/Prove it/Talk is cheap. Choose the idiom. I'll believe it when I see it.

This is a critical season for Beane, Allen, and McDermott. All will be well with the state of the Bills if we see WINNING.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

People will absolutely change their mind when they see RESULTS. Blind faith is great, but some of us view the Bills through a skeptical lens after 25 years of futility. 

Show me/Prove it/Talk is cheap. Choose the idiom. I'll believe it when I see it.

This is a critical season for Beane, Allen, and McDermott. All will be well with the state of the Bills if we see WINNING.

This was always going to be the prove it or lose it season for McD and Beane.......they effectively punted on last season even though the team made the playoffs the previous year......

They know it......we as fans know it......playoffs in some way shape or form is the expectation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I was spoiled, I started rooting in 86.  It got good real quick. I have very little optimism for Buffalo sports, I need the teams to start showing me something.

That is one year earlier than when I became a Bills fan. Hopefully after the draft you will see the similarities in how Beane/McDermott are building this team and how Polian/Levy did it in the late 80s. I'm seeing the same steps in how it's being done. Hang in 2 years and prepare to enjoy the ride.