Prediction: Kyler Murray will be an injured bust. #Mechanics

2 hours ago, pop gun said:

I use to play baseball in college and so did my son, so what's your point!

You should re-read the OP before spouting off about staying quiet vs. talking and removing all doubt. I have a keen eye as it relates to baseball throwing mechanics. How bout dat?

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You should re-read the OP before spouting off about staying quiet vs. talking and removing all doubt. I have a keen eye as it relates to baseball throwing mechanics. How bout dat?

Yeah, i'm not the one fabricating stuff, but I digress your armchair eye is obviously far superior to someone who has fixed injured players and better than someone who has played the game at a high level. You win! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So, Hollywood Brown (#15 Ravens, front row) is listed at 5’9. Just saying.

The part that always seemed odd to me was that he didn’t have the height measurement done at his pro day, even though he was being weighed again. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Height measurement-gate?

Yep. He's lifting like Mickey(Seinfeld) Pretty much ended his career in show biz.

I actually like Murray, but there's no way he's 5'10.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and I’m the ring leader! I’ve been saying since last year he is not 5’10. He’s 5 8.5. I will take this my grave! 

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yep. He's lifting like Mickey(Seinfeld) Pretty much ended his career in show biz.

I actually like Murray, but there's no way he's 5'10.

Haha .  I agree with you guys .  I love how a lot of people cite the NFL combine measurement as official when that is nothing but a hype machine.  Bring him to a doctor’s office and let’s see what that height really is ?

A person can increase his height by an inch maybe even two by hydrating and hanging by your arms (or upside down) for a period of time. It's all about elongating the spine and increasing the space between each vertebrae a little bit. Add a little to each of the 20+ vertebral spaces and you can "grow" by an inch or two shortly before being measured.

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

A person can increase his height by an inch maybe even two by hydrating and hanging by your arms (or upside down) for a period of time. It's all about elongating the spine and increasing the space between each vertebrae a little bit. Add a little to each of the 20+ vertebral spaces and you can "grow" by an inch or two shortly before being measured.

I suppose we would have heard if he was hanging upside down at the time of the measurement.  ?

I’m with the “he’s not really 5’10” 1/8th crowd”. If that’s his natural height, and it’s such a big deal, you just get measured again at your pro day to put the talk to rest. I don’t know how they did it, but Penn & Teller may have been involved. 

It’s also worth noting that only one player in that photo has a headband on, making his hair stand up taller. 

He also seems to be standing closer to the seat in front of him, while the others are slightly farther away and closer to the seat behind him. Stuff like this just makes people look at it even closer, maybe to the point of even just imagining some things. Just come clean, play well,  and it goes away. He’ll either make it, or he won’t in the end. 

Man, Andy Isabella is one ugly mug...

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cards sent 3 guys? Alrighty

Pats have three there, and two of them are wearing numbers that they can't wear in the regular season... I hate that. 

Also, I have a strange feeing that number 26 front and center will be the best player from this picture. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Man, Andy Isabella is one ugly mug...

Pats have three there, and two of them are wearing numbers that they can't wear in the regular season... I hate that. 

Also, I have a strange feeing that number 26 front and center will be the best player from this picture. 

And no Jets! Lmao

On 4/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah. I said it. And I don't care about the fact that he's 5'8" tall. We all know shorter QB's have a decent chance at success (see Flutie, Tyrod and Brees)

What I'm referring to here is "throwing mechanics".

Let's all agree that Kyler is a natural baseball athlete. In fact, it's his first love. He chose football but baseball is in his blood; otherwise, there would be no uproar when he chose football.

I've watched a lot of film on QB's each year (see my previous QB evaluation threads where I hone in on mechanics, velocity, accuracy, free line press speed and rapid eye momentum agility (all QB's are scored on these criteria).

Here's what I see with Kyler Murray:

1) Floppy elbow

2) Pseudo side-arm

3) Snaps his wrist on release

4) Eye tracking and target transition is delayed

5) Baseball throwing style for infielders (pushes the ball rather than creating the traditional 90 degree bracket between humerus, ulna, forearm and bicep)

With all this in mind, and given how much I read about and watch baseball (which is significant), there's one condition that no one considered when drafting a baseball player: "baseball elbow". It's the condition which many baseball players suffer from attributable to the snapping motion of ligaments within the elbow joint compartment typically requiring ice immersion therapy and then, surgery for compartment release. He's been throwing this way for so many years he'll never correct the faulty mechanics. He'll be on IR within the first two years and out of football in three years. 

Feel free to re-visit this link in 36 months. I told ya so.

You named one successful QB.  Flutie did ok.  Drew is also 6 foot not 5 anything.  Murray doesnt stand tall in the pocket.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 4/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I think Murray's gonna be pretty good.

This ^^^

I remember The same was said about Mayfield minus baseball ️ 

too short , too small , 

Edited by Putin