Who do you want in the first round?

elijah

What pick do you want the Bills to make?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What pick do you want the Bills to make?

• TRADE UP: DT, Quinnen Williams
    • TRADE UP: EDGE, Josh Allen
    • DT, Ed Oliver
    • TE, TJ Hockenson
    • WR, DK Metcalf
    • OT, Jawaan Taylor
    • OT, Jonah Williams
    • Trade Down
    • Other TE/WR
    • Other DL
    • Other OL
    • Other

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

At 9 I want BPA.  This will most likely be a defensive player.

I want the Bills to move up and get back into the 1st or add a 2nd in round 2.  I would like to see more quality, less quantity this year.  3 picks in first 2 rounds is the goal.

I think Beane is more interested in quality over quantity. I would rather have 7 draft picks that are solid than accumulate even more picks (we currently have 10) by passing on better talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Allen is gonna be on his rookie deal for at most another 2-3 years.  That’s the window where you can go out and pay for established talent.  Makes way more sense to go after an established pass rusher like Clark and Clowney than draft a Sweat, Burns or even an Oliver at 9.  Ford set the market at a 2nd round pick for a pass rusher on the franchise tag.  That equals a trade down from 9 to 21 or 23.  

While I dont disagree with the Allen rookie deal aspect, I think the main selling point on Oliver is that he gets pressure up the middle, which is the best way to beat Brady. The rest of the guys you mention are all edge rushers.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I went Oliver over trade down, in a toss up. If I knew what we would get in a trade down, I might lean the other way. Bottom line, we need elite talent rather than just filling needs, and Oliver just might be that kind of game changer. 

I’d love Q. Williams, but the cost would be too great. 

I think if Williams is there at 5 probably cost us a third 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Who are we taking in 20 something range in that trade down?

(I am not against it....just wondering if we are now in offensive weapon territory)

Could probably do an Edmunds trade up for Hockenson or Metcalf.  One of them will probably still be available around pick 16 or 17.  

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You think the Bills can go from 9 to 5 for a 3rd round pick?  Unless I am misreading your post, that is never going to happen.

I agree.  It would have to be something closer to what it cost the Jets last year.  Not the same but closer to that. 

42 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I think if Williams is there at 5 probably cost us a third 

Sadly, I see no way he gets to 5, and even less that we can get there for a 3rd. But we can dream!   ?

A trade up is out of the question.   

Our team is neither desperate for a QB, nor on the edge of greatness where one HOF type player would put us over the edge to a championship.   Those are the only two reason you would trade up.

We're too thin at Dline, LB, TE, OT and RB to give up our second rounder, where we'll surely grab another productive player.

The whole beauty of where we sit and NOT needing a qb is to do exactly what Indy and Tampa did last year:   let someone else reaching for a QB overpay you for your spot, get multiple FREE high round draft picks, and still grab the dude you want all along.   Tampa grabbed TWO great cb's in the 2nd round from our picks AND still nailed Vita Vea at 12.

Indy did the same with the Jets, still got Quinton Nelson and picked up huge draft capital along the way.

It's rare to be in our spot, Beane isn't going to blow it by pulling a Whaley/Sammy Watkins blunder.

• Like (+1) 4

Honestly I dont see the Bills trading down. I think they'll try to move up but if they stand pat I say Hockenson at 9. You dont draft a player where you think he should he drafted rather you draft when the player you want is available. Hockenson is pretty damn good off the bat so I wouldn't pussyfoot and think he'll be there later. If they trade up itll be for an elite talent and I'd he fine with whomever they take if they do

4 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Please no to Hockenson at 9, you dont use top 10 picks on non premium positions

It's debatable if TE is a premium position now. I myself think having a elite TE can do wonders for a offense just ask Bill Belichick well maybe not ask him because he wants to keep teams not knowing what he has learned over the yrs. Adding a player like Hock will open up the entire field for our offense and will give Allen the security blanket he needs 

11 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

It's debatable if TE is a premium position now. I myself think having a elite TE can do wonders for a offense just ask Bill Belichick well maybe not ask him because he wants to keep teams not knowing what he has learned over the yrs. Adding a player like Hock will open up the entire field for our offense and will give Allen the security blanket he needs 

Where were all the top TE's in the league drafted?

28 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Where were all the top TE's in the league drafted?

Theres only 32 of these starting jobs across the league.  Teams carry 3 of them on average on a team . So basically there's 96 to 110 players at this position in the league it's not like other positions that have double triple the amount of players. So naturally teams do not value this position as much but the teams that are really good to great 80% of them have a difference making elite TE on there squad.  

Now since the position is not valued as much by old style managers this naturally pushes these players to 2nd or 3rd rds of the draft.  

Just now, BillsFan1988 said:

Theres only 32 of these starting jobs across the league.  Teams carry 3 of them on average on a team . So basically there's 96 to 110 players at this position in the league it's not like other positions that have double triple the amount of players. So naturally teams do not value this position as much but the teams that are really good to great 80% of them have a difference making elite TE on there squad.  

Now since the position is not valued as much by old style managers this naturally pushes these players to 2nd or 3rd rds of the draft.  

So if players are going to be pushed to those rounds, why would you take one top 10?

If Bosa, Allen, Williams, Wilkins, Oliver, Gary are on board, the Bills will draft them IMO.  If not, they trade down me thinks, acquiring an additional 2nd rounder.  If those 6 are gone, what Beane does will be very interesting.  Josh Jacobs is my super sleeper for the Bills pick.  He just might be BPA at 9.  Taylor Rapp is another player I think the Bills will consider after trading down, with one of the acquired picks