Bills showing interest in Memphis LB Curtis Akins

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

draft analysts......7th round

Could be anywhere from day 3 to UDFA. Maybe we use a 7th on him. Could use another fast LB, and he’s tall. Not sure how good he is. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Could be anywhere from day 3 to UDFA. Maybe we use a 7th on him. Could use another fast LB, and he’s tall. Not sure how good he is. 

i hope they use every pick after the 4th to move up. i'd rather have 6 guys that can make the roster instead of 10 all over the place picks.....not to mention if we can gain another 2 4ths in doing so , that gives us a couple of 4ths to move up with.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i hope they use every pick after the 4th to move up. i'd rather have 6 guys that can make the roster instead of 10 all over the place picks.....not to mention if we can gain another 2 4ths in doing so , that gives us a couple of 4ths to move up with.

I think they will try that to some degree, but need a willing partner. 7ths aren’t worth a lot in trades

• Like (+1) 4

I definitely sound like a broken record, but let's keep in mind Beane and McD have found Draft gold all over the place from the early rounds - as they're supposed to - to Milano in the 5th, Taron Johnson in the 4th, to Wallace and Foster as UDFAs - who were listed among PFF's elite. 

Teller was a 5th - jury is still out but he seemed to make some developmental strides last year. So, while I won't second guess anything Beane and his team do on Draft weekend, I don't know that giving away all picks from the 4th after mean you're necessarily getting a better player either. All of that said, I can finally say after so many miserable years, the Bills have a plan and at least thus far, seem to know what in the hell they're doing....that....is refreshing.

• Like (+1) 3

Could be another jewel like Millano which is a need as far as a starter is concerned they have done okay filling the void but they need another long term player along side of Millano, & Edmunds to keep them strong at that position for years to come .

19 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I've honestly never heard of him, but those are some pretty nice measurables. 

I thought the same, very impressive measureables but watch the tape, not impressive at all. He instincts at LB are not good, not explosive at all.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

How many times do you think GM’s use the line ‘hey, Brady was a sixth’ , when trying to use late round picks to move up?

A lot. The question is, how often does the other GM buy that line? It probably has the same success rate as an onside kick.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I thought the same, very impressive measureables but watch the tape, not impressive at all. He instincts at LB are not good, not explosive at all.

They might of taken him to dinner to pick his brain and get some insight into the situation. McDermott and his D staff know LB’s and DB’s . If they feel the kid is worth a late round or UDFA signing then I am all for it. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Please no. Not impressed at all. He is #7 in the film.

Thanks for sharing this clip. Yeah i'm with ya on this one, PLEASE NO haha. Maybe it was just a bad game but his reads were wrong, he took wrong angles in pursuit & looked like he was coasting in pursuit, as if he didn't care at all if he tackled a runner or not. No sense of urgency or aggressiveness, no explosiveness & didn't appear to be strong at the point of attack. There was no attack, just a guy on the field going thru the motions. Watching that clip theres no reason whatsoever where I'd pick his name & say hey, i want to draft that guy.

I hope he enjoyed his free meal, but I hope thats the last one on us

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

They might of taken him to dinner to pick his brain and get some insight into the situation. McDermott and his D staff know LB’s and DB’s . If they feel the kid is worth a late round or UDFA signing then I am all for it. 

Or even what it’s like trying to tackle Darrell Henderson every day in practice to get intel on him 

• Like (+1) 1