Draft Strategy: Beane absolutely must draft around coaching this year

Hear me out. We’ve got threads espousing the virtues of drafting around offense, defense, and special teams but, much like the Bills since the turn of the millennium, everyone ignores coaching. I know, I know... people will argue continuity and that McDermott hasn’t been given a chance yet to succeed with his players... blah, blah, blah...

Consider for a minute the 2002 Buccaneers. Yes, the price was steep, but they won a Super Bowl. Let that sink in for a minute... Tampa Bay has won a Super Bowl. 

I say screw drafting for offense. Screw drafting for defense. And definitely SCREW drafting for special teams.

Pony up those 10 picks, plus whatever picks next year... and hell even the year after that if we have to and draft a coach (more accurately trade the picks for a coach, but you get the gist).

Now I’m not advocating we do it for Chucky... though it did work once. Honestly, I’m not sure who would be befitting that honor. But while we’re burning through picks I say we trade a few more to fill out the staff and bring in John Harbaugh as ST coordinator, Sean Payton as OC, and Bill Belichick as DC. 

Smell that?  It’s the sweet smell of success... which actually kinda resembles the smell of a skunk a little bit. A sweet, smoky, hunger inducing skunk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

We are in pretty good shape with McDermott. He is 15-17 the past 2 years with a below average roster. There have been points in the last 2 years where it was commonly thought that the Bills had one of the worst rosters in the NFL, yet McDermott has managed to keep the team competitive. I’m very interested to see how he does with an upgrade in talent and an emerging qb. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, racketmaster said:

We are in pretty good shape with McDermott. He is 15-17 the past 2 years with a below average roster. There have been points in the last 2 years where it was commonly thought that the Bills had one of the worst rosters in the NFL, yet McDermott has managed to keep the team competitive. I’m very interested to see how he does with an upgrade in talent and an emerging qb. 

Theres no room for this kind of crap here. This is a serious thread!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RedandBlue said:

For the love of humanity, tell me this was just a troll/sarcastic thread. With that being said, that’s one hell of a long post, for what?

And people wonder why I included the phrase “this is a parody thread” in my ST post?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, transient said:

Hear me out. We’ve got threads espousing the virtues of drafting around offense, defense, and special teams but, much like the Bills since the turn of the millennium, everyone ignores coaching. I know, I know... people will argue continuity and that McDermott hasn’t been given a chance yet to succeed with his players... blah, blah, blah...

Consider for a minute the 2002 Buccaneers. Yes, the price was steep, but they won a Super Bowl. Let that sink in for a minute... Tampa Bay has won a Super Bowl. 

I say screw drafting for offense. Screw drafting for defense. And definitely SCREW drafting for special teams.

Pony up those 10 picks, plus whatever picks next year... and hell even the year after that if we have to and draft a coach (more accurately trade the picks for a coach, but you get the gist).

Now I’m not advocating we do it for Chucky... though it did work once. Honestly, I’m not sure who would be befitting that honor. But while we’re burning through picks I say we trade a few more to fill out the staff and bring in John Harbaugh as ST coordinator, Sean Payton as OC, and Bill Belichick as DC. 

Smell that?  It’s the sweet smell of success... which actually kinda resembles the smell of a skunk a little bit. A sweet, smoky, hunger inducing skunk.

We already have the best coach in the league/

7 hours ago, transient said:

U just wasted whatever time u used writing this post and I just wasted whatever I used remarking to it.  ?