Let's have a way too early Win Projection

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

I don't disagree overall with the sentiment, but if Allen implodes then we will crash and burn.

If he pulls a wentz in year 2 we will be amazing.

QB play is the most important thing to a team's success in regards to players on the field.

I think we can agree that Allen imploding is unlikely given his performance last year with very little support around him.

He has an interesting mental makeup and did not even look fazed when guys were dropping balls left and right, or if he had a bad play, just back to the huddle looking to take another crack.

His best year at Wyoming was the year where he had a bit of support from the senior class of players around him and was not trying to do it all, I expect similar positive results this season.

If he stays healthy, with a better supporting cast to help him move the chains, he should take some solid maturation steps forward this season. 

Honestly, I am just looking for Allen to improve his pre-snap reads and learn to better manage games by pressing less and taking advantage of underneath options when opposing defenses are giving those up.

I also want to see our STs punt better, cover better, flip the field more, and kick in some decent returns. Hopefully our kicker will be healthy enough to hit field goals from 30 yards out again.

I want to see our defense stop the run and improve their red zone stops.

There is a lot I am looking for outside of our QB play that I think will lead to more wins.

23 hours ago, GreggTX said:

7 or 8 wins is reasonable. At least we'll have a rushing attack, but our defense will slip. We'll be surrendering rushing yards to opponents in big chunks and Josh Allen will continue to throw too many picks.

You think the loss of Kyle is going to have that big of an impact on our D? We've retained everyone else.