Let's have a way too early Win Projection

Definitely too early to tell but I think (hope) they improve. I think they can. McDermott has gotten quite a bit out of not-so-great rosters but hopefully with a better OL and some better weapons for Allen, they'll take the next step. At best, I'll say 10, *maybe* 11 wins, if the defense can play just as well as last year and if the offense can put up at least 20-24 points a game, I can see 10-11 wins. At worst, 7-9. 

4 minutes ago, foreboding said:

So all the new players and an easier schedule only gets the team one more win?

I don't really view it as an easier schedule. We're swapping out:

Jaguars - bad

Colts - good

Texans - meh

Packers - meh

Vikings - meh

Bears - good

Lions - bad

Chargers - good

for

Cowboys - good

Eagles - good

Giants - bad

Redskins - bad

Browns - good

Steelers - good

Bengals - bad

Broncos - meh

And I think the Jets improvement and Dolphins decline are roughly a wash.

Also figure McCoy's decline likely continues, and while the Bills have upgraded pretty significantly offensively, it's still probably among the worst group of weapons in the league and a roughly average OLine with solid depth.

Good on all you having so much optimism.

The offense has gotten better, but only in the sense that we'll have actual NFL starters at most every position.  I think it's hard to argue there's a single blue chip player on the entire unit, we are asking a 2nd year still raw QB to put on a super hero cape against teams that have a full year of film on him now.

Still feels like a 6-8 win team.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Home:

Dolphins - win

Patriots - loss

Jets - win

Ravens - loss

Bengals - win

Eagles - loss

Redskins - win

Broncos - loss

4-4

Away:

Dolphins - loss

Patriots - loss

Jets - loss

Steelers - win

Browns - loss

Giants - win

Cowboys - loss

Titans - win

3-5

7-9 overall record

Anything can happen, of course, but losing at home to Denver?  Why?

The Ravens are going to take a huge fall this year too...

16 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Anything can happen, of course, but losing at home to Denver?  Why?

The Ravens are going to take a huge fall this year too...

There's almost always a surprise loss and a surprise win. For me, the surprise win is Pittsburgh, surprise loss is Miami on the road. I think Baltimore is likely better than Buffalo and view Denver as being roughly the same tier (unless Allen makes a big leap in Year 2 which can't be ruled out).

• Like (+1) 1

Yikes.  This  is hard...  so many unknowns.

*  How much will Allen progress from Year 1 to Year 2?

*  How will all the new starters on offense gel?

*  How much will Daboll improve in his second year?

*  Who are we going to draft?

*  What other FAs will we sign?

9-7.

• Like (+1) 1

11-5.

This is a much improved team - and we still have a draft.

I know every team basically improves at this time of year, but this has been such a smart offseason so far.  Big focus on o line and depth, and we finally have some real receivers.

And we’re programmed to concede 2 games and the division to the Pats, but things are changing.  They lost so much talent, and Brady will be 42.  BB is the best, but he can’t work miracles.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

A couple of very bold calls expecting us to win in Pittsburgh. They'll be back a top of their division next season.

Pittsburgh is not far away.  Let's all go to the game (I live here, so not hard for me). 

That said, I think we will be able to shut down their passing game with our secondary and get an INT or 2--the key will be stopping the run.   On offense, I see us being able to score on the overrated PIT D. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

Home:  Baltimore (W); Bengals (W); Eagles (L); Washington (W); Denver (W); Miami (W); Jets (W); Pats (L)

Away: Browns (L); Pittsburgh (W); Dallas (L); Giants (W); Tennessee Twitter and Forward Lateral Cheaters :) (W); Miami (W); Pats (L); Jets (W). 

I get 11-5.

I see a realistic swing of up to 2 games either way. 

Edited by RyanC883