Spain has played LG his entire career.  My guess is as follows:

LT Dawkins

LG Spain

C Morse

RG Feliciano

RT Nsheke

Huge line!  Would average 6'5 1/2" and 324 lbs

2 hours ago, GG said:

Bills currently have 13 OLs under contract.  They kept 10 last season.  This is my easy prediction;  

Russell Bodine

Mitch Morse

Ryan Groy Spencer Long
Ike Boettger Ike Boettger
Vlad Ducasse Quinton Spain
John Miller Jon Feliciano
Jeremiah Sirles LaAdrian Waddle
Wyatt Teller Wyatt Teller
Dion Dawkins Dion Dawkins
Conor McDermott Draft Pick
Jordan Mills Ty Nsekhe

To be cut
  Jeremiah Sirles
  Vlad Ducasse
  Russell Bodine
  Conor McDermott

That’s a lot of interior OL.  Let’s say Spain, Morse and Long are the starters on the interior.  That leaves, Feliciano, Teller and Boettger backing up inside.  

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Teller is an intriguing one because if he has a great camp he could start, but he could also be cut pretty easily now.

My prediction is: 

Dawkins | Draft Pick

Spain | Teller

Morse | Bodine (I don't see a point in cutting him with the injury history of Morse) 

Long | Felliciano

Nsekhe | Waddle

Either way, we have competition across the entire line, and realistically, 4 out of five spots have been improved... This is staggering to be here before the draft. 

This is exactly how I see it playing out as well. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

We will run, crush defenses with these guys upfront. (Double TE packages will be common)

TE - Kroft

LT - Dawkins

LG - Spain

C - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nsekhe 

TE - Fisher

Which will open up big plays over the top. This is going to be a fun year

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I agree about Feliciano.  Most teams keep 9 OL.  4 OTs and 5 interior linemen.  

I agree with this minus one subtraction of Bodine.   Feliciano may beat out Long at RG.  

I think Bodine played decently last year... The only reason to cut him would be to save money (no idea what that does cap wise) and if they think Long's position flexibility is better than his. 

He also could be a trade candidate during camp if someone loses a starting Center. 

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Bodine played decently last year... The only reason to cut him would be to save money (no idea what that does cap wise) and if they think Long's position flexibility is better than his. 

He also could be a trade candidate during camp if someone loses a starting Center. 

If you look at the 53 man roster as a whole and the position breakdowns, most teams keep 9 OL.  The Bills kept 10 OL last year and i believe the year before trying to get some combination that so called worked.  Also they didn't have enough OL guys who were flexible and could play multiple positions.  Most of their signings this FA are guys who can play more than one position.  These guys give the Bills greater number of line combinations with less guys required.  Some here on the board think the Bills may only keep 8 OL.  It would not surprise me if the Bills traded an OL guy sometime after the draft.  Bodine is a top candidate imo

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s a lot of interior OL.  Let’s say Spain, Morse and Long are the starters on the interior.  That leaves, Feliciano, Teller and Boettger backing up inside.  

I marched it up against the positions they carried last year.  I agree with Kirby that they probably won't carry 10 OLs, as Fisher gives them the optionality if needed.  I think the team values position flexibility, which should give Long & Sirles a better shot than Bodine.  Bodine is a prime trade candidate.  If they got some value out of trading Marshall Newhouse, they definitely can get something for a starting C.

• Like (+1) 3

I think they will only keep 9 this year. This group on paper is better than last years group with position flexibility. 4 tackles, 5 interior with depth at the center spot being the most crucial. Im not opposed to keeping 10 as Morse and Long do have a bit of an injury history.  I've posted before Bodine was adequate and is cheap. I also don't think that much of Teller but he is young, cheap, and I think he will beat out Feliciano for back up spot. This gives him a year to be groomed if Spain leaves.  I also believe they will draft long term answer at RT in round 2-3.

Starters:

Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Long, Nsekhe

Backups:

Teller, OT draft pick, Bodine, Waddle

Cuts:

Feliciano(#10 if they keep 10), Sirles, Ducasse, McDermott

PS:

Boettger

3 hours ago, GG said:

Bills currently have 13 OLs under contract.  They kept 10 last season.  This is my easy prediction;  

Russell Bodine

Mitch Morse

Ryan Groy Spencer Long
Ike Boettger Ike Boettger
Vlad Ducasse Quinton Spain
John Miller Jon Feliciano
Jeremiah Sirles LaAdrian Waddle
Wyatt Teller Wyatt Teller
Dion Dawkins Dion Dawkins
Conor McDermott Draft Pick
Jordan Mills Ty Nsekhe

To be cut
  Jeremiah Sirles
  Vlad Ducasse
  Russell Bodine
  Conor McDermott

I just don't see 10 OL being kept on the 53.

3-QBs

4-RBs (Including FB)

6-WRs (Roberts is ST)

9-OL

3-TEs

That's 25.

Keeping 10 OL puts a stress on playmakers IMO.

26 minutes ago, GG said:

I marched it up against the positions they carried last year.  I agree with Kirby that they probably won't carry 10 OLs, as Fisher gives them the optionality if needed.  I think the team values position flexibility, which should give Long & Sirles a better shot than Bodine.  Bodine is a prime trade candidate.  If they got some value out of trading Marshall Newhouse, they definitely can get something for a starting C.

Though I would keep Bodine your idea of a trade is not without merit. He is starter capable and cheap. He could fetch a decent return player. I would not trade for a low round draft pick, but for a capable DL then I would consider it.

3 hours ago, T master said:

I don't believe they go O line early in the draft i think D line, TE, & WR may be the early picks & possibly another good LB prospect last yr with Millano, Edmunds they have those 2 in the LB corp but need one more to keep them solid for years to come the DB's are looking pretty good with who they brought in last year & bringing back some other good players they let walk .

Prediction best D line player at #9 !! To replace Kyle & push Lawson !!  

Completely agree. With all the multiple OL pick ups,  there's no way we go OL in the first 3 picks. I also see DL, TE & WR in that order. Probably only draft 1 OL somewhere in the 5th or 6th.

3 hours ago, hemma said:

There are enough teams that need a Center that I think they can get something for Bodine.

Even a 2020 6th is better than zip. 

I agree.  I could also see us drafting McCoy from T A&M as he can be a backup guard and center, making Bodine redundant and tradable. 

3 hours ago, wppete said:

We will run, crush defenses with these guys upfront. (Double TE packages will be common)

TE - Kroft

LT - Dawkins

LG - Spain

C - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nsekhe 

TE - Fisher

WINNER!

What makes you think they keep Boettger over Sirles,who they re-signed?

With Morse's  injury history,I think they keep Bodine. What makes you think they keep Boettger over Sirles,who they re-signed?

And Fisher? Lets wait and see if he can actually play TE.

9 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

LT Dawkins

LG Spain

C Morse

RG Long    -------- Both played together in Washington

RT Nseke  -------- Both played together in Washington

i'm thinking mcoy center from texas for sure...rd 3/4.   i don't think they'll get any of the high tackles, i don't know what they'll do there. i wish dawkins was willing and able to go to rt. not sure how nseke feels about the rt spot, seems his gig is left tackle.

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree.  I could also see us drafting McCoy from T A&M as he can be a backup guard and center, making Bodine redundant and tradable. 

sorry didn't see this before i posted.

Edited by billsredneck1

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just don't see 10 OL being kept on the 53.

3-QBs

4-RBs (Including FB)

6-WRs (Roberts is ST)

9-OL

3-TEs

That's 25.

Keeping 10 OL puts a stress on playmakers IMO.

i think derek anderson retires...at some point before final cuts.