Birth of the Legend of FitzMagic

Was at this game. 

Truly thought the tide had turned in the rivalry and the Bills were about to have a playoff season.

I didn't want to leave once the game was over. I basically stayed in the stadium until they kicked me out.

I even walked down to the rail near the field and asked a security guard for a piece of the turf. He said "I'm not really supposed to do that", but then looked around, shrugged, and tore up a piece of turf for me.

What a game! 

I remember David Nelson's fire! I understand the logic behind "process" players, but I also like guys who play with an edge and some passion. Beasley will bring that to the table, but it'd be nice to have a few more guys like that.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:33 AM, Bills Survivor said:

Sad to see him end up on the Fish.  Wonder if he'll end up starting.

Fitzy always ends up starting, at least for 4 or 5 games. Who else is going to start the season at QB for the Phins? I just hope our schedule works out so that whatever rookie they draft is starting by the time the first Dolphins-Bills game comes around because the old Amish Rifle probably has at least one more magic 4 game run in him.

Fred Jackson was the man. Thanks to him for being the only consistently good offensive player during the drought years. There were many games where he was the only one who showed up to play. Juat a good running back (not great, but good).

I'm excited that we have another QB that is willing to push the ball down the field and stand in the pocket and deliver the ball like Fitz was. Allen has light-years better arm talent and athleticism, though. Let's hope he has better decision making too. While Fitz was exciting, you just KNEW he would throw an INT at the worst moments.

The Fitz “ contract myth” has become something of a legend of its own. Reality is, Fitzpatrick was playing on a backup contract when he clearly had become the team’s choice as starter. The contract lifted him from backup money all the way to the 16th highest paid starting QB in the NFL. That’s right, exactly average - right where he belonged. There was nothing wrong with this, and drafting EJ Manuel was actually a far greater error at QB by the Bills FO. Sure, Fitzy showed his true colors, but there was nothing wrong with paying him like the middle of the pack starter he was at the time. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, boco357 said:

Was there, that was loudest game I had been to next to game vs Titans in 2000.

Place went nuts after Florence INT.

Yeah I was there too, and being that I'm in my early 30's, it was the best Bills moment I have witnessed (in person).

I remember right before the game winning fg they announced over the loudspeaker for fans not to storm the field.

Classic. We were freakin out like it was the SB, and the players and fans didn't want to leave the stadium. We hung out in the stands for nearly an hour afterwards with tens of thousands of other fans and I have to admit it was pretty awesome.

14 hours ago, Tcali said:

he threw it at the minus 3....TO caught it at the 47....and waited quite a while for the ball. thats 50 yds. You ever watch the 13 yr olds in PUNT PASS and KICK??--you need to get out more.

i saw the play live with the replays--the pushoff was earlier. the pass was 50 damn yards. what is wrong with you? FITZ had a joke arm

Yeah, 50 yards in the air pass completions are a dime a dozen in the NFL, right?  LOL

Anyway: https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/11/03/why-ryan-fitzpatrick-throws-the-nfls-most-lethal-deep-ball/

ya know the one thing i took away from this. Fitzpatrick looks like he puts his entire soul into all his hard throws....Allen can do the same level of throw with what looks like a flick of the wrist lol. So much ceiling.....

Also, did you see the cheerleaders? I had forgotten about them.....how long have they been suing? We ever hear anything about them ever coming back or are we just going to get the ever expanding marching band? :P

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life

On 4/11/2019 at 6:16 AM, ScottLaw said:

And turnovers. 

Guy throws some of the ballsiest passes.....and they more often than not don't work out. 

He has a few really good games and then eventually ***** the bed. Fitz guna Fitz. 

Fitz has an OK arm with solid but not elite accuracy but he throws the ball like he has a Josh Allen sized arm and Brady like accuracy. Meaning that he doesn't understand his limitations which results in a lot up and down plays. He takes a lot of risks and given his mid-level talent his play varies wildly. 

Fitz really is the ideal backup in some ways in that he can go 3-1 and look like a world beater doing so, he also by all accounts is a beloved locker room guy which is a good thing for a backup QB to be. But Fitz can't really sustain success unless he has a stacked team around him. So you get a guy whose career has been very wild in terms of highs and lows.