Birth of the Legend of FitzMagic

Just happened to find this gem on youtube, it's the birth of the Legend of FitzMagic where the Bills snapped a 15 game skid against the Patriots.  How pissed off Brady looks at the end is just glorious.  I remember that win well, and it makes me miss Freddie all the more.  Thought I'd share with Bills fans on here.

• Like (+1) 3

Weller and gronk were so freaking good too.

I think wes went over 200 yards with 2 TD I think gronk was over 100 with 1 or 2 TDs also.

I think the pats were like top 5 offense that year but like last in the league defensively.

Stevie Johnson had a game for us too if I'm not mistaken.

Heck of a game.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember freaking out over this game. Two things i took from this video, I miss Fred Jackson (still one of my favorite bill's) I do not miss Fitz's interceptions. Man he threw a ton of them every year

That was the first game where my son understood buffalo and its fans.... 

Sat in a the lower corner by the tunnel.  Son was playing(cheering) with these boys sitting next to us, though most of the game.  The game ended, Freddie Jackson came and grabbed his son (we were sitting next to, and had no Idea), then proceeded to run around the field with the bills flag and his son.  still got the goose bumps.

Byrd and the rest of that secondary were awful.  No problems with Fitzy's arm strength.

And Freddie--he did put on a show.  A bull.  A Bills RB that runs runs straight ahead for big yards.  Hard to remember what that's like!

Edited by Mr. WEO

What a freaking game!!!!  Thanks for sharing!

I was with my girlfriend (now wife) at a friends house.  Watched the game until half time and thought "typical bills vs. pats, time to go home."  Got to the Wegmans in Syracuse on that last Bills drive and was listening in the car.  We started screaming and freaking out in my car and directly across from us was a guy and his wife also freaking out in their car about the Bills finally beating the Pats.

Great memory!

• Like (+1) 1

My gf at the time (was a Pats fan) legit lost her ***** after the game.  We were all watching the game at my parents house, my aunt/uncle also in town so big day for our Bills family... After the game she stormed out of the house and we couldn't find her.  The two of us had a silent 3hour drive home following the game.

It was F@#$ing awesome!

• Haha (+1) 1

My in-laws were in town visiting. They went on a day trip - my wife tries to get them out of the house during games, because her dad is the ultimate Bills pessimist and it gets on my nerves.

They returned while I was watching the late game, and when the score scrolled across the bottom of the screen, my wife did a double-take. I just smiled and said, "Best game of the decade."

...funny how Fitz was signed after his Cincy stint as the non-threatening, journeyman backup to our anointed savior and starter, Spent Trent Edwards....Fitzy keeps on 'tickin like that old "John Cameron Swazee Timex" in your nightstand and Spent Trent is sellin' used Yugos in Nogales.....

love fitzy...but having to throw the ball as hard as you can to hit a guy across the middle(his best pass) for 20 yards----and having to throw a rainbow up to get the ball 50 yards is gonna cost u. Defenses just keep moving tighter in on him as the season goes on because of the noodle arm. With all the expected disastrous results.

fitzy is such a tough guy though you have to love him. good athlete,good runner, hard to bring down.Would have been a good running back on Joe kapp's old viking teams.