Our New "Guards" (VIDEO- Pass Pro)

akcash

Feliciano # 76 at left guard starting out in the video... I like his game in PP... I'm sure run is decent too. I could see him grabbing a job if we go light in the draft. 

Spencer Long #61, I don't see him a starter. Bodine looks better to me.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, akcash said:

Feliciano # 76 at left guard starting out in the video... I like his game in PP... I'm sure run is decent too. I could see him grabbing a job if we go light in the draft. 

Spencer Long #61, I don't see him a starter. Bodine looks better to me.

Since when does bodine play guard?

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, CSBill said:

A high potential that these are your starting guards this year; they will be fighting it out with Teller, Boettger, and a mid-round draft pick. I think these two win.

Not if they draft Davis or Lindstrom (or the like) in the 2nd round.

Plus, the Bills like Boettger.

Long is likely the back up C and Feliciano is still a back up at G until he proves otherwise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Since when does bodine play guard?

Good point... in my mind I was visualizing Long at center... meant better center with what I was thinking but still if your getting blown up at center your going to get blown up at guard. Guard you're  by yourself more than center.

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Not if they draft Davis or Lindstrom (or the like) in the 2nd round.

Plus, the Bills like Boettger.

Long is likely the back up C and Feliciano is still a back up at G until he proves otherwise.

Well I was at the mall the other day and saw him standing by the restrooms. He was in the middle of the hallway and I couldn't get by him so he already a better blocker than what we have. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Biggest thing I look for is mobility in linemen. Sure, he is a big guy but can he get out there and move on pulls and toss plays and get out there as a lead blocker and open things up? Balance, leverage and mobility is just as important as raw strength for linemen which is why I like the Mitch Morse signing so much. If I had to guess, I think Wyatt Teller will lock down one of those guard jobs and Long, Bodine and Feliciano will battle for what's left. Wouldn't mind seeing Bodine at LG, Morse at C and Teller at RG. That's IF we don't draft a guy, that's a very real possibility. Teller is a guy that I think can develop into a very adequate linemen, we'll see what happens. I'm praying for Jawaan Taylor at 9.

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Excited to see what he can do for us. He’s a a born mauler. 

32 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well I was at the mall the other day and saw him standing by the restrooms. He was in the middle of the hallway and I couldn't get by him so he already a better blocker than what we have. 

A born Maller.... ?

Can't judge Feliciano on that film because Carr got the ball out much faster than Allen.   Not many plays where Felciano had to hold the block for a split second longer.

On another note, also surprised that Jared Cook lasted 2 weeks in FA

I think Beane's plan is going accordingly & the well is full at the O line position now so there will be plenty to choose from & there is a possibility that they grab another linemen in the draft at 9 i think with all the players had in FA that the Bills will go D with the first pick because they say this year is a D heavy draft !! 

Yeah Spain gives us much more flexibility... I'm thinking Spain at LG and Feliciano at RG as it stands right now. I think we could get by with that but never know maybe they'll get someone on day two or 3 too.

1 hour ago, Mark Long Beach said:

It was super hard watching the Jets.  I had to turn it off.

In what I watched, Long definitely got pushed back a few more times than I'd like.  But Bodine sure did.

If you watch Long when he played OG, he was really solid. I agree he sucked at Center, but he did play with a broken hand, hopefully that had something to do with it.

With the signing of Spain, Feliciano and Long will be relegated to competing for one guard spot with Wyatt Teller.  I think because Long has more experience at center, there will be a temptation to use him to back up all three interior line spots rather than start him in one place.   Feliciano is better than Teller was last season, but expect Teller to have a major upgrade in his play this coming season.  With his youth and upside to count him out in competition with Feliciano, who is a mauler but is somewhat limited athletically.