Andre Reed on MacGyver April 5th

On 4/3/2019 at 11:12 AM, Chandler#81 said:

I haven’t heard of one. Just sayin’.. I have a pretty extensive Bills memorabilia collection which includes an autographed Reed Rookie Card, but I paid for it from a dealer. He played with a mean determination, which truly enhanced his on field performance. He also sulked a lot.

Some folks just aren’t nice guys..

P.S. Sources in the FO say Old Dirty B will be made available for questions, after the Draft.    maybe....

I’ve had at least 7-8 good experiences with him.  From the age of 12 to the last good experience a couple years ago, I was 40.  

I’ve had 2 bad experiences.  I realize I’m the minority here, but it’s not as if he’s never been a nice guy.

• Like (+1) 1

I was a HUGE Rob Johnson fan and he didn't acknowledge my existence in response to an autograph request. This was at a joint TC with the Eagles in 1999. Antoine Winfield was the most fan friendly athlete I've ever encountered. JK put up up with my incessant questions when I was working at a shoe store and he was the grand opening "guest of honor." I once saw Barry Bonds turn down an autograph request from a kid in a wheelchair just to sit in a limo. Now THAT was bad. I was personally trying to get Deion's sig, but it didn't happen.

That being said, I've come to realize that these interactions are really not important; especially the negative experiences. Some guys are jerks. Some guys like fans. Some guys don't. They all have good days and bad. These people are not our friends. We support what they do on the playing field.

Taking it personally is definitely not the way to go.

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/3/2019 at 12:01 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea. That's it. I mean I could tell you stories about Jim Kelly being an ####### too. I've actually met these people. I also complimented two guys in that story. I've also met Bruce, Ruben Brown, John Holceck, Stevie Johnson, Fred, Moulds. I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of guys and most have been great. I've never had interactions like I did with Jim and I've never had someone like Leonard Smith call him out for being a dick to me.

But yea you're probably right. Lol his own teammate went at him for me. But please continue. Clown.

Edit- Fina also had a rep but was nice when I met him. Feel inclined to mention all the great guys I met because, don't insult the great andre Reed of the buffalo Bills on a show that shouldn't exist. It was just like nah maybe later. I don't know I'm wasting my time with this.

Andre's a douche. I've met him you watch him on an awful TV show. Enjoy life.

Maybe it’s you!

I met Andre in 1998 at the Grand Wailaia in Maui.  My girlfriend and I rented a poolside cabana for the day, and in the lounge chairs right in front if me were Andre, his wife, and a few friends.  Like you, I didn’t want to bother him either. It seemed every time his wife or one his friends would go in the pool, some obnoxious fan would approach him and presume to sit in his wife’s lounge chair while talking his ear off.  That, plus I was in my 40s, a little too old to collect autographs.

But I had two new San Francisco Bills Backers shirts up in my room, and finally giot up the nerve to ask.  I went and grabbed a shirt, borrowed a laundry marker from the concierge, aprroached politely, introduced myself, showed him the shirt and asked.

He was nice as could be, tickled pink to meet a Bills fan in Hawaii, held up the shirt to show his wife and friends, and signed it

’To The Senator - Best Wishes”

Andre Reed #83

Then I had a round of drinks sent to him and his party.

Also met Jim Kelly at a bar on Bourbon Street in ‘87 at the Final Four in New Orleans.  Again, nice a guy as you could meet.  Had a drink with him and Testaverde.  Also ran into him on Chippewa a couple of times, and spoke with him at Eddie Brady’s.  Didn’t have anything for him to sign, so never asked for his autograph.

I’m sure they get tired of all the requests at times, maybe they’re just not in the right mood or want to be left alone.  But my experiences with Bills players have all been good.

Edited by The Senator

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Disregard. Reed appears within the first 10 minutes and is killed by stabbing.

This should please Gugny and Ol Dirty B.

I watched the first 5 min and then was forced to switch to Chopped Jr.  RIP 

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Disregard. Reed appears within the first 10 minutes and is killed by stabbing.

This should please Gugny and Ol Dirty B.

I think they’re both a little nervous, pointing fingers at each other and looking for alibis.