Andre Reed on MacGyver April 5th

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea. That's it. I mean I could tell you stories about Jim Kelly being an ####### too. I've actually met these people. I also complimented two guys in that story. I've also met Bruce, Ruben Brown, John Holceck, Stevie Johnson, Fred, Moulds. I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of guys and most have been great. I've never had interactions like I did with Jim and I've never had someone like Leonard Smith call him out for being a dick to me.

But yea you're probably right. Lol his own teammate went at him for me. But please continue. Clown.

Edit- Fina also had a rep but was nice when I met him. Feel inclined to mention all the great guys I met because, don't insult the great andre Reed of the buffalo Bills on a show that shouldn't exist. It was just like nah maybe later. I don't know I'm wasting my time with this.

Andre's a douche. I've met him you watch him on an awful TV show. Enjoy life.

You didn’t meet him. You bothered him. You don’t know him. You interacted with him. Maybe he is not a great person. I remember him being quite bitter at the end of his career as they were trying to get him the receptions record. He said something to the effect of his catches weren't even real routes. Well that is because he couldn't get open anymore.

But a single interaction when asking for an autograph does not define a person.

Im curious though. You said you got the autograph in the end. How? 

11 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Is this serious?  I don’t get that impression from him at all.  Certainly not to the extent to elicit this type of reaction for one of our HOFers.

I’m guessing you haven’t had the “pleasure” of meeting in him or trying to help with his “charities”

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Cool. If he can get into acting, that's a fine side gig.

That show is poop. Absolute *****.

In fairness, it didn't start out that way. I have a teenage son who's into science, chemistry, etc., and we enjoyed most of the first season because it started out like the original one in terms of being relatively clever.

Then it became what they all become after a while; ridiculous plots, tough chicks undercover in skin-tight party dresses, cleavage everywhere, things blowing up, and a bustier-wearing midget in charge of everything.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I’m guessing you haven’t had the “pleasure” of meeting in him or trying to help with his “charities”

I actually met him several times, once at a pre-game party outside the stadium, and he "graciously" took time to take a picture.  He probably would've punched me out though if I asked for an autograph?

Besides, I'm not sure how the sad autograph story relates or ties in to the point that he quoted in his response to the assertion that there is no bigger self promoter "begging" to be relevant.

Edited by HurlyBurly51

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Has there ever been a bigger self-promoter than Andre Reed?  Jesus Christ.  This guy BEGS to be relevant.

It's a freaking tweet.  Are you saying you wouldn't come here and post if you were doing a guest spot on a nationally televised TV series?

46 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

It's a freaking tweet.  Are you saying you wouldn't come here and post if you were doing a guest spot on a nationally televised TV series?

No.  I'm not saying that at all.

13 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Same here.  Had no clue.

..likewise.......

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Am I the only one who didn’t know MacGyver was back on TV? Is it still Richard Dean Anderson? 

...nope...he just turned 69.....would prolly hurt himself now......

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I thought I was lucky enough to meet him. It wasn't planned, it was after Bills vs Pat's week 2 of Rex's first year. I was lucky or unlucky enough to get invited to this post game there. Jim, Thurman, and he was there. So was some lesser known players, I also saw like Eric wood who was a great guy and a couple other players as they were leaving. It was not me approaching the players after the game, it was the people who got me in.

Anyways I used to always rock an andre Jersey because being born in 89 and just naturally liking the wr position. He was the guy. I've got a Kelly, Thurman, tasker Jersey from that time period, but Reed was the one who I bought in 09. A throwback because I was like he's retired he made his name here. I was hoping he'd make the hall of fame. Well fast forward to that day, I'm at the same post game party and everyone's like you gotta get his autograph and I'm like no I'm gonna let the dude just live. 

So after 2 hours he's been just standing by himself for a minute texting, I got a pen not even a ***** sharpie to ruin this $120 Jersey properly. I come up to him, because again I just didnt want to bother the guy. He has his gay ass gold jacket on. I go to him, I'm really young to be an andre fan, Rex's first year I'm like 25. I go up to him and I say, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'd really appreciate it if you signed my Jersey. Doesn't look up at me and in hindsight I think it might have been a flip phone still, just stays looking at his phone and says na maybe later bro.

I walk away and Leonard Smith was there, and I'm younger so I don't really remember Leonard Smith. And Leonard just pulls me aside and was like was he an ####### bro? And he probably could tell from my age and just general disposition. I wasn't like crying but it was more anger. Leonard asked me twice like was he an #######? I'm like yea man he was an #######. Leonard talked to me for a minute he's a great guy. Ended up with the signature but the Jersey has remained at the bottom of the dirty clothes since then.

The only consolation I get out of them losing those superbowls is that that ####### lost them all. He's a piece of *****.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a bad place lol, but everything i say is truth. If someone called me and said Leonard Smith needed something I'd be there. He's a great dude.

He's a piece of *****. He's not worth it.

That was my reaction. I was confused.

Should we also support our most decorated RB? Maybe you'd consider Thurman to be it but OJ is up there. At some point I hope Bills fans have perspective, but I fear that it's just not going to happen.

I used to go up to the training camps when they were at fredonia during the Super Bowl era. We used to take a 2 week vacation at Sunset Bay every summer (with my mom’s whole wide of the family. Lots of cousins and aunts/uncles). It happened to coincide with the Bills training camp every year. So my dad/uncle would take all of us up there to watch practices etc.

When you are younger, you think that getting your favorite players autographs is about he coolest thing in the world, so I wanted to get all of the main guys. 

Most were easy to get. Like, Jim and Thurman for ex. would drive a golf cart right out into the middle of a huge crowd of fans and stay to sign autographs. 

Well, the last one I needed was Andre Reed to complete my collection. I hadn’t been able to get his yet, as he usually never came out into the crowd to sign (at least when I was there anyway)

One day, after practice I happen to see Andre Reed sneak out the side door to miss the crowd. So I run over to him with my pad and pen and ask him for an autograph. He did not even acknowledge that I was alive. He just kept quickly walking to his car as I ran along side him begging for an autograph. He just got in his car and left, without ever even as much as making eye contact with me or saying a single word. 

I was the only person around, too. So he could have easily just signed a single autograph for me and been on his way.

That is my lasting memory of Andre Reed.

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

I used to go up to the training camps when they were at fredonia during the Super Bowl era. We used to take a 2 week vacation at Sunset Bay every summer (with my mom’s whole wide of the family. Lots of cousins and aunts/uncles). It happened to coincide with the Bills training camp every year. So my dad/uncle would take all of us up there to watch practices etc.

When you are younger, you think that getting your favorite players autographs is about he coolest thing in the world, so I wanted to get all of the main guys. 

Most were easy to get. Like, Jim and Thurman for ex. would drive a golf cart right out into the middle of a huge crowd of fans and stay to sign autographs. 

Well, the last one I needed was Andre Reed to complete my collection. I hadn’t been able to get his yet, as he usually never came out into the crowd to sign (at least when I was there anyway)

One day, after practice I happen to see Andre Reed sneak out the side door to miss the crowd. So I run over to him with my pad and pen and ask him for an autograph. He did not even acknowledge that I was alive. He just kept quickly walking to his car as I ran along side him begging for an autograph. He just got in his car and left, without ever even as much as making eye contact with me or saying a single word. 

I was the only person around, too. So he could have easily just signed a single autograph for me and been on his way.

About right. If you ever met his mother, you'd understand where that came from.

:lol:

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Eh.  I never asked him for his autograph, but I got drunk with him at my local Bills bar.  It was fun.  He signed some dude's football, then played catch with him spiked the ball over a fence at a construction site.  *Sigh*  But, hey, whatever.  

22 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Eh.  I never asked him for his autograph, but I got drunk with him at my local Bills bar.  It was fun.  He signed some dude's football, then played catch with him spiked the ball over a fence at a construction site.  *Sigh*  But, hey, whatever.  

Oh, I don’t hold a grudge or anything. And I’m not judging him off a single meeting or implying that I think he’s a bad guy or anything like that. 

I was just sharing a story with ODB. 

Im sure plenty of fans have had positive experiences meeting Andre Reed. 

18 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Oh, I don’t hold a grudge or anything. And I’m not judging him off a single meeting or implying that I think he’s a bad guy or anything like that. 

I was just sharing a story with ODB. 

Im sure plenty of fans have had positive experiences meeting Andre Reed. 

I haven’t heard of one. Just sayin’.. I have a pretty extensive Bills memorabilia collection which includes an autographed Reed Rookie Card, but I paid for it from a dealer. He played with a mean determination, which truly enhanced his on field performance. He also sulked a lot.

Some folks just aren’t nice guys..

P.S. Sources in the FO say Old Dirty B will be made available for questions, after the Draft.    maybe....

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Clearly the OP's feelings were very hurt because he got up the courage to approach Andre and Andre summarily disregarded him like it was nothing. That's hurtful. People are saying the OP should understand Andre -- well, Andre should also understand that the fan had to talk himself into approaching and it was a big deal to him, so to be flippant and dismissive does show a coldness and lack of regard. There's nothing wrong with the fan being hurt in this situation. Those of you chastising him are hardened old douchebags who think feelings are bad.

Why are you consistently so sarcastically mean to people? It ticks me off. You are a big contributor to the toxicity of this forum. It seems like you've probably been really hurt in your life and your way of handling that is suppressing feelings and making fun of others who have them.

This

16 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I thought I was lucky enough to meet him. It wasn't planned, it was after Bills vs Pat's week 2 of Rex's first year. I was lucky or unlucky enough to get invited to this post game there. Jim, Thurman, and he was there. So was some lesser known players, I also saw like Eric wood who was a great guy and a couple other players as they were leaving. It was not me approaching the players after the game, it was the people who got me in.

Anyways I used to always rock an andre Jersey because being born in 89 and just naturally liking the wr position. He was the guy. I've got a Kelly, Thurman, tasker Jersey from that time period, but Reed was the one who I bought in 09. A throwback because I was like he's retired he made his name here. I was hoping he'd make the hall of fame. Well fast forward to that day, I'm at the same post game party and everyone's like you gotta get his autograph and I'm like no I'm gonna let the dude just live. 

So after 2 hours he's been just standing by himself for a minute texting, I got a pen not even a ***** sharpie to ruin this $120 Jersey properly. I come up to him, because again I just didnt want to bother the guy. He has his gay ass gold jacket on. I go to him, I'm really young to be an andre fan, Rex's first year I'm like 25. I go up to him and I say, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'd really appreciate it if you signed my Jersey. Doesn't look up at me and in hindsight I think it might have been a flip phone still, just stays looking at his phone and says na maybe later bro.

I walk away and Leonard Smith was there, and I'm younger so I don't really remember Leonard Smith. And Leonard just pulls me aside and was like was he an ####### bro? And he probably could tell from my age and just general disposition. I wasn't like crying but it was more anger. Leonard asked me twice like was he an #######? I'm like yea man he was an #######. Leonard talked to me for a minute he's a great guy. Ended up with the signature but the Jersey has remained at the bottom of the dirty clothes since then.

The only consolation I get out of them losing those superbowls is that that ####### lost them all. He's a piece of *****.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a bad place lol, but everything i say is truth. If someone called me and said Leonard Smith needed something I'd be there. He's a great dude.

He's a piece of *****. He's not worth it.

That was my reaction. I was confused.

Should we also support our most decorated RB? Maybe you'd consider Thurman to be it but OJ is up there. At some point I hope Bills fans have perspective, but I fear that it's just not going to happen.

You were born in '89 and your handle is Ol Dirty B?

Damn I'm old?