Andre Reed on MacGyver April 5th

14 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Andre Reed looks like the slumlord who takes advantage of the youth but thinks he's supporting them only to be killed by a 15 year old running drugs for him.

All because he said "Maybe later, bro." Priceless.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I get that you have legitimate reasons to dislike the guy.

But maybe you should dial it back a bit.

Haha fair point, I listen to the lebatard show which has this dumb looks like game. I only meant it in terms of TV character, as much as I dislike andre Reed I don't think he is anywhere near that. I can see how it came off wrong, I don't like him, but I don't think he is within 100000000% of being that guy.

Bad joke on my end.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Meh I'm kinda at the point where I think you don't actually read posts. 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Haha fair point, I listen to the lebatard show which has this dumb looks like game. I only meant it in terms of TV character, as much as I dislike andre Reed I don't think he is anywhere near that. I can see how it came off wrong, I don't like him, but I don't think he is within 100000000% of being that guy.

Bad joke on my end.

Dumb? It’s like my favorite thing in the world ?

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, StHustle said:

My first thought was "No way MacGyver is still making new episodes" then I saw "Season 3"

Well hey...it made it to a 3rd season so somebody is watching.

I'll support Andre and check it out

I've watched it since it began.  It's pretty good.  George Eads was playing the muscle but he just quit the show.  He had a good p

rapport with Lucas Till, who plays McGyver.  They've tried adding different secondary characters that haven't stuck. Eads is being replaced by an Asian female which I don't think will work, so I don't expect it to last.

Andre was also on an episode of Hawaii-50 a couple years ago.

Clearly the OP's feelings were very hurt because he got up the courage to approach Andre and Andre summarily disregarded him like it was nothing. That's hurtful. People are saying the OP should understand Andre -- well, Andre should also understand that the fan had to talk himself into approaching and it was a big deal to him, so to be flippant and dismissive does show a coldness and lack of regard. There's nothing wrong with the fan being hurt in this situation. Those of you chastising him are hardened old douchebags who think feelings are bad.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Why are you consistently so sarcastically mean to people? It ticks me off. You are a big contributor to the toxicity of this forum. It seems like you've probably been really hurt in your life and your way of handling that is suppressing feelings and making fun of others who have them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Clearly the OP's feelings were very hurt because he got up the courage to approach Andre and Andre summarily disregarded him like it was nothing. That's hurtful. People are saying the OP should understand Andre -- well, Andre should also understand that the fan had to talk himself into approaching and it was a big deal to him, so to be flippant and dismissive does show a coldness and lack of regard. There's nothing wrong with the fan being hurt in this situation. Those of you chastising him are hardened old douchebags who think feelings are bad.

Why are you consistently so sarcastically mean to people? It ticks me off. You are a big contributor to the toxicity of this forum. It seems like you've probably been really hurt in your life and your way of handling that is suppressing feelings and making fun of others who have them.

Lighten up, Dr. Phil.

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think I kind of addressed how I didnt want to bother andre and totally get that. People were pushing me like you gotta get his autograph and he was playing cornhole with his family and I didnt want to interrupt or bother that. I saw him by himself just effing around on his phone and I was just like sorry, that's how I started it, sorry to bother you but I'd really appreciate it if you'd sign my jersey. And he was an ass. 

That's it. I know I'm saying something that is always gonna be blamed on me. I'm not an autograph person either but that one was like I got this stitched jersey, I was gonna frame it and hang it up. But now I want nothing to do with it. 

My half brother loves autographs and I see grown men at training camp nudging kids out the way is disgusting, I tell my half brother the only time I want another man's signature is on a check. Otherwise it isn't worth it. So I get your sentiment in those regards.

But I've been honest and told a story that isn't a 100% pro buffalo so I know what will ensue.

Do you?

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm just gonna leave the thread and you guys can proceed throw daggers at my corpse I left behind lol.

I guess you do.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Has there ever been a bigger self-promoter than Andre Reed?  Jesus Christ.  This guy BEGS to be relevant.

Seriously, Gug...  if someone was willing to pay you to act on a tv show, would you say no?   Sounds like a fun experience for him.

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I thought I was lucky enough to meet him. It wasn't planned, it was after Bills vs Pat's week 2 of Rex's first year. I was lucky or unlucky enough to get invited to this post game there. Jim, Thurman, and he was there. So was some lesser known players, I also saw like Eric wood who was a great guy and a couple other players as they were leaving. It was not me approaching the players after the game, it was the people who got me in.

Anyways I used to always rock an andre Jersey because being born in 89 and just naturally liking the wr position. He was the guy. I've got a Kelly, Thurman, tasker Jersey from that time period, but Reed was the one who I bought in 09. A throwback because I was like he's retired he made his name here. I was hoping he'd make the hall of fame. Well fast forward to that day, I'm at the same post game party and everyone's like you gotta get his autograph and I'm like no I'm gonna let the dude just live. 

So after 2 hours he's been just standing by himself for a minute texting, I got a pen not even a ***** sharpie to ruin this $120 Jersey properly. I come up to him, because again I just didnt want to bother the guy. He has his gay ass gold jacket on. I go to him, I'm really young to be an andre fan, Rex's first year I'm like 25. I go up to him and I say, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'd really appreciate it if you signed my Jersey. Doesn't look up at me and in hindsight I think it might have been a flip phone still, just stays looking at his phone and says na maybe later bro.

I walk away and Leonard Smith was there, and I'm younger so I don't really remember Leonard Smith. And Leonard just pulls me aside and was like was he an ####### bro? And he probably could tell from my age and just general disposition. I wasn't like crying but it was more anger. Leonard asked me twice like was he an #######? I'm like yea man he was an #######. Leonard talked to me for a minute he's a great guy. Ended up with the signature but the Jersey has remained at the bottom of the dirty clothes since then.

The only consolation I get out of them losing those superbowls is that that ####### lost them all. He's a piece of *****.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a bad place lol, but everything i say is truth. If someone called me and said Leonard Smith needed something I'd be there. He's a great dude.

He's a piece of *****. He's not worth it.

That was my reaction. I was confused.

Should we also support our most decorated RB? Maybe you'd consider Thurman to be it but OJ is up there. At some point I hope Bills fans have perspective, but I fear that it's just not going to happen.

None of us are consistently noble, charming and big-hearted.   You might have met Andre on the worst day of his life.   Or his best.   You don’t know.   One interaction- one moment in time - doesn’t define a man.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

You'd think a Bills fan would support the most decorated WR in franchise history. He worked hard to get where he is.

He's a jerk. I know this personally. Know his family too, and I know where his attitude comes from.

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

None of us are consistently noble, charming and big-hearted.   You might have met Andre on the worst day of his life.   Or his best.   You don’t know.   One interaction- one moment in time - doesn’t define a man.

And some people are consistently arrogant and self-centered.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Andre Reed looks like the slumlord who takes advantage of the youth but thinks he's supporting them only to be killed by a 15 year old running drugs for him.

Somebody is butt hurt.

You need to just focus on "Your little job and stop bothering the higherlings"?

Edited by formerlyofCtown

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Am I the only one who didn’t know MacGyver was back on TV? Is it still Richard Dean Anderson? 

OMG no, he's called fat Jack these days. Got real fat after Stargate SG1.

I have seen small bits of the new MacGyver, the original is way better than the reboot.

4 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Do you have some examples of how horrible I am? I feel like I'm pretty fair most of the time.

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He's a jerk. I know this personally. Know his family too, and I know where his attitude comes from.

And some people are consistently arrogant and self-centered.

I don't doubt it at all, but the story of him telling a fan "Maybe later" doesn't seem like some horrible hate crime to me. I am sure there are plenty of stories of him being a big jerk, but the one in this thread seems very, very mild.