Andre Reed on MacGyver April 5th

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Has there ever been a bigger self-promoter than Andre Reed?  Jesus Christ.  This guy BEGS to be relevant.

Is this serious?  I don’t get that impression from him at all.  Certainly not to the extent to elicit this type of reaction for one of our HOFers.

Edited by HurlyBurly51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Has there ever been a bigger self-promoter than Andre Reed?  Jesus Christ.  This guy BEGS to be relevant.

You'd think a Bills fan would support the most decorated WR in franchise history. He worked hard to get where he is.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Am I the only one who didn’t know MacGyver was back on TV? Is it still Richard Dean Anderson? 

My first thought was "No way MacGyver is still making new episodes" then I saw "Season 3"

Well hey...it made it to a 3rd season so somebody is watching.

I'll support Andre and check it out

Edited by StHustle

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I thought I was lucky enough to meet him. It wasn't planned, it was after Bills vs Pat's week 2 of Rex's first year. I was lucky or unlucky enough to get invited to this post game there. Jim, Thurman, and he was there. So was some lesser known players, I also saw like Eric wood who was a great guy and a couple other players as they were leaving. It was not me approaching the players after the game, it was the people who got me in.

Anyways I used to always rock an andre Jersey because being born in 89 and just naturally liking the wr position. He was the guy. I've got a Kelly, Thurman, tasker Jersey from that time period, but Reed was the one who I bought in 09. A throwback because I was like he's retired he made his name here. I was hoping he'd make the hall of fame. Well fast forward to that day, I'm at the same post game party and everyone's like you gotta get his autograph and I'm like no I'm gonna let the dude just live. 

So after 2 hours he's been just standing by himself for a minute texting, I got a pen not even a ***** sharpie to ruin this $120 Jersey properly. I come up to him, because again I just didnt want to bother the guy. He has his gay ass gold jacket on. I go to him, I'm really young to be an andre fan, Rex's first year I'm like 25. I go up to him and I say, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'd really appreciate it if you signed my Jersey. Doesn't look up at me and in hindsight I think it might have been a flip phone still, just stays looking at his phone and says na maybe later bro.

I walk away and Leonard Smith was there, and I'm younger so I don't really remember Leonard Smith. And Leonard just pulls me aside and was like was he an ####### bro? And he probably could tell from my age and just general disposition. I wasn't like crying but it was more anger. Leonard asked me twice like was he an #######? I'm like yea man he was an #######. Leonard talked to me for a minute he's a great guy. Ended up with the signature but the Jersey has remained at the bottom of the dirty clothes since then.

The only consolation I get out of them losing those superbowls is that that ####### lost them all. He's a piece of *****.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a bad place lol, but everything i say is truth. If someone called me and said Leonard Smith needed something I'd be there. He's a great dude.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

You'd think a Bills fan would support the most decorated WR in franchise history. He worked hard to get where he is.

He's a piece of *****. He's not worth it.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

There is a new Macgyver show??? And it’s on season three ?  ?‍♂️ 

That was my reaction. I was confused.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Should we also support our most decorated RB? Maybe you'd consider Thurman to be it but OJ is up there. At some point I hope Bills fans have perspective, but I fear that it's just not going to happen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I thought I was lucky enough to meet him. It wasn't planned, it was after Bills vs Pat's week 2 of Rex's first year. I was lucky or unlucky enough to get invited to this post game there. Jim, Thurman, and he was there. So was some lesser known players, I also saw like Eric wood who was a great guy and a couple other players as they were leaving. It was not me approaching the players after the game, it was the people who got me in.

Anyways I used to always rock an andre Jersey because being born in 89 and just naturally liking the wr position. He was the guy. I've got a Kelly, Thurman, tasker Jersey from that time period, but Reed was the one who I bought in 09. A throwback because I was like he's retired he made his name here. I was hoping he'd make the hall of fame. Well fast forward to that day, I'm at the same post game party and everyone's like you gotta get his autograph and I'm like no I'm gonna let the dude just live. 

So after 2 hours he's been just standing by himself for a minute texting, I got a pen not even a ***** sharpie to ruin this $120 Jersey properly. I come up to him, because again I just didnt want to bother the guy. He has his gay ass gold jacket on. I go to him, I'm really young to be an andre fan, Rex's first year I'm like 25. I go up to him and I say, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'd really appreciate it if you signed my Jersey. Doesn't look up at me and in hindsight I think it might have been a flip phone still, just stays looking at his phone and says na maybe later bro.

I walk away and Leonard Smith was there, and I'm younger so I don't really remember Leonard Smith. And Leonard just pulls me aside and was like was he an ####### bro? And he probably could tell from my age and just general disposition. I wasn't like crying but it was more anger. Leonard asked me twice like was he an #######? I'm like yea man he was an #######. Leonard talked to me for a minute he's a great guy. Ended up with the signature but the Jersey has remained at the bottom of the dirty clothes since then.

The only consolation I get out of them losing those superbowls is that that ####### lost them all. He's a piece of *****.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a bad place lol, but everything i say is truth. If someone called me and said Leonard Smith needed something I'd be there. He's a great dude.

Holy cow. You're the biggest baby I've ever heard of. You are bent out of shape because he said "Nah, maybe later?" THAT'S what has you ranting on message boards about him?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Holy cow. You're the biggest baby I've ever heard of. You are bent out of shape because he said "Nah, maybe later?" THAT'S what has you ranting on message boards about him?

Yea. That's it. I mean I could tell you stories about Jim Kelly being an ####### too. I've actually met these people. I also complimented two guys in that story. I've also met Bruce, Ruben Brown, John Holceck, Stevie Johnson, Fred, Moulds. I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of guys and most have been great. I've never had interactions like I did with Jim and I've never had someone like Leonard Smith call him out for being a dick to me.

But yea you're probably right. Lol his own teammate went at him for me. But please continue. Clown.

Edit- Fina also had a rep but was nice when I met him. Feel inclined to mention all the great guys I met because, don't insult the great andre Reed of the buffalo Bills on a show that shouldn't exist. It was just like nah maybe later. I don't know I'm wasting my time with this.

Andre's a douche. I've met him you watch him on an awful TV show. Enjoy life.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I think ppl need to realize that these guys are constantly bothered when at events like this.  When I was younger I cared about autographs and jerseys but as I got older I realized how silly it is.  Why would a grown man want to wear another grown man's name on his back?  It just doesn't make sense to me.  

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea. That's it. I mean I could tell you stories about Jim Kelly being an ####### too. I've actually met these people. I also complimented two guys in that story. I've also met Bruce, Ruben Brown, John Holceck, Stevie Johnson, Fred, Moulds. I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of guys and most have been great. I've never had interactions like I did with Jim and I've never had someone like Leonard Smith call him out for being a dick to me.

But yea you're probably right. Lol his own teammate went at him for me. But please continue. Clown.

My grandpa met Kelly and got an autograph for me and said he was an awesome guy.  There's a time and a place and everyone has their days.  Just need to get over it man.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I get that you have legitimate reasons to dislike the guy.

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Andre Reed looks like the slumlord who takes advantage of the youth but thinks he's supporting them only to be killed by a 15 year old running drugs for him.

But maybe you should dial it back a bit.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Look I feel you for being disappointed and Reed may truly be an asshat. However not in this situation ...you are passing full judgment on him based on ONE moment. These people are human. Who knows if he just got some bad news or was pissed by something.  Not like you were some child asking him to sign something. You were 25 and a grown ass man approaching another man asking for a favor. He owes you nothing. He was busy texting and said maybe later. He probably ventured of for a moment by himself for a reason.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Grow thicker skin. These player's lives are dictated by fans 24/7. The minute they think they have a moment alone they are invariably approached by fans. Think of it from their perspective for once. Yeah, they made a bunch of money and got fame and glory, but they also completely gave up the ability to walk down the street like normal or go to a restaurant and have a quiet meal. Constant invasion of privacy. Constant appeals for autographs.

So yeah, it would get old. And yeah, there would be moments where you wouldn't want to deal with it and would rather just postpone it for later. Some guys are awesome and gracious all the time, and that's great, but some guys are a little more normal and don't want it all the time.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

I think ppl need to realize that these guys are constantly bothered when at events like this.  When I was younger I cared about autographs and jerseys but as I got older I realized how silly it is.  Why would a grown man want to wear another grown man's name on his back?  It just doesn't make sense to me.  

My grandpa met Kelly and got an autograph for me and said he was an awesome guy.  There's a time and a place and everyone has their days.  Just need to get over it man.  

I think I kind of addressed how I didnt want to bother andre and totally get that. People were pushing me like you gotta get his autograph and he was playing cornhole with his family and I didnt want to interrupt or bother that. I saw him by himself just effing around on his phone and I was just like sorry, that's how I started it, sorry to bother you but I'd really appreciate it if you'd sign my jersey. And he was an ass. 

That's it. I know I'm saying something that is always gonna be blamed on me. I'm not an autograph person either but that one was like I got this stitched jersey, I was gonna frame it and hang it up. But now I want nothing to do with it. 

My half brother loves autographs and I see grown men at training camp nudging kids out the way is disgusting, I tell my half brother the only time I want another man's signature is on a check. Otherwise it isn't worth it. So I get your sentiment in those regards.

But I've been honest and told a story that isn't a 100% pro buffalo so I know what will ensue.

• Thank you (+1) 1