Thinking ahead Trey White

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Sorry I read it as your proposal wanted to do so now.   

We have next year, plus the first round/fifth year option. Then Franchise if needed, but it’s all moot.....because an 8 year deal is wacky. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

We have next year, plus the first round/fifth year option. Then Franchise if needed, but it’s all moot.....because an 8 year deal is wacky. 

Right but at a 35% discount on the annual rate, I’m near positive he’d be all about really tying himself up for what amounts to his 2 biggest contracts rolled into one bargain basement deal. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Right but at a 35% discount on the annual rate, I’m near positive he’d be all about really tying himself up for what amounts to his 2 biggest contracts rolled into one bargain basement deal. 

....and then, there’s that.   

As I said, it was hard to know where to start. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he should keep drinking. Robert Foster about to get a John Calipari contract and a share of the team. 

Hey! I’ll keep drinking for the right deal! I’ll drink right through till sunup for 50% of a Calipari deal! You and several other designated fall guys might spend a little time in prison, but you’ll get a nice fruit basket when you get out. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

He'll pry want between 15 and 17 million a year if you choose to extend him now as he'll want top CB money..  Eight years is way too long of a contract so I'd go with 5 years, 75 million (45 guaranteed) or something along those lines.  

If he continues to be a top CB , he'll be getting $20+ per season if he waits out the rest of his rookie deal.

1 hour ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

White is the first top player coming up for a new deal under this regime. I was thinking it might be a smart idea to sign him to a long term deal and front load it because of all the money we will have available next year.  Would he sign a 8 year $90M deal with $30M in year 1? Then its basically a 7 year deal for $60M. I think it's a win win For everyone. If he holds out for Free agency he would def get more $$$ if he stays healthy, but this makes him a rich man and would be hard to turn down. And the Bill's would have a Top player at huge bargain year 2-8. Hell give him the most Guaranteed $$ a CB has ever gotten we can afford it. White wants to be great, i dont think we would have to worry he gets lazy like Daurius after he gets paid. And it's a good look to all the young players on the team. Play well and get paid.  Love this team and how Beanie is running things. So many possibilities with how our cap is being managed. Yes iv been drinking 

Never happen