Thinking ahead Trey White

White is the first top player coming up for a new deal under this regime. I was thinking it might be a smart idea to sign him to a long term deal and front load it because of all the money we will have available next year.  Would he sign a 8 year $90M deal with $30M in year 1? Then its basically a 7 year deal for $60M. I think it's a win win For everyone. If he holds out for Free agency he would def get more $$$ if he stays healthy, but this makes him a rich man and would be hard to turn down. And the Bill's would have a Top player at huge bargain year 2-8. Hell give him the most Guaranteed $$ a CB has ever gotten we can afford it. White wants to be great, i dont think we would have to worry he gets lazy like Daurius after he gets paid. And it's a good look to all the young players on the team. Play well and get paid.  Love this team and how Beanie is running things. So many possibilities with how our cap is being managed. Yes iv been drinking 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We would sign him 2 years b4 he comes up for FA. So the 8 year deal would be like a 5 year deal for normal Free agents. And with how I made the contract the Bill's could cut him With little penalty against the cap after 5 years

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

He'll pry want between 15 and 17 million a year if you choose to extend him now as he'll want top CB money..  Eight years is way too long of a contract so I'd go with 5 years, 75 million (45 guaranteed) or something along those lines.  

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He'll pry want between 15 and 17 million a year if you choose to extend him now as he'll want top CB money..  Eight years is way too long of a contract so I'd go with 5 years, 75 million (45 guaranteed) or something along those lines.  

That's what he would easily get if he were a true FA. But the Bill's get a deal for making him Rich 2 years early.  All they care about is Guaranteed money. And 50M Guaranteed would be hard to turn down if he had 2 years b4 he hit free agency. 

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

5 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Is it Horrible for White or the Bill's? and it definitely possible. Their are No rules on how contracts are structured. 

For the Bills. You don't sign a guy to an 8 year contract, with tons of guaranteed money in football. It's just not how the business is structured. I want them to sign him, but your reasoning and term just make absolutely no sense.

It's like saying just eff it, pay him whatever, we have cap room. The precedent it could possibly set within the organization could be disastrous. I really don't see where you'd be inclined to think this is a good idea anywhere in that you are grossly over paying year 1, to be years 2-8 to be manageable but still a lot guaranteed. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Is it Horrible for White or the Bill's? and it definitely possible. Their are No rules on how contracts are structured. 

Maybe get a good night’s sleep and check back tomorrow? 

21 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

White is the first top player coming up for a new deal under this regime. I was thinking it might be a smart idea to sign him to a long term deal and front load it because of all the money we will have available next year.  Would he sign a 8 year $90M deal with $30M in year 1? Then its basically a 7 year deal for $60M. I think it's a win win For everyone. If he holds out for Free agency he would def get more $$$ if he stays healthy, but this makes him a rich man and would be hard to turn down. And the Bill's would have a Top player at huge bargain year 2-8. Hell give him the most Guaranteed $$ a CB has ever gotten we can afford it. White wants to be great, i dont think we would have to worry he gets lazy like Daurius after he gets paid. And it's a good look to all the young players on the team. Play well and get paid.  Love this team and how Beanie is running things. So many possibilities with how our cap is being managed. Yes iv been drinking 

The problem with front loading contracts is that players have a short memory. It appears to them like they are playing for peanuts and forget all about the signing bonus. Julio, Antonio, Leveon etc. are all examples of that. 

That said I do like the idea of signing him long term if we get a discount and if we don't pay a bunch early on.

• Like (+1) 1