Will the Bills move up for Quinnen Williams?

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I project both to penetrating 3Tech.  Which is needed on this team probably more so than an edge. 

True and why Stats are only part of it when I look at players. 

I have Both Williams and Oliver graded pretty closely. Both projecting as Impact 3 Tech DTs. Just don’t see a big separation between the two in traits or play that justify a trade up for one over the other. 

Agreed, I wasn't arguing for one over the other, just pointing out that using stats to justify things isn't going to work in this case. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I project both to penetrating 3Tech.  Which is needed on this team probably more so than an edge. 

I have Both Williams and Oliver graded pretty closely. Both projecting as Impact 3 Tech DTs. Just don’t see a big separation between the two in traits or play that justify a trade up for one over the other. 

Do you see a big drop off from these two to Tillery?

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Whaley did it in 2014 when WR was the position of strength in that draft.

How did that work out?

I don't think Beane will make the same mistake, but what do I know.

.....seriously?......some moves up work and others don't....likewise some moves down work (including the extra pick) and others don't (including the extra pick).....what the hell does Whaley or Sammy have to do with ANYTHING in 2019?...Jesus.........still grinding THAT ax................

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I would love to see the Bills get Williams whether he drops to them or they move up. I really don’t think Ed Oliver is going to great. He is a great athlete but that only gets you great stats in college. Once he gets to the NFL I think he will be an average rotational player. Quinnen Williams is a beast bills need to find a way

So, stats is what we base players off of?

I think if, somehow, Williams, Bosa, or Allen are there at 5, they might try to trade with up. I do think 2 makes some sense as well, but might be too costly.  I don't think the Raiders will trade down, as they already have 3 first rounders. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Williams 24 games 26 TFL 10 Sacks. Or 1.5 plays per game  behind LOS 

Oliver 32 games 53 TFL 13.5 Sacks or 2.07 plays per game behind LOS 

so how is One a Beast and the Other a AVG Rotational Player???

I am not the one who made this claim but let us not forget the competition, shall we? ;)

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

i think you have to consider intelligence here. and can you move them around per down and distance. are they each 3 down players potentially.
I am sure there are tiebreakers for scouts that do not show in statistics.
The word " impact" is the key here.
and what you daft in the first 15 picks or better. 

ty for insight MAJ

thanks all

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am just talking about the overall team success with Watkins around., when we knew the team had bigger needs in 2014 than WR.

Everyone knew it was a reach at the time when Whaley did.

Everyone thought at the time the team was trading up for hometown boy Mack.

I actually thought WR was a huge need. LB was not. I don’t remember anyone thinking the trade up was for Mack. Maybe in hindsight some wish it was. Maybe some wished it was at the time, too. But trading a 1st and 4th to move up 5 spots for a LB from UB when they didn’t even need one at the time but did need a WR1 would have been laughed at by many, at the time. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....seriously?......some moves up work and others don't....likewise some moves down work (including the extra pick) and others don't (including the extra pick).....what the hell does Whaley or Sammy have to do with ANYTHING in 2019?...Jesus.........still grinding THAT ax................

To be fair, Bills Fans have numerous axes to grind if you will. 

We were injured wrt the Watkins trade. We gave away the store for a receiver and didn't have a quarterback. So much for trading up.

We also walked right past Mahomes, traded down,  and wound up with a first round corner. That was pretty stupid, no?

My point is that Bills Fans (the greatest fans in the NFL by far imo) are still recovering from untold stupid mistakes. Not every fan is capable of being an ever present cheerleader in spite of all of the stupid mistakes. We all cope in different ways.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

JMO but there are 2 sure fire immediate impact players at the top of the draft: Bosa and Williams. If you are within striking distance of either you jump. Allen is a great prospect but won't find his stride at the next level right away, probably not for a couple of years. I think Bosa is the second player off the board and I'd rather have the DT anyway based on need/fit. Williams projects as all pro 3 tech and would turbo charge this D into top 5.

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

We were injured wrt the Watkins trade. We gave away the store for a receiver and didn't have a quarterback. So much for trading up.

We also walked right past Mahomes, traded down,  and wound up with a first round corner. That was pretty stupid, no?

My point is that Bills Fans (the greatest fans in the NFL by far imo) are still recovering from untold stupid mistakes. Not every fan is capable of being an ever present cheerleader in spite of all of the stupid mistakes. We all cope in different ways.

.not a fair assessment or indictment of OBD as far as Mahomes IMO...PLENTY of urinalists and posting pundits who advocated steering clear of the leper like Air Raid product...to paraphrase quote, "no way...no Air Raid QB EVER makes it in the NFL" for starters.....so in year 2, he has a helluva season and proves naysayers wrong so far....how about the premature accolades of RG II 5/8 or Kaep?....RG was "ME" in the winner pressers and "THEM" in the losses...real team guy......didn't Jaws proclaim Kaep as potentially in the "ten best of all time"?....and??...Mahomes ax is non sequitor IMO........

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

abundant alliteration application

rusky dusky neon dust

well done Le GOAT

25 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Whaley finding wrs For Tyrod was kinda hilarious.
Not picking Mahomes is an easy explain Beane was going to pick the future state QB

not Whaley nor McD. and they surely saw a QB in the next draft

and White is one of my favorite players.

A Franchise player at that.

maybe i am that idiot cheerleader practicing in the rain all alone. But i don't mind. 

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

maybe i am that idiot cheerleader practicing in the rain all alone. But i don't mind. 

Go Bills.

Not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said, we all cope in different ways.

Go Bills indeed. Lets hope for a sane, productive draft! :)

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.not a fair assessment or indictment of OBD as far as Mahomes IMO...PLENTY of urinalists and posting pundits who advocated steering clear of the leper like Air Raid product...to paraphrase quote, "no way...no Air Raid QB EVER makes it in the NFL" for starters.....so in year 2, he has a helluva season and proves naysayers wrong so far....how about the premature accolades of RG II 5/8 or Kaep?....RG was "ME" in the winner pressers and "THEM" in the losses...real team guy......didn't Jaws proclaim Kaep as potentially in the "ten best of all time"?....and??...Mahomes ax is non sequitor IMO........

I don't really care what journalists say. The Bills pay millions of dollars to professional football people to build a team that we fans can watch win football games. I am tired of excusing decades of idiocy.

That said, I was behind the Josh Allen selection from day 1. Lets hope that we will draft some protection and weapons for him so he can develop, excel, and win football games.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MacGyver said:

No moving up please.

Obviously anything can happen, Beaner moved up twice last year in the first, but I agree it really seems silly to do unless you're freaked on a player.

A move up would cost us at least a 2nd, or a next year's first.  Either way, we're in a good spot at 9.  There will be sick talent there.

• Like (+1) 1