The First Game of the year

I’m all for the patriots for several reasons.

1: Their September record is worse than any other month, while I’m willing to bet ours is probably better than any other month (seems like we start hot a lot).

2: Regardless, even if the pats start slow, it’s still a good test.

3: If we are gonna lose to them, I’d rather it be in September than sitting at 8-5 with 2 Pats games remaining.

• Like (+1) 2

which team would be the better of the two? cowgirls or eagles?

I'll go with the eagles, wittens return doesn't scare me and well, I think this will be garretts last season and it wont be a good one. hey, that's just how I feel.

eagles @ home and I'm thinking it will be a win out the gate and set the tone for the 2019 season!

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry to contradict the OP but Buffalo's opponents are as follows:

Away - Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Cleveland, Dallas, Tennessee, AFCE

Home - Baltimore, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Washington, Denver, AFCE

Replace the Cowboys on the list of home games with the Denver Broncos, and it will be right.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

Which of these game would you like the schedule makers to assign the Bills week 1? And why?

Bills Away games: Titans, Cowboys, Browns, Steelers, Giants, AFCE

Bills Home games: Cowboys, Ravens, Eagles, Bengals, Skins, AFCE

I would like Dolphins at home and take the W. Only worry is early season Fitzmagic.

We need a momentum booster right from the start.  Give us the Skins in Week 1.  On paper, this one should be an easier win, Josh Allen and the revamped offense need this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, elijah said:

When did the Cowboys join the AFC East 

Fixed

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

If we're weak, this matters.  Otherwise, who cares.  Let's be good, tough, and strong and it won't matter.  In that sense, why not New England?

Well early season maybe our many new players are still gelling?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here is what I can narrow it down to for week 1 knowing the Bills' opponents.

RULE OUT

1) It will definitely not be at home against the Patriots. They have already been given a SNF game at home.

2) Knowing the opponent in NE should be a very high ratings team on SNF, it probably won't be at NE either. 

3) Eagles will probably be home since Phillies are on the road - thus no home game vs PHI

4) Probably not at PIT - Pirates have a home game 9/8

5) Probably not DEN at home, because with the Rockies on the road, DEN may play at home. 

GOOD POSSIBILITIES

1) Home vs WSH, BAL, MIA or CIN is a decent possibility since the Nationals, Orioles, and Reds have home games on Sunday, Sept. 8 and have stadiums close by. The Marlins also have a home game in Miami, even though it's not near Hard Rock Stadium, so baseball probably is less of a factor for the Dolphins' schedule. 

2) At CLE or DAL - The Indians and Rangers are on the road

Although the NFL has 'double booked' a home game at the same time as that city's baseball game before, it really depends on the logistical infrastructure such as the Orioles and Ravens being a parking lot away, same with Eagles and Phillies. 

COULD BE EITHER WAY

1) Playing the Jets in either location or the Giants in the Meadowlands are always possible

2) at TEN

Does anyone know of any stadium concert tours nationwide that can affect the week 1 schedule? 

My ideal schedule would have us hosting Miami week 1 (I want to see Kiko get his 2 sizes too small jersey wearing butt kicked, the little punk) for the adrenaline pumping victory to start the season. Then, at New England, to hopefully catch the Paytoilets before they start rolling.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we will have a heavy slate of AFCE early this year. The past two it has come middle and late. I can see opening at Miami... then home to Patriots and Jets weeks 2 and 3. 

Season ending at New England. 

Start the season off with 3 straight divisional games?

no way, I don’t see that happening

ill say bills at titans week one

17 minutes ago, nickrage said:

Start the season off with 3 straight divisional games?

no way, I don’t see that happening

ill say bills at titans week one

Would you have seen playing 5 of our 6 divisional games in the final 7 weeks last year? We have had some wacky schedules just recently with our divisional games stacked at the end. I can see them stacking some upfront this year.

10 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I don't really care who it is, but my guess is the Jets.  

Some national interest, good game to start the year for broadcast numbers, rivalry, young QBs, etc.

my guess too. would be nice to get one on them before greggo gets the pass rush up to speed.

Interesting in that yesterday they came out with the comment that the Bills are only expected to win 6 games, but looking at that schedule, unless some team comes out of the gate and really surprises, can see them either being the favorite or a slight underdog in 8 games.  Another four they may be a 4 to 5 point dog which likely will win 1 or 2 of them admittedly they likely won't win all 8 where they are favorites either.  The only games where I see them being a more prohibitive underdog are the two NE games, the Eagles, and maybe they Cowgirls.

9-7 doesn't seem that hard with this schedule, but there's always a couple of surprise teams every year, and who knows this year the surprise may be in Buffalo!

• Thank you (+1) 1