The Twilight Zone

TSNBDSC

Remember them all from college back in the 70's. The dorm hallways filled with the smell of pot at 9:30 followed by a mass move to the TV lounge at 9:55. Jack Klugman's trumpet episode was my favorite of those listed.

At first it felt great that every single episode was there on-demand on your cable or internet packaging...

then the realization that the vast majority of the episodes were going nowhere, or were those unwatchable one-hour single camera live plays or 22 minutes just to get to the punchline that everyone saw from the first minute....

In the mid-80s, I went to graduate school in Binghamton, which is where Rod Serling grew up. While I was there, the city hosted a Rod Serling festival. One of the speakers was Helen Foley, Serling's high-school English teacher. She's the one who recognized his talent and encouraged him to become a writer.

Two TZ characters - both teachers - were named Helen Foley in her honor: one in the series and another in the movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_as_a_Child

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone:_The_Movie

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Next stop Willoughby

There's a suburb of Cleveland named Willoughby. Every time I pass its exit when I'm driving though I think of that episode.

Just now, WhoTom said:

There's a suburb of Cleveland named Willoughby. Every time I pass its exit when I'm driving though I think of that episode.

there's a part of Norfolk called Willoughy Spit.  Whenever I drive thru I can almost hear the conductor :lol:

The Sci Fi channel has been running these at various times, often in large chunks.

I have been recording them on the DVR when I find them, and probably have 20 or so saved up for viewing.

I know the Jack Klugman trumpet episode is one of them, so I will look forward to that.

I have also noticed some are 1/2 hour, some 1 hour.  I guess they changed the length of the show at some point?

The episodes can really be hit or miss.   Some are really well done and kind of creepy.  Others are almost tongue in cheek silly.  Others tried to be good but missed.

The best shows are really good though.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

The Sci Fi channel has been running these at various times, often in large chunks.

I have been recording them on the DVR when I find them, and probably have 20 or so saved up for viewing.

I know the Jack Klugman trumpet episode is one of them, so I will look forward to that.

I have also noticed some are 1/2 hour, some 1 hour.  I guess they changed the length of the show at some point?

The episodes can really be hit or miss.   Some are really well done and kind of creepy.  Others are almost tongue in cheek silly.  Others tried to be good but missed.

The best shows are really good though.

I recall the 4th season was one hour shows, the others were half hour. The use of videotape for earlier episodes looks a lot worse than film.

Edited by row_33