NFL Still Has Some Grounded Players in The League !

There are some players that we as Bills fans consider to be Bills type players, guys that just have the air of being team first players & have a blue collar mentality that most any team would be happy to have such a guy on their team . Kyle Williams was one of those guys !! 

Sure he could have left a long time ago to play for another team & probably held out during his time with the Bills for more money but he never did either through the good times & all the bad that he endured he was a team first guy & a one team guy which in todays NFL is VERY hard to find especially given the happenings the past few years.

There are a few players that are the typical poster children of todays NFL those being the AB's, Bells, Sherman's & OBJ's of the league there guys that always have the biggest mouths & want the most attention weather it be on game day while the camera is watching on or off the field or in the media with certain statements that show that their ego's are well for lack of a good term very large !

Then there are the few that are of a different era the guys that just show up do their job to the best of their god given abilities & set a great example for other players & the youth that might one day want to have a good example to look up to & to set their personal goals to be like the Bills got one of those guys this year in Frank Gore ! The guy just does his thing & is a team guy no matter where he goes & just is a good person all around & as a few of us here would call a Bills type player !!

There is another guy that is of the same mold which some other players today should watch & take a page from his book, i wish there were still more of these guys in the league the way it use to be but alas it is a different time in which we live the times they are a changing but these are the guys that keep me watching . 

Julio Jones is the player that started me thinking about this post & his recent statements in a article i will add the link to so you might more so understand where this came from & for one i wouldn't mind if he was a Bill which there has been some posts that have suggested that Beane should go after him. If he did i for one before & after reading the article would be very happy to have on the Bills !!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/01/julio-jones-i-dont-care-about-being-highest-paid-wideout/

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, T master said:

There are some players that we as Bills fans consider to be Bills type players.

I am not discounting your premise that hard working players are admirable, but I will say that "Bills" type players have not lead to a great deal of success for roughly 25 years.

Elite players win games. You alluded to Kyle Williams who was a GREAT PLAYER. I think that gets lost in the lunch pail narrative. We need more talent whether they be gritty or super athletic.

I'm in the minority, but I appreciate the fact that Beane was willing to roll the dice on Antonio Brown.

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I am not discounting your premise that hard working players are admirable, but I will say that "Bills" type players have not lead to a great deal of success for roughly 25 years.

Elite players win games. You alluded to Kyle Williams who was a GREAT PLAYER. I think that gets lost in the lunch pail narrative. We need more talent whether they be gritty or super athletic.

I'm in the minority, but I appreciate the fact that Beane was willing to roll the dice on Antonio Brown.

Based on your comments here, you must also hate the way he gave some of our best talent in the name of "culture" or whatever nonsense they preach over at OBD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Based on your comments here, you must also hate the way he gave some of our best talent in the name of "culture" or whatever nonsense they preach over at OBD.

Absolutely hate it, but I'm willing to give them a chance to do their thing. McDermott has gotten the most out of really bad rosters 2 years in a row. I believe he's a solid coach if given adequate talent. Whether he's good enough to take that next step remains to be seen. I am of the opinion that this is a show me year. I see teams building success very quickly all over the league. I see no reason why this shouldn't be the season we see some serious results. I want the Bills to be GREAT. We should all expect more.