Whistleblower Says Security Clearances Process Corrupted

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

But didn't Hillary's email server exposure already give away all of the nation's secrets anyway?  I mean, after that happened do we really even need security clearances for anyone? 

Seriously, if Hillary possibly exposing her emails to prying eyes upset you, shouldn't this issue too?  In fact it seems much more has possibly been jeopardized.  Who y'all think we ought to lock up for this?

It just goes to show how unserious the Republican Party is about anything. A serious national security concern like this? Their reaction from top to bottom is: Whatever

51 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Overriding a denial for a security clearance doesn't sound to me like it's a violation in & of itself, where using a private email server for sending & receiving sensitive or classified information is actually illegal. I see a big difference between the two.

So, we should ignore the whistle blower and overall you are okay with this clearance process or is it an issue to you?

You can defend the practice of ignoring the advice of the security professionals I suppose.  I didn't really think it violated the law, in spite of my smart remark about locking someone up.  The point is if you were yelling to lock up Hillary for what she possibly exposed, this should bother you.  I think objectivity may have escaped some here.

Now Trump is really going down!!!

This is the bombshell that will destroy him!!!!

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

So, we should ignore the whistle blower and overall you are okay with this clearance process or is it an issue to you?

You can defend the practice of ignoring the advice of the security professionals I suppose.  I didn't really think it violated the law, in spite of my smart remark about locking someone up.  The point is if you were yelling to lock up Hillary for what she possibly exposed, this should bother you.  I think objectivity may have escaped some here.

Stop being a f'n hypocrite 

2 minutes ago, westside said:

Now Trump is really going down!!!

This is the bombshell that will destroy him!!!!

Stop being a f'n hypocrite 

2020 will destroy him. Just how much damage this corrupt POS will do to our country is the question. You people just hate America 

Just now, Tiberius said:

2020 will destroy him. Just how much damage this corrupt POS will do to our country is the question. You people just hate America 

Lol

Whatever. Hypocrite 

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Hey, Wetside, what's going on?  Please tell me what I said that was hypocritical?

I don't remember you calling for HC to be arrested when she used her private email account.  

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You attempted to make a point by manufacturing faux outrage about criminality while acknowledging the lack thereof one post later...and everyone else lacks objectivity? 

Bob...Bobby...Bobby Da Mich...Bobbaloo... come on. Be serious. 

2 minutes ago, westside said:

Lol

Whatever. Hypocrite 

I don't remember you calling for HC to be arrested when she used her private email account.  

No, I don't recall being involved in that discussion either.  But, if you want to know, after hearing the entire story at the time I never felt she should be locked up.

So, weren't you calling for Hillary to be locked up for that issue?  It is tough to keep y'all straight.  You ridiculous partisans here all blur together to me.  So, if you were calling to lock her up, how do you feel about the whistle blower and the 25 or so overridden recommendations?

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

No, I don't recall being involved in that discussion either.  But, if you want to know, after hearing the entire story at the time I never felt she should be locked up.

So, weren't you calling for Hillary to be locked up for that issue?  It is tough to keep y'all straight.  You ridiculous partisans here all blur together to me.  So, if you were calling to lock her up, how do you feel about the whistle blower and the 25 or so overridden recommendations?

Good stuff, eh?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You attempted to make a point by manufacturing faux outrage about criminality while acknowledging the lack thereof one post later...and everyone else lacks objectivity? 

Bob...Bobby...Bobby Da Mich...Bobbaloo... come on. Be serious. 

Len,  Lenny,  Skinny Lenster.... lol.  I made an attempt at humor with the lock em up line.  It appears to have missed.  Try not to fixate on the strict legality for a moment.  I am aware that the President can technically clear anyone he wants. 

The outrage was really about the exposure of national secrets to individuals that the professionals decided against clearing.  That seems to me to have possibly exposed us significantly.  The question was, why do so many seem to have no issue with this exposure when the Hillary misdeed was made out to be so monumental?

Oversight Committee held the hearing on security clearances at 8:30am on Saturday without informing Republicans on the committee until late Friday but didn't tell them what it was about. John Bolton, Jerod & Ivanka Kushner and Michael Flynn were included on the list of people turned down.

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oversight Committee held the hearing on security clearances at 8:30am on Saturday without informing Republicans on the committee until late Friday but didn't tell them what it was about. John Bolton, Jerod & Ivanka Kushner and Michael Flynn were included on the list of people turned down.

quite the oversight indeed

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Bob, I didn't say anything about ignoring the whistle blower, and I never defended the practice of ignoring advice from anybody. I simply do not believe you're making a sensible comparison.

Why not wait and see how all this pans out before we jump to any conclusions? If the Trump administration has done anything illegal in overturning the security clearance denials, don't you believe that will come out?

Edited by Azalin