Small school big talent RB

Hills is a good size RB with a good burst and great vision and plays with enthusiasm. He had a huge game against Cal back in October but I didn’t want to just highlight 1 big game but rather try and show a bigger body of work. He’s a bit older, going to be 24 by the beginning of the season but that’s nothing for our backfield. 

43 minutes ago, CSBill said:

details? profile? stats?

I've seen 6-1 205 to 6-2 225

Suffered a few injuries and not known for his academic prowess. Good vision and strong finisher. Always tough to evaluate small school players because analysts will always bring up the level of competition. 

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Hills is a good size RB with a good burst and great vision and plays with enthusiasm. He had a huge game against Cal back in October but I didn’t want to just highlight 1 big game but rather try and show a bigger body of work. He’s a bit older, going to be 24 by the beginning of the season but that’s nothing for our backfield. 

OP might be confused here.  Wes Hills last played for Delaware in 2016 and only put up 1800 yrs over 4 years on campus with best year of 900 plus yards.  Injured often.

Then he transferred to D2 Slippery Rock after sitting out 2017.  Did put up 1784 yards in 2018 against teams like Gannon, Clarion and other PA based D2 schools. And his big 4 touchdown 248 yd game was against California University of PA.  

Maybe this is an April Fools post ??

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

And his big 4 touchdown 248 yd game was against California University of PA.  

Maybe this is an April Fools post ??

No, sorry about that, it was late when I posted and didn’t read it all the way through.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I've seen 6-1 205 to 6-2 225

Suffered a few injuries and not known for his academic prowess. Good vision and strong finisher. Always tough to evaluate small school players because analysts will always bring up the level of competition. 

I remember Marv Levy saying that they would go after small school prospects, as long as they, dominated at that level.  Fred Jackson comes to mind.

35 minutes ago, mabden said:

I remember Marv Levy saying that they would go after small school prospects, as long as they, dominated at that level.  Fred Jackson comes to mind.

Hey this regime may like a 24 year old rookie to keep their average RB age over 30 ?

http://www.draftanalyst.com/wes-hills

Seems like he might be rd 7 or udfa signing.  Did run a 4.57.  

Edited by freddyjj

On this the 1st day of April I'd like to suggest expanding the notion of considering players who play and dominate at lower levels of competition. 

With players like Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates starting out as basketball players before dominating as TEs, I really think we should keep our eye on this kid 

• Haha (+1) 1