Likely June Roster Cuts around the league?

Has anyone seen a list of likely June 2nd roster cuts from across the league? The Bills still have a lot of cap space (~$33M) and could definitely upgrade some positions (OL, DL, etc.).

Looking at OverTheCap.com, there are a number of teams without enough 2019 space (<$5M) to even sign their rookie contracts (Bucs, Steelers, Vikings, Panthers, Falcons?) while others are close. A few OL players from those teams have big contracts and could be on the downside of their careers (28+ years old). Guys like Riley Reiff (Vikings LT) or David Decastro (PIT RG) or Alejandro Villanueva (Pit LT) could come free as cap casualties.

The DL outlook is similar. 4-3 DTs include Kawann Short (Panthers...of course), Gerald McCoy (Bucs), Linval Joseph (Vikings).

For Edge Rushers, high cap players are Everson Griffen (Vikings), JPP (Bucs), Ryan Kerrigan (Washington), Cameron Jordan (Saints)

I'm not saying the Bills should sign FA contracts with these players (if available) or even trade for them. Just curious what anyone has heard. I know I've already seen rumors about the Bills trading picks for Gerald McCoy.

EdW

Edited by BisonMan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe that Beane made reference to this is the interview he’s done over the past 2 weeks. Something along the lines of “if we don’t address a need in the draft, it doesn’t mean we won’t address it later.”  I can definitely the Bills bringing in some veterans before training camp

I read a few other teams boards with some regularity and can’t say I can think of another fan base that mentions money to sign the rookies even 50% as much as here

just an interesting anecdote that I’ve noticed

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Great topic, great post. Thanks for sharing some of the information. Btw, I’m a big advocate of the Bills obtaining McCoy, however they go about it.

I saw a mock draft where the pats* gave up their 32nd pick for McCoy. I'm pretty sure it was a cbssports mock. I think that price was way to high. He's on the wrong side of 30 for a 1st rounder.

I'd like to sign him as well, maybe he's a cap casualty....Time will tell.

Edited by qwksilver
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Usually.. the post June cuts are done before hand so teams have a better plan at free agency. Unless teams feel they hit extremely high on their draft picks there’s a good chance most of those guys are never cut this year. As I said before teams usually do these cuts early so a) player can line up potential later deals and b) so cap strapped teams have a decent idea of what they can spend in free agency. 

We always hear “they’re designating him a post June cut” in January and February. 

Even with those teams being strapped for cash there’s always salaries converting to signing bonuses etc etc to free up room 

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I believe that Beane made reference to this is the interview he’s done over the past 2 weeks. Something along the lines of “if we don’t address a need in the draft, it doesn’t mean we won’t address it later.”  I can definitely the Bills bringing in some veterans before training camp

He already bought over 50 million's worth of veterans.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ducasse,Bodine,Trent Murphy are gone.7 million there.

Trent Murphy will be staying for 2019... take it to the bank. They just gave him a roster bonus and guaranteed a portion of his salary a week or two back which basically makes him not worth cutting .,..

Only possibility is if he gets traded... unlikely in my book given shallow DE talent on the team in 2019

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

If they don't draft Oliver than I could easily see them signing McCoy. 

4 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Has anyone seen a list of likely June 2nd roster cuts from across the league? The Bills still have a lot of cap space (~$33M) and could definitely upgrade some positions (OL, DL, etc.).

Looking at OverTheCap.com, there are a number of teams without enough 2019 space (<$5M) to even sign their rookie contracts (Bucs, Steelers, Vikings, Panthers, Falcons?) while others are close. A few OL players from those teams have big contracts and could be on the downside of their careers (28+ years old). Guys like Riley Reiff (Vikings LT) or David Decastro (PIT RG) or Alejandro Villanueva (Pit LT) could come free as cap casualties.

The DL outlook is similar. 4-3 DTs include Kawann Short (Panthers...of course), Gerald McCoy (Bucs), Linval Joseph (Vikings).

For Edge Rushers, high cap players are Everson Griffen (Vikings), JPP (Bucs), Ryan Kerrigan (Washington), Cameron Jordan (Saints)

I'm not saying the Bills should sign FA contracts with these players (if available) or even trade for them. Just curious what anyone has heard. I know I've already seen rumors about the Bills trading picks for Gerald McCoy.

EdW

Good work I just don't see any of these guys getting cut maybe traded but not cut. Btw they can fix there cap very easily just by redoing contracts.