AAF in serious danger of folding. UPDATE: AAF Suspends ALL Operations!

Johnny "the voice of cautious reflection and sober reason" Football sent out a very helpful tweet to his fellow AAF colleagues:

“If you’re an AAF player and the league does dissolve. The last check you got will be the last one that you get,” Manziel tweeted. “No lawsuit or anything else will get you your bread. Save your money and keep your head up. It’s the only choice at this point unless something drastic happens.

“Just the reality of this unfortunate situation.. great concept, good football on the field and fun for fans to watch. Just not enough money to go around which has been the main problem with ‘other’ leagues for a long time.”

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

I don’t understand this. Why didn’t he just sign earlier and skip out the last few AAF games. All their contracts had full NFL out clauses from what I read. 

Maybe it's his play in the AAF that got the Chiefs interest?

5 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Johnny "the voice of cautious reflection and sober reason" Football sent out a very helpful tweet to his fellow AAF colleagues:

“The XFL is coming, see you all next year.  Vince McMahon's # is (XXX) XXX-XXXX”

I expected this Tweet, not the one in the original post I replied to.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I expected this Tweet, not the one in the original post I replied to.

No lie I'm pretty sure he purposefully violated his conditions with the CFL to get in on AAF and then it folds haha. Story of Johnny's life. Sucks. He's absolutely going to be the catch for Vince's XFL tho so we'll see if that doesn't get screwed up either

The AAF proved just what it was in business for as more and more sign contracts. Its too bad they were under financed enough that one person with his own intentions could take down the league of course that happened to the USFL too. I for one will miss the games this weekend, guess I just like football. RIP AAF 

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The AAF proved just what it was in business for as more and more sign contracts. Its too bad they were under financed enough that one person with his own intentions could take down the league of course that happened to the USFL too. I for one will miss the games this weekend, guess I just like football. RIP AAF 

Me too.

At least these guys got some solid action on tape for NFL scouts to view. Hopefully, some can get another chance.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Me too.

At least these guys got some solid action on tape for NFL scouts to view. Hopefully, some can get another chance.

Colton Scmidt  still sucks we knew that, Hackenberg was a Jets LOL pick, Tarpley looked good, I still wonder why he quit the Bills then came back. I loved the ole ball coach giving refs crap LOL. Oh well

41 minutes ago, Luka said:

Hopefully the Bills are calling Charles Johnson. Dude was a beast for my team. #TakeAim #AAFChampions

A few of us have wondered who was going to sign him

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Me too.

AAF players who have signed with NFL teams:

• Damontre Moore, San Diego Fleet (DL): Signed with San Francisco (Adam Schefter, ESPN)

• Keith Reaser, Orlando Apollos (CB): Signed with Kansas City Chiefs (Adam Schefter, ESPN)

• Rashad Ross, Arizona Hotshots (WR): Signed with Carolina Panthers (Adam Schefter, ESPN)

• Garrett Gilbert, Orlando Apollos (QB): Signed with Cleveland Browns (Team announcement)

• Derron Smith, San Antonio Commanders (Safety): Signed with Minnesota Vikings (Team announcement)

• Duke Thomas, San Antonio Commanders (CB): Signed with Minnesota Vikings (Team announcement)

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:02 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

No lie I'm pretty sure he purposefully violated his conditions with the CFL to get in on AAF and then it folds haha. Story of Johnny's life. Sucks. He's absolutely going to be the catch for Vince's XFL tho so we'll see if that doesn't get screwed up either

Man. Bad week for Johhny. Loses wife then loses a football league for 3rd time.

Vince could now market Johhny as the truest Ex-FL player.

Edited by cba fan

..quite the classy organization....screwed the pooch, players and now UCF.............

After AAF shutdown, players bought own plane tickets home: Report

By Thomas BarrabiPublished April 03, 2019SportsFOXBusiness

The Alliance of American Football’s Opens a New Window. sudden decision to suspend operations Opens a New Window. this week forced newly unemployed players to pay out of pocket for flights home, according to a report.

AAF Literally Never Paid UCF to Use Their Stadium
06 Apr 2019-12 Up Sports

No matter how you spin it, the Alliance of American Football was a complete joke.

It's hard to paint this league in a positive light. They didn't complete their first season, getting through just eight weeks before deciding to suspend all league activities. That's obviously not the best look, but what makes matters much worse is the AAF's inability to pay every employee and partner they pledged to pay.

One of the biggest losers of this whole experimental league? The University of Central Florida, which will lose out on over $1 million thanks to the league effectively canceling the rest of their season.

The AAF signed a lease with UCF to have its very own Spectrum Stadium house the Orlando Apollos franchise. It seemed like a good deal... until the AAF didn't pay the university a dime, and then turned around and shut down operations with no new money on the way to pay any vendors.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Sad 1