AAF in serious danger of folding. UPDATE: AAF Suspends ALL Operations!

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Apples to Oranges. 

So Is Zion entering the Draft this year or is he Locked into Duke unto he is three years removed from HS?

Apples to Oranges at this point but if the NCAA feels “threatened” by minor league football (which will never happen) they will call on the NFL to change the 3 year out of HS rule. They will absolutely acquiesce to that in fear of losing top flight talent to another football league. These minor leagues, are never, and have never competed with the top level of collegiate athletics!! The money isn’t there and won’t ever be there.

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...may as well ask......for those who have watched games, is there any talent McBeane may consider or you watchers would want to see as camp bodies to fill out the required 90?....

John Kling Offensive Tackle 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Apples to Oranges at this point but if the NCAA feels “threatened” by minor league football (which will never happen) they will call on the NFL to change the 3 year out of HS rule. They will absolutely acquiesce to that in fear of losing top flight talent to another football league. These minor leagues, are never, and have never competed with the top level of collegiate athletics!! The money isn’t there and won’t ever be there.

And that would be a “Win” for the players. Maybe it never succeeds in terms of a long term option. But it is changes the Landscape of the NCAA that is a win in my mind. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...may as well ask......for those who have watched games, is there any talent McBeane may consider or you watchers would want to see as camp bodies to fill out the required 90?....

Charles Johnson, WR from Orlando

Karter Schult DE Salt Lake 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And that would be a “Win” for the players. Maybe it never succeeds in terms of a long term option. But it is changes the Landscape of the NCAA that is a win in my mind. 

I don’t disagree at all with that. It could be as simple paying the players (which may be coming anyways). 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Most likely reason is infrastructure. You need a press box and all the wiring for TV and Internet access, not to mention a place to hang the Sky Cam.

I don't think so.  ESPN showed a football game from the High School stadium down the street from me a few years ago.  I watched it on TV and it was as good as any other game on TV.  SkyCam sucks anyway.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Seeing you like to bring up 17-18 year old KIDS over and over again as a laughable concept.  What do you watch EVERY Saturday.  you guessed it 17-21 year OLD Kids.  And last I checked these universities are making Billions off these 17-21 year old KIDS.

OOO No not advertising on LinkedIn what a detriment.  hmmm So Lockheed Martin applying via LinkedIn, must mean they are in the tank too right.  Yeah I know it is horrible that a startup league is going outside the NFL nepotism to look for talent.  I mean yeah no companies in the world succeed when they think out of the "norm" for that industry.

I guess my high 6 figure job was based on a bad business model because well they received my initial application via LinkedIn

yes, every Saturday I and the rest of the nation watch the best HS students, no college students, play other top college athletes in college football.

Anyway...again, your contention that the reason America turned its back of the AAF because it lacked kids coming out of HS directly is just silly.   This was a league filled with men whom actually played high level college ball and many played in the NFL---and still no one cared.  Adding some HS nobodies will do the trick?  That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also, making no sense is the contention that ANY "top rated" HS recruit would bypass a top college program to enter the XFL.  Beside the fact that it's ridiculous on its face----every top recruit just saw a hugely hyped legitimately staffed and backed pro football league go belly up before its first season was finished it's schedule!  

They are now going to forgo the NCAA to sign a "million dollar a year" contract that isn't worth the paper it's written on??

Let it go.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Apples to Oranges. 

So Is Zion entering the Draft this year or is he Locked into Duke unto he is three years removed from HS?

Why did he bother going to Duke at all?  Why didn't he take the money in the G League, or played overseas?

Edited by Mr. WEO

51 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He was locked into Duke for the year, yes.

Was that supposed to support your point?

3 years removed from HS. Do college Basketball players have to wait 3 years to get paid. 

Hence Apples to Oranges. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes, every Saturday I and the rest of the nation watch the best HS students, no college students, play other top college athletes in college football.

Anyway...again, your contention that the reason America turned its back of the AAF because it lacked kids coming out of HS directly is just silly.   This was a league filled with men whom actually played high level college ball and many played in the NFL---and still no one cared.  Adding some HS nobodies will do the trick?  That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also, making no sense is the contention that ANY "top rated" HS recruit would bypass a top college program to enter the XFL.  Beside the fact that it's ridiculous on its face----every top recruit just saw a hugely hyped legitimately staffed and backed pro football league go belly up before its first season was finished it's schedule!  

They are now going to forgo the NCAA to sign a "million dollar a year" contract that isn't worth the paper it's written on??

Let it go.

Why did he bother going to Duke at all?  Why didn't he take the money in the G League, or played overseas?

Because the One and done is Very easy isn’t it. So want to keep trying to compare apples to oranges. 

And I never Once said that is why the AAF failed Did I?  I however did say they took a Business Model that lacked a visionary approach and instead HOPED for support from the NFL and NFLPA. 

I am done with this conversation anyway 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3 years removed from HS. Do college Basketball players have to wait 3 years to get paid. 

Hence Apples to Oranges. 

Because the One and done is Very easy isn’t it. So want to keep trying to compare apples to oranges. 

And I never Once said that is why the AAF failed Did I?  I however did say they took a Business Model that lacked a visionary approach and instead HOPED for support from the NFL and NFLPA. 

I am done with this conversation anyway 

yeah,  you really should be....

• Like (+1) 1

Why do they continuously create new footballs when anyone with a brain knows that it will fail, bar none?

It boggles the mind.

Just think about it, the USFL had a lot of NFL talent in their league and it failed miserably in short order. Shouldn't have that been a sign of future failures?

After AAF shutdown, players bought own plane tickets home: Report

By Thomas BarrabiPublished April 03, 2019SportsFOXBusiness

The Alliance of American Football’s Opens a New Window. sudden decision to suspend operations Opens a New Window. this week forced newly unemployed players to pay out of pocket for flights home, according to a report.

The AAF, which has battled reports of financial issues since the start of its inaugural season, informed employees in a letter that they would no longer be employed as of Wednesday.

While players and other personnel were paid through their last day of unemployment, they received no severance or reimbursement for final travel costs.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe @Kirby Jackson can give his opinion?

I tend to think that smaller stadiums work better but these leagues prepare for success. I honestly think it’s an ego thing more than anything. These guys don’t want to play in a 20K HS stadium when, if things go well, maybe they get 50k? 

There are also some technological limitations, specifically in the media rooms. If these leagues ever do get bigger they will need to be able to support the media needs. I think that they “scale up” so that they don’t need to make changes. It’s easier to sell more tickets than to find a new venue,  refund and/or relocate what’s sold, and do it again.  It doesn’t look good on TV but it is easier logistically. That’s my $.02 anyways...

Edited by Kirby Jackson