Vegas has win totals for next year

16 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

And the Giants once

Jests twice, fish twice, Redskins and Giants.  That should be at least 4 wins right there.  Bengals at home too.

I like the over, but the bet is really a referendum on Josh Allen.  If you think he’s good, the over is a very tempting bet, but if you don’t....

On 3/31/2019 at 1:30 PM, DBilz2500 said:

Vegas is usually spot on. we have to be realistic we will win between 4 and 7. Last year ours was 5.5 and people thought Vegas was nuts because we just made playoffs. fact is we didnt add much on fofense, have old rb's a terrible line and as far as wr's and TE's we are in the bottom 5 for weapons for allen. Defense is solid but dont even have multiple pro bowl/all pros like other teams have

16 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I think fans had the same reaction last year.  Until the Bills prove otherwise, 6-10 is a good bet for this team.

made playoffs year prior and then vegas put us at 5.5 and people thought vegas was nuts, they are always very spot on for the most part, do it for a living and were right on the money last year

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The Josh Allen effect

2016 at Wyoming
8 wins

4 losses by 3 points

2017 at Wyoming

8 wins in 11 games

Kid's a winner

I like Allen but for one they played crap teams and winning in college means literally nothing. Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn Jamesis Winston, etc were all winners in college to more so then Allen.

That said Allen will be great, we just really need to surround him with players in the draft, for weapons we are in the bottom 5 of the league especially at TE and RB

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Tcali said:

All depends on Josh Allen.If he sucks we win 6.If he is great we win 10.

I think it will be a given Allen will be solid. it will come down to our suspect offensive line and lack of running game and not the best weapons around him. draft is essential

21 hours ago, nrenegar said:

Does anyone know what sites this bet is available on? I checked Bovada, but they seem to just have superbowl futures right now.

5dimes has it up

19 hours ago, LEBills said:

Hammer the over, we got 6 wins with Peterman, Anderson and Barkley starting 4 games last year lol.

yea and it came down to the last game of the season vs a dolphins team with nothing to play for. our schedule is a lot harder

17 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Because if he bet where his heart is as a Bills fan, he'd be broke in 10 minutes.

:lol:

Which is why I don’t bet.

Although..... the last time i bet Large ($500) was in ‘88, following the 7-8, Strike shortened season, that the Bills would be in the playoffs. I sweated it for 7 months.

Bills beat Jets in OT to go to 11-1 and win the AFCE! 

I’m kind of feeling the same way with this offer. Maybe a hunny..

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I think it will be a given Allen will be solid. it will come down to our suspect offensive line and lack of running game and not the best weapons around him. draft is essential

5dimes has it up

yea and it came down to the last game of the season vs a dolphins team with nothing to play for. our schedule is a lot harder

I’m not sure the dolphins are even fielding a team this year so I think we be good

3 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

5dimes has it up

I dont think thats a given at all. Judgment and accuracy arent minor fixes.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Don't disagree.

Outside of Morse the guys they signed are pretty average at their respective positions. 

The team lacks star players as it stands right now. 

Yes, Morse was only above average signing.  Now if you have a team with 2-3 stars then that is fine,  right now this team has no stars.  Fans are drinking the koolaid,  i saw this with Levy.

Edited by Niagara Dude

18 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

Vegas is usually spot on. we have to be realistic we will win between 4 and 7. Last year ours was 5.5 and people thought Vegas was nuts because we just made playoffs. fact is we didnt add much on fofense, have old rb's a terrible line and as far as wr's and TE's we are in the bottom 5 for weapons for allen. Defense is solid but dont even have multiple pro bowl/all pros like other teams have

made playoffs year prior and then vegas put us at 5.5 and people thought vegas was nuts, they are always very spot on for the most part, do it for a living and were right on the money last year

I like Allen but for one they played crap teams and winning in college means literally nothing. Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn Jamesis Winston, etc were all winners in college to more so then Allen.

That said Allen will be great, we just really need to surround him with players in the draft, for weapons we are in the bottom 5 of the league especially at TE and RB

All of those guys played at blue blood programs. I think it's overrated too for the most part except in these instances. Allen was surrounded with nothing and turned his program into a winning one the two years he played. Look at Wyoming's record before he got there.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

A lot rides on Allen.

Still think they need to help him out at reciever more, but if he is successful the team in all likelihood will be as well.

This.

People get too caught up in deciding that he's tribe, or that he's the best thing since sliced bread.

There's a lot in between there.

If he becomes an above average QB then they are a 8-10 win roster right now I believe.

If he becomes a second year stud (like Goff or wentz did) then they are 10-12 wins I believe.

If he's barely average this season then they are probably 6-8.

If he sucks then they're a dumpster fire.

Either way this isn't a make or break year for him as a career, but it would be very encouraging for him to build on the end of last season and how well he played.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:56 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

All of those guys played at blue blood programs. I think it's overrated too for the most part except in these instances. Allen was surrounded with nothing and turned his program into a winning one the two years he played. Look at Wyoming's record before he got there.

There is plenty of guys who do that tho lol. Look at Paxston Lynch, Blake Bortles, Blaine Gabbert,Brock Owsweiller etc. Im just saying winning at college on any level literally meanings nothing. Its not as if he led them to any upsets at all. and I love allen just making the point in this specific topic

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/31/2019 at 3:51 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Sorry. I feel Vegas under-predicts by the Bills by 2 games. Probably because non-Bills followers assume we suck. I would bet money on the over if they are saying 4 wins. We got six with what roster?

You mean how they set the over-under at 6 wins last year, and then they won ... 6 games?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-win-totals-predictions-vegas-expert-picks-over-6-for-arizona-cardinals/

Sure, the Vegas preseason line was off by a couple games in 2017, but there's nothing that suggests some kind of systematic underrating of the Bills. And as everyone who understands Vegas lines has already mentioned, the over-under isn't so much a "prediction" as it's an attempt to set a number that will generate 50% of the betting on either side.

My simple formula is always this:  take last year's record, regress it 50% toward the mean (8 wins) ... there's your projection. For the Bills, that would be 7-9. I did a kind of quick and dirty test of this a few seasons ago, and I found it more accurate than any betting lines or "expert" predictions.