Vegas has win totals for next year

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Obviously they are making educated guesses, but those guesses aren't based on how they view teams will perform, they are based on how they believe fans will bet. The general fan will not have a good opinion of the Bills, even though the Bills, for those who follow the team, appear to have gotten better and signs point to more than 6 wins.

This is different than last year. Most who followed the Bills expected a down year last season. 6 wins was spot on.

There are people betting tens of thousands of dollars and it's more than an educated guess. It's based on data and metrics. A lot of the big bettors don't even care much about sports. They care about numbers. 

That being said, it certainly does NOT mean the Bills plan will fail. We could easily win 10 games. I'm strictly talking about the way these numbers are set. Not the outcome.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Someone you know will probably go to Vegas at some point before the season. Give them the cash and tell them what to bet. You get a ticket that you have x amount of time to cash in person or you can mail it in and receive a check(assuming it wins).

If you are out of state or out of country do they tax you?

13 minutes ago, billsherd said:

If you are out of state or out of country do they tax you?

Nah. They only tax winnings on wagers that are greater than 300/1 odds. Kind of quirky. They will TRACK anything over 10K, but not tax it. Let's say you win 330 bucks on a 1 dollar bet. Taxed and W2G. Let's say you bet 10K and win 10K. Nada. They'll do what's called a CTR on anything over 10K, but no tax.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Massachusetts now has sports betting.  Last I seen- Vegas had the odds of Buffalo winning SB 100-1 and AFC 65-1.  I am not sure what Mass offers.  But I would like to get in on those odds before the draft.  6 wins over is a gift!  We play Miami twice

And the Giants once

2 hours ago, LEBills said:

Hammer the over, we got 6 wins with Peterman, Anderson and Barkley starting 4 games last year lol.

When you think of how bad they botched the QB situation and the fact that a player literally quit the team at halftime its kinda amazing they got 6 wins. 

Edited by The Jerk

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sorry. I feel Vegas under-predicts by the Bills by 2 games. Probably because non-Bills followers assume we suck. I would bet money on the over if they are saying 4 wins. We got six with what roster?

I always waste money on the Bills when I go to Vegas, so I'll put something on the over this year. I would expect improvement over last season.

The non Bills followers have been correct more often than not. Although we haven't made it too difficult for them. Better days are ahead.

I had a neighbor who seemed to be in Vegas every year in time to place a bet on the Bills winning the SB.  There is a reason they don't win and it is all his fault.  He goes to EVERY home game and a few away games.  He is a lovable certifiable nut.  In short - a Bills fan.  God bless him.

I say STAY away from the bet.....ya just never know.

17 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Maybe because they see that Bills signed a bunch of mediocre guys,  talent wins and Beane wasted money .  This looks so much like the year Levy went and spent money on average players and it blew up in his face.  I would have preferred that they spend for top playmakers.  I myself could see them winning around 8 games

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, The Jerk said:

When you think of how bad they botched the QB situation and the fact that a player literally quit the team at halftime its kinda amazing they got 6 wins. 

The Josh Allen effect

2016 at Wyoming
8 wins

4 losses by 3 points

2017 at Wyoming

8 wins in 11 games

Kid's a winner

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The Josh Allen effect

2016 at Wyoming
8 wins

4 losses by 3 points