Was Ryan Groy released?

This kinda blew me away at how he just completely regressed.... I was hoping bigger and better things for him. 

Just like Peterpick tho - another dream gone......

Hopefully the additions and draft will leave Josh upright and with a modicum of time to throw the damn ball!

On 3/31/2019 at 5:31 PM, DCbillsfan said:

If that's what you want to think.  Whaley was the GM of record but who was talking to the press before the draft and after the draft?  McD was.  Who was let go shortly after the draft?  Whaley was.  So technically you are right but realistically you are not.

..who really gives a rat's azz who drafted who anyway?....this "my guys versus their guys" crap is nauseating as hell......if we waste time purging "their guys" solely for the purpose of purging "their guys", we have the WRONG egotistical people in charge...didn't Wrecks needing "his guys" set us back 2 years?...Jesus.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, Jpsredemption said:

Like most of the Bills free agents he has not signed yet. Speaks to the poor roster development that has taken place here when you have no desirable free agents. 

On 3/31/2019 at 10:49 AM, DCbillsfan said:

I think the new guys are doing pretty well at drafting/developing/ and evaluating.  They let Mills, Miller, and Groy walk.  They signed Long, Morse, Feliciano, and Nysecke.  Plus they drafted Dawkins and Teller and they have 10 picks.  Let's see how they do.

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..who really gives a rat's azz who drafted who anyway?....this "my guys versus their guys" crap is nauseating as hell......if we waste time purging "their guys" solely for the purpose of purging "their guys", we have the WRONG egotistical people in charge...didn't Wrecks needing "his guys" set us back 2 years?...Jesus.....

On 3/31/2019 at 5:18 PM, GreggTX said:

Whaley drafted Dawkins.

I really don't care who drafted whom but i don't like short bs answers so i reponded.  Unlike some who complain about McBeane, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.  

Edited by DCbillsfan

On 3/31/2019 at 9:58 AM, 2003Contenders said:

I have not seen anything about it here, and he is still listed on the Bills' official site roster. However, his Wikipedia page lists his as a free agent as does the Bills' depth chart on Ourlads. Hmmm.

"Official" site?

On 3/31/2019 at 10:34 AM, Jpsredemption said:

That’s fine but my point is this teams roster building has been so poor that many of their free agents are sub nfl caliber talent. No matter how you spin it that speaks how bad they’ve been at drafting/developing/and evaluating pro personnel.

Brandon Beane or prior front offices?  That kinda matters

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Brandon Beane or prior front offices?  That kinda matters

They brought Groy back so I guess it reflects on both. I wouldn’t exactly right home about Beane yet. Let’s see results. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The my guy nonsense gets people fired in this league. I guess we will see how it plays out. 

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Huge disappointment and major miscalculation by me and many on this board. I thought he would replace Wood without much of a drop off.

I was wrong. Beane was correct in going after a center, but Bodine was also a major drop off from Wood. 

For 2019, I still keep Bodine on the roster.  Spencer Long was terrible at C last year but as folks have pointed out he was also injured. 

They have the cap room to keep Bodine this year as insurance for Morse. He has missed time in both of the last two years.

Whether or not Bodine stays on the team is interesting.  I believe he will go to camp as a backup.

I'm not sure if he makes the 53 though.  If he can't play a G role so if they keep him as a sole C backup the Bills have to dress 8 OL on gameday.

I guess there could be a way that he doesn't dress on Sundays but is kept on the team for a long term replacement if necessary.

I think this will be an interesting choice that will be made during camp.