Most underrated RB

Tcali

I actually think Eddie George and Jerome Bettis are OVERrated. They were very solid, effective, productive backs. Never game changers.

Napolean Kaufman is a guy who was electric, but walked away early to go into some kind of ministry. Loved watching him run.

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Oh and I always had a soft spot for Eric Metcalf, great returner and receiver out of the backfield 

Don't forget has father Terry. Both great return men. Terry the better runner, Eric the better receiver.

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Kaufman is a guy who was electric, but walked away early to go into some kind of ministry. Loved watching him run.

One of my favorite all time players.  Not only was he lightning fast and electric, but he was one of the strongest Raiders despite being so small.  Could out bench the OL and DL.  

Watching him as such a small guy also layout DL on blocks was amazing.  Never understood the under usage when they made him split carries with Harvey Williams.

One of my fave all time plays was against cowboys where he stayed into block and picked up Russell Maryland over his head.  A couple plays later blocking for Harvey Williams he destroyed Charles Haley on a block.  Just nuts for such a small guy.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Maybe not the “most” underrrated but he should be in the “underrated” discussion: Tiki Barber (don’t laugh, I’m being serious)

And to a lesser extent, Shaun Alexander. Alexander is not talked about because he had three phenomenal years, peaked, and then hit a wall like nothing I’ve ever seen before (or since) in the nfl year-over-year. 

not laughing. Tiki was a terrific runner.

Joe Cribbs-  contract squabble, USFL and knee injuries stunted a HoF career.

Joe Delaney-  risked his life to save another.  Paid the ultimate price.  Sucks that 99.99% of the worlds population doesn’t even know he existed.

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Ickey Woods

What list would be complete without Shaud Williams ? ... He picked up 10 yards a lot but they only gave him the ball to run draws on 3rd and 20.

LMAO!!....from the archives of "Frostyisms".........:D

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Curtis Martin

Roger Craig

I remember the first time I ever saw Curtis Martin play. It was an all star game (Blue-Gray?), and he just jumped out.....this guy is not like the other guys. I don’t claim to have a great eye for this stuff, but I was immediately asking “who IS that guy?” His great career was kind of....”quiet?” for some reason. Or at least it seemed that way to me too. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One of my favorite all time players.  Not only was he lightning fast and electric, but he was one of the strongest Raiders despite being so small.  Could out bench the OL and DL.  

Watching him as such a small guy also layout DL on blocks was amazing.  Never understood the under usage when they made him split carries with Harvey Williams.

One of my fave all time plays was against cowboys where he stayed into block and picked up Russell Maryland over his head.  A couple plays later blocking for Harvey Williams he destroyed Charles Haley on a block.  Just nuts for such a small guy.  

He had that gruesome leg injury where he got caught in a pile and his leg broke at the need and folded the wrong way  I think that ended football for him

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I remember the first time I ever saw Curtis Martin play. It was an all star game (Blue-Gray?), and he just jumped out.....this guy is not like the other guys. I don’t claim to have a great eye for this stuff, but I was immediately asking “who IS that guy?” His great career was kind of....”quiet?” for some reason. Or at least it seemed that way to me too. 

You're 100% right. He's a Hall of Famer. And yet, if you were to ask long time football fans to make their "top 10 all time running backs" list, I'd be willing to bet that very few would feature Curtis Martin

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

He had that gruesome leg injury where he got caught in a pile and his leg broke at the need and folded the wrong way  I think that ended football for him

No he actually retired unexpectedly to become a minister and still is to this day in the Bay Area 

11 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Edge James finished his career in the top ten all time when he retired. 

Corey Dillion ran for over 11,000 yds but most of his prime hidden away on awful cincy teams. 

And has their ever been a more underrated back than Fred Taylor?  Guy had 7 different 1,100 yd+ rushing seasons and only was voted into the pro bowl ONCE. He ran for 1500 one year and didn’t even get the nod. 

Hard not to put Steven Jackson in there as well. 

Honorable mentions... Rodney Hampton only played 8 years in the 90’s but had 5 straight 1000 yd seasons. And Brian Westbrook had over 10,000 scrimmage yds and 71 td in only 9 season. 

Stephen Jackson is a great call.