Most underrated RB

Tcali

Maybe not the “most” underrrated but he should be in the “underrated” discussion: Tiki Barber (don’t laugh, I’m being serious)

And to a lesser extent, Shaun Alexander. Alexander is not talked about because he had three phenomenal years, peaked, and then hit a wall like nothing I’ve ever seen before (or since) in the nfl year-over-year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsBlue said:

I gotta say Freddy haha if he had a chance to start from his early 20s he would have probably gotten a ring somewhere 

Fred was a great guy, but not a game changer.  He wasn't an every game back and on  bad teams with modest offensive weapons, he didn't dominate with his legs.

But in the spirit of "underrated", it has to be a truly great back who is not often mentioned with other great backs.

So:

C Martin

E James

Ricky Williams

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Uhhh. What thread are you talking about? This is most UNDERRATED. Brown and OJ Simpson havnt been mentioned at all. 

i got mixed up. On the other hand, they are have been discussed a lot in the forum, so the point was valid. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

LeSean McCoy.

Seriously.

This dude is the closest thing to Barry Sanders since, well....Barry Sanders.

Because he has never had much postseason success, and because he has played the second half of his career in Buffalo (which, in terms of national eyes on the team, may as well be the Atlanta Legends), he is not talked about much. Or at least, not as much as his trascendent talent level should dictate.

Frank Gore, also. Top five all time in NFL rushing yards. His longevity and consistency -- especially considering the injuries he had in college -- are insane.

Funny that these two guys now comprise the Buffalo Bills backfield. What a time to be alive.

46 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Maybe not the “most” underrrated but he should be in the “underrated” discussion: Tiki Barber (don’t laugh, I’m being serious)

And to a lesser extent, Shaun Alexander. Alexander is not talked about because he had three phenomenal years, peaked, and then hit a wall like nothing I’ve ever seen before (or since) in the nfl year-over-year. 

Interesting thing about Tiki Barber... He got to run behind his college fullback (Charles Way) with the Giants. Way was certainly underrated in his own right. Definitely a top 5 blocking FB, and a beast in short yardage... until his knees deteriorated. 

8 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Curt Warner... not the QB, Tony Dorsett, Christian Okoye

i think of Wendell Tyler mostly as a Ram, and he did fumble a lot.  He carried the ball sooo loose- great at bursting through traffic, then he'd just drop the call in open field haha

I totally disagree on okoye. Dude attained what seem to be mythical status through the 90’s and had only two 1,000 yd seasons out of his 6 years in the nfl. 

A lot of great names mentioned.  Hard to pin down to just a few, but I've always been a big B. Westbrook fan.  He could do it all, I thought he was just as good as Faulk when healthy. 

I dont think these guys have been mentioned: 

Thomas Jones

Terry Allen 

Ernest Byner

Clinton Portis 

Has Joe Delaney been mentioned? AFC ROY in 81. 82 was strike shortened and he had an eye injury limiting his play. Drowned before the 83 season trying to rescue three kids from a water hole left from construction. He couldn't even swim if memory serves.

• Like (+1) 1