Bills fan walking in Madrid Parque de Retiro

5 hours ago, Bills Survivor said:

Oh yeah, La Rambla goes from a touristy family area to a seedy free-for-all of solicitation and drug propositions pretty quickly after dark

i wasnt a fan of Spain nor the Mediterranean countries, you never hear about 2nd world countries but they are it.

England and northern Europe were the bomb, a lot like America.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:36 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Lots of WNYers all across fl. Its pretty crazy the amount of people that end up moving from here to there. Not sure I could adjust to those brutally hot summers until I retire though..

Don't wait.....one of the #1 lessons learned after moving here was - WHY DID I WAIT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  WHAT WAS I THINKING????  PLENTY of work here if you wanna work.....PLENTY! 

Move now......when you show me the guy who is shoveling heat and scraping humidity off his windshields then me and youse can talk.  Till then?  If it is hot outside I stay inside and THEN I go outside at night.  If it is cold outside then you stay inside until spring.....that mah man sux the big wazoo.....cold BLOWS chunks....

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Don't wait.....one of the #1 lessons learned after moving here was - WHY DID I WAIT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  WHAT WAS I THINKING????  PLENTY of work here if you wanna work.....PLENTY! 

Move now......when you show me the guy who is shoveling heat and scraping humidity off his windshields then me and youse can talk.  Till then?  If it is hot outside I stay inside and THEN I go outside at night.  If it is cold outside then you stay inside until spring.....that mah man sux the big wazoo.....cold BLOWS chunks....

After my 18 years in Sarasota, I HATE going as far north as Atlanta! If it’s hot, awesome! My old bones don’t hurt as much. I can play tennis in less pain. Hot? Jump in the pool! I loved it! I pray I can be that happy again some day. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2019 at 10:54 PM, Augie said:

After my 18 years in Sarasota, I HATE going as far north as Atlanta! If it’s hot, awesome! My old bones don’t hurt as much. I can play tennis in less pain. Hot? Jump in the pool! I loved it! I pray I can be that happy again some day. 

For A nanosecond I thought you were still here in Sarasota.......I was ready to start drinking with ya!  No worries - I will keep the seat warm down here.....ATL is WAY too cold for me....got a buddy who lives in Griffin GA, at the corner of nowhere and nowhere, on the street of nowhere in the county of nowhere.....omg - it gets cold there - hell it even snows there!!!  No thanks........come on back down to paradise......

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

For A nanosecond I thought you were still here in Sarasota.......I was ready to start drinking with ya!  No worries - I will keep the seat warm down here.....ATL is WAY too cold for me....got a buddy who lives in Griffin GA, at the corner of nowhere and nowhere, on the street of nowhere in the county of nowhere.....omg - it gets cold there - hell it even snows there!!!  No thanks........come on back down to paradise......

We moved to Atlanta for my wife’s work about 8 years ago, but now she travels about 3 weeks/month. Her job went from the SE to National role, with her boss in NYC. She refused to relocate to NYC (thank God!), and we have family very nearby in ATL (including my mother who moved up from SRQ, who hates it, but needs to be close to family at 91). 

Anyway, it is my dream to have a condo/small house in SRQ in about a year. If she’s not here anyway, I may as well be warm! A buddy just moved here from Sarasota to start a bank. We have a half joke/half deal: One of us gets a place in Sarasota for the winter, the other gets one in the NC mountains for the summer. Oh, and they can work in the middle as need be. I’m good at sharing! Best of both worlds!!!

• Like (+1) 1