Bills fan walking in Madrid Parque de Retiro

We were on a Danube river cruise last December, I was wearing my Sabres hat, and met a family from Lockport.  That was right after that 10 game W streak.  He told me maybe I shouldn't wear that hat because the Sabres lost 2.   I switched to my Bills hat but in hindsight, the guy saw the future.  I put the Sabres hat away but guess it didn't help.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I’m vacationing in Spain with my family. Walking through the grand city park in Madrid and a fellow Bills fan walks by wearing a Bills sweatshirt.  He didn't see me wave. So far I’ve seen a Cubs and Red Sox hats  but no other NFL gear.

If that was you, have fun in Spain.

Next time forget the wave. Simpy yell "Go Bills!!!" It's our official mating call and it never disappoints.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

I slept in that park last summer after deciding to spend the last of my budget on Iberian ham and cervezas rather than a hostel. You've got to love no open container or vagrancy laws.  Absolutely beautiful park and city, hope I make it back some day.  Have fun!  

Edited by Bills Survivor
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I’m vacationing in Spain with my family. Walking through the grand city park in Madrid and a fellow Bills fan walks by wearing a Bills sweatshirt.  He didn't see me wave. So far I’ve seen a Cubs and Red Sox hats  but no other NFL gear.

Very cool. Last year I was in Madrid as the resident Director of a Winter Spanish immersion study abroad high school program. I researched where I could watch the Bills-Jaguars playoff game and found the James Joyce Irish pub in downtown Madrid. Ran into a Nichols school grad and his wife who were there to see their daughter get married to a Madrileño. We had an awesome time pulling for our beloved Bills and were even joined later by a father/son tandem from Cinci (who were grateful that we had both contributed to Andy Dalton's fund lol!)

3 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

We were on a Danube river cruise last December, I was wearing my Sabres hat, and met a family from Lockport.  That was right after that 10 game W streak.  He told me maybe I shouldn't wear that hat because the Sabres lost 2.   I switched to my Bills hat but in hindsight, the guy saw the future.  I put the Sabres hat away but guess it didn't help.

Or maybe all the losing is actually your fault for taking the Sabres hat off? 

?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Very cool. Last year I was in Madrid as the resident Director of a Winter Spanish immersion study abroad high school program. I researched where I could watch the Bills-Jaguars playoff game and found the James Joyce Irish pub in downtown Madrid. Ran into a Nichols school grad and his wife who were there to see their daughter get married to a Madrileño. We had an awesome time pulling for our beloved Bills and were even joined later by a father/son tandem from Cinci (who were grateful that we had both contributed to Andy Dalton's fund lol!)

That place is right next to the park by that big archway.  I had a great time in there, met a bunch of cool Americans and Irishman.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Or maybe all the losing is actually your fault for taking the Sabres hat off? 

?

There was NO collusion on my part!

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Visit the San Miguel market.  Great food/wine and a great place to meet people.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

If you live in WNY, you may be surprised how many Bills fans proudly display their gear throughout the US.  Even after moving away Bills fans remain solidly loyal.  Even during the draught.  A major reason Im a Bills fan - even though Im not from WNY.

Go Bills!

Bills fans do that, and not to rain on your parade but people from every city do. I see lots of teams represented here in Phoenix. College teams have especially huge followings.

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

We used to have a Bills fan from Spain on here......Jose Ignacio Luja from Bilbao.