Which Prospects Do You NOT Want The Bills To Draft?

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m with the OP, I am leery of both Metcalf (production and injuries) and Oliver (under-sized).  I’m not saying that I would hate either, just that I am more worried about those two than the seeming majority of TBD who love these two.  Other potential 1st round picks that I’d shy away from: 

Rashan Gary: With his physical abilities, why was he not dominant?  Some suggestions that he played all season with an injured shoulder might allow a team to justify his lower than expected production.

Brian Burns: To his credit, he put on at least 20 lbs of muscle in the last 3 months, weighing nearly 250 at the combine.  But, can anyone look at his games from 2018 and really believe that he weighed more than 225-230?  If he really put on 20lbs of muscle in less than 3 months, then

1 - can he really maintain that weight through a season?

2 - Did he have steroid help to put on that much muscle?  Can anyone really put on that much muscle in 2.5 months naturally?

You absolutely can get those kind of gains in 2 or 3 months. When I start working out for soft ball I weigh 220 and in about 3 months I get up to around 237. I am also just doing basic pyramid workouts with dumbbells and free weights and only training for about 1.5 hours. This guy was probably working out 2 or 3 times a day with a trainer and nutritionist. I would say you can easily put on that weight in 2 or 3 months.

Oliver is the guy that both scares me and excites me. 

I don’t think any of these WR’s are 1st rd picks but there are a lot I wouldn’t mind taking in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 

Metcalf at 9 would scare me, I don’t think he will be a bust but at 9 I don’t think he would live up to the early pick. 

There are 2 guys I feel will make a few pro bowls and be very good players when we pick at 9 in D. White / Jonha Williams. 

Burns is also a guy that I like a lot and I would be very happy with the pick.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Just say NO to Hock and Isabella.

28911775001_5980646606001_5980632373001-

maxresdefault.jpg

Hocken-stun and Is-a-baller?

Looks like two pieces in a damn-near perfect offense... But let's not draft any players that dominated at their college position. :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mine have been hit here already:

Metcalf:  Worried about ability to run full route tree and stay on the field

Gary:  Lack of college production, should have dominated

Burns: Undersized, will be pushed around by NFL lineman

Little:  Bad work habits and love for game do not improve once rich

Edited by Just Joshin'

Rashan Gary makes me nervous for some reason.

Any cornerback before the 4th round, because White, Wallace, and Johnson seem to be the locked in starting trio. If the answer is "for competition and depth!", I say: Why did we sign Kevin Johnson and EJ Gaines and hang on to Ryan Lewis and Lafayette Pitts, then?

Normally I'm all for drafting a corner every year. After solidifying our starting three and signing Johnson and Gaines, though, I'm against using a day 1 or 2 pick on a corner this year. It just doesn't make any sense from a roster building standpoint, and the Bills have too many other needs.

• Like (+1) 2

Metcalf. Workout warrior, NFL defensive backfields will make him what he is and will be, a physically gifted, lazy route runner who is fast. Teams and fans always fall in love with the freaks and overlook the limitations. And haven't we learned with top 10 "can't miss WRs"?

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

So many names have been thrown around here and now we are seeing some of the mock drafts come out.  There’s a lot of players that fans either want or want to avoid like the plague!

To be honest, if you would have asked me last year I would have put Josh Allen (the QB from Wyoming....not the LB from Kentucky) on this list.  But in the end I’m glad he was my selection.  

Here are two choices - neither which will be very popular:

1. Eddie Oliver - he is a physical freak, no doubt but I’m not so sure if he’s the 3 technique DT that we need.  Does not have the technique nor the size to get a pass rush from the middle.  He could transition to DE and have the flexibility that McDermott covets.  But I am most concerned about his smaller size and wonder if there are better players for the Bills specific need at DT.  

2.  DK Metcalf - another physical freak.  What concerns me about DK is there were several games where he was quiet and then he’d make a huge catch.  The lack of consistency is concerning as is his ability to run routes.  He is not running a full route tree and instead just runs fly routes.  That’s what he does best. The Bills already have 2 WR’s who could do this in Foster and Brown.  Also there have been bigger WR’s like DK who have not translate too well. 

Like I said I could be wrong but that’s my impression.  How about you?

Like Aaron Donald doesnt have the size??

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Donald has much better technique 

Technique can be taught.  Athleticism can not.

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I'm all in on this.  With respect to DK, I am leery of guys whose biggest claim to fame is great measurable and a stellar combine performance.  It is mind boggling to me that people would ignore on field performance and favor a combine performance. 

Oliver reminds me of Dion Jordan.  I remember watching his tape and thinking that Jordan either made an amazing play or was completely blown up.  There was no in between.  He would make these stellar plays, then be an absolute liability the rest of the time.  That is pretty much Oliver.  He is either making a tackle for a loss, or getting completely removed from the play.  

Oliver is rated high off his on field performance, DK its all about the combine.