Last April's 'Bills Draft Josh Allen in RD 1' Thread Revisited

The ‘next Brady’ comments about Rosen were pretty funny, but the ‘Allen would have been there at 12’ takes were hard to understand.  There’s absolutely no way to know that and the Bills could not have risked missing out on both Joshs.

Just now, KD in CA said:

The ‘next Brady’ comments about Rosen were pretty funny, but the ‘Allen would have been there at 12’ takes were hard to understand.  There’s absolutely no way to know that and the Bills could not have risked missing out on both Joshs.

Brady didn’t even play his rookie year.  

This one is great too. I mean, Fadingpain is usually wrong but just so certain he/she is always right. 

Enjoy a year or 2 of AJ McCarron, unless we somehow acquire another QB.

Allen won't be ready for a while, and when he is, he's going to suck.

We just traded UP to draft white EJ Manuel.

Edited by dubs
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have to admit that I made a complete fool of myself at Duff's in Rochester. My girlfriend and I went together to grab wings and watch the draft. She likes the Bills; I bleed Bills. 

When Allen was picked, I dropped out of my chair, onto the floor of the restaurant, saying "No! No! No!". I then pointed at a Pat's fan at a nearby table and said, "Congrats on another 20 years of AFC East Dominance!" We left before the Edmunds pick. 

I was surprisingly not drunk.

I was more than surprised to be flat out wrong!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

This one is great too. I mean, Fadingpain is usually wrong but just so certain he/she is always right. 

Enjoy a year or 2 of AJ McCarron, unless we somehow acquire another QB.

Allen won't be ready for a while, and when he is, he's going to suck.

We just traded UP to draft white EJ Manuel.

EJ did have a higher rookie year qb rating. Just saying.  Making proclamations  of a star or bust after year one is pretty dumb. 

And this is what you do to stop feeling hurt after getting burned by another Bills qb. 

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I have to admit that I made a complete fool of myself at Duff's in Rochester. My girlfriend and I went together to grab wings and watch the draft. She likes the Bills; I bleed Bills. 

When Allen was picked, I dropped out of my chair, onto the floor of the restaurant, saying "No! No! No!". I then pointed at a Pat's fan at a nearby table and said, "Congrats on another 20 years of AFC East Dominance!" We left before the Edmunds pick. 

I was surprisingly not drunk.

I was more than surprised to be flat out wrong!

Did you finish your wings?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ did have a higher rookie year qb rating. Just saying.  Making proclamations  of a star or bust after year one is pretty dumb. 

And this is what you do to stop feeling hurt after getting burned by another Bills qb. 

Not exactly sure what you mean on that second part but I agree with the first. That’s the funny part of that whole thread. 

**i totally admit I wasn’t happy with the pick at the time. Wanted Rosen, but wasn’t freaking out either**

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Have any of them?  Come on. It’s stupid to make claims about any of them at this point, except maybe Baker (who will probably get hurt because the Browns aren’t allowed to be good). 

Man, you really have NO sense of humor when it comes to this topic.  Lighten up, Francis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

So many Bills fans wanted Josh Rosen and were begging Beane to move up to the #2 spot and thereby giving up the farm (all the 2018 early picks and 2019 first) for the guy. 

My thoughts! From page ten of that thread.

Love the pick!

The Bills just got a big, tough, blue-collar kid who played at Wyoming (think snow) and he was a winner with a bunch of nobodies around him. 

•  
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was pissed, mainly because I wanted either Darnold or Mayfield and Buffalo couldn’t work out a trade with the Giants to get to 2. I didn’t want Rosen at all. Allen didn’t seem like a fit for Buffalo because I had 0 faith in the coaches’ ability to develop a “raw” prospect, but I was impressed with his Senior Bowl. For those reasons I was pissed on draft night. 

In my opinion Allen may have developed himself more than the coaches. He won me over completely in his first preseason action, playing unlike any QB I’ve ever seen before. Barring any catastrophic injury, I think he’ll go down as one of the all time greats one day. Get the man some receivers and he could lead the #1 offense in football.

8 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I believe he had a third round grade on Allen...

Good stuff. Thanks for posting RR.

I did. And have never hidden from it. As I say above I missed on his running ability but even taking that into account Id have only had a 2nd on him based on what he had put on film as a passer. 

I will never stop having opinions and mine are always honestly held after putting the work in. Doesn't mean they will always be right. I would be more than happy for Allen to be my biggest miss cos that would be good for Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I was pissed, mainly because I wanted either Darnold or Mayfield and Buffalo couldn’t work out a trade with the Giants to get to 2. I didn’t want Rosen at all. Allen didn’t seem like a fit for Buffalo because I had 0 faith in the coaches’ ability to develop a “raw” prospect, but I was impressed with his Senior Bowl. For those reasons I was pissed on draft night. 

In my opinion Allen may have developed himself more than the coaches. He won me over completely in his first preseason action, playing unlike any QB I’ve ever seen before. Barring any catastrophic injury, I think he’ll go down as one of the all time greats one day. Get the man some receivers and he could lead the #1 offense in football.

My goodness we have very low expectations for quarterback. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

At least you are man enough to admit it, unlike alot of people. Good for you!?

LMAO  seriously right i was depressed for a day after till i watched his film etc and saw how talented he is and watched his senior bowl footage and was amazed 

Of Allen and Rosen, I was glad we took Allen. I would have probably felt a little better about Darnold or Mayfield, but I liked Allen a lot, too. I also thought that Lamar Jackson might wind up being the best of the bunch, but it seemed unlikely. I never liked Rosen at all, and was not surprised he was the last one of the bunch taken. 

I still think it was the right move, even though I am not as convinced as everyone seems to be that JA is destined for greatness - all the signs are there, but we've seen this movie before.