Last April's 'Bills Draft Josh Allen in RD 1' Thread Revisited

Didn't realise there was an archives section here so I found the thread where we drafted Allen last year. Makes for an interesting read to see the initial reactions again. Any of you guys changed your minds at all now? Stand by your opinion? On the fence?

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/205086-rd1-pick-7-josh-allen-qb-wyoming/

• Thank you (+1) 2

On draft night I was livid about the Allen pick. He was the 1 QB I didn’t want. I can’t say I watched him in college but from everything I read and saw of him leading up to the draft, he was the QB I was most afraid of.

Eventually I started telling myself “he is on the Bills now so i might as well try to embrace it.” I wasn’t happy about it but I needed to at least give the guy a chance. From that point on, little by little the guy won me over. By the end of the season I was very happy to admit I was wrong. He certainly has flaws and he will never be the best passer but he does a lot of things very well and he is impossible to dislike. Allen plays with incredible fire and heart and clearly wants to be here. The guy is almost exactly like Cam Newton but with a way better attitude and probably bette accuracy. If we build around him create an offense to take advantage of his skill set, I think this can work. I’m not sure that he’s going to be good but I’m not sure that he won’t be. Thats a lot more then we usually get from a Bills QB. I am to the point now where I am happy about having him and excited for what the future brings. Regardless of how it turns out, I was wrong about him and I have no issue admitting it. We are in a place with our future that we haven’t been in a very long time. Id say it’s pretty exciting. Go Bills!

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

On draft night I was livid about the Allen pick. He was the 1 QB I didn’t want. I can’t say I watched him in college but from everything I read and saw if him leading up to the draft, he was the QB I was most afraid of.

Eventually I started telling myself he is on the Bills now so i might as well try to embrace it. I wasn’t happy about it but I needed to at least give the guy a chance. From that point on, little by little the guy won me over. By the end of the season I was very happy to admit I was wrong. He certainly has flaws and he will never be the best passer but he does a lot of things very well and he is impossible to dislike. Allen plays with incredible fire and heart and clearly wants to be here. The guy is almost exactly like Cam Newton but with a way better attitude and probably bette accuracy. If we build around him create an offense to take advantage of his skill set, I think this can work. I’m not sure that he’s going to be good but I’m not sure that he won’t be. Thats a lot more then we usually get from a Bills QB. I am to the point now where I am happy about having him and excited for what the future brings. Regardless of how it turns out, I was wrong about him and I have no issue admitting it. We are in a place with our future that we haven’t been in a very long time. Id say it’s pretty exciting. Go Bills!

Same here I was livid we took him over Rosen. However, I was actually happy we drafted a qb in the first rather than settle for a guy like Randolph. Overall, I was bummed but immediately started to pull for him. All you can do 

He wasn’t my guy. I wanted Rosen. I thought there was too much risk associated with Allen and didn’t think the Bills were in position to swing and miss. I rarely want to go the conservative route but wanted a QB with a higher floor. 

With that being said, Allen looks like a future star to me.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 6

46 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

On draft night I was livid about the Allen pick. He was the 1 QB I didn’t want. I can’t say I watched him in college but from everything I read and saw of him leading up to the draft, he was the QB I was most afraid of.

This is perfect!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Thank you to all the people reacting to my post one year later lol

You were spot on!

Great post:worthy:

YESSSSSS!!!!

To all those that are disappointed. You will be very pleasantly surprised. He will burst into the scene like Cam Newton did when he came out of the gate and surprised everyone with how well he could throw.

His accuracy is going to be improved with the work he has done on his footwork and mechanics. 

Besides that, he is a great kid and a great leader. He was Wyoming this year and had to shoulder more responsibility than any other QB this year. 

I know many many of you are disappointed, but I am so excited. I’m normally a guy that would write off a QB with Allen’s stats. But he is different. The stats don’t match the ability. Now I hope we can all embrace him as he leads us into the future!

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by stosh64

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I wasn't posting here then but I was reading. as someone who doesn't follow college ball I was very interested to read what people here had to say. In the end I just went and watched all his games from Wyoming.

So basically you would have roasted him then if you were posting here at the time. 

I was at the draft and I was screaming Rosen, rosen. And then the commish, says the bills draft Josh....Allen. I was pretty pissed. Then I kept drinking and got over it quick. Especially because there was more Bills action with Edmunds like 20 mins later 

Interesting revisit..

Still early to really be sure about JA, but in hindsight I can say a year later that I’m glad they picked him. over Rosen..

Some great takes but the best one I saw was the one that said that at least JA was walking into a solid quarterback room with AJ and Peterman..

• Haha (+1) 2

Zerovolts with an extra dose of sarcasm.

The Dude confused on who's still on the board.

I don't remember what I posted but i think it was tame disappointment.

As most everyone else, I've done a complete 180. I'd be more interested on what people thought of Allen before he came back from his injury. I didn't really change my opinion until the Jaguar/Miami games after his injury.

So this is why I’ve been getting new likes and beers emoticons on my old posts loI 

That was fun to read again, funny I thought the freak outs made up more like 50% of the comments...but looking at it now, freak out posts was definitely in the majority.

I couldn’t believe how bad people were melting down then and now it’s funny to look back.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Eventually I started telling myself “he is on the Bills now so i might as well try to embrace it.” I wasn’t happy about it but I needed to at least give the guy a chance. From that point on, little by little the guy won me over. By the end of the season I was very happy to admit I was wrong. He certainly has flaws and he will never be the best passer but he does a lot of things very well and he is impossible to dislike. Allen plays with incredible fire and heart and clearly wants to be here. The guy is almost exactly like Cam Newton but with a way better attitude and probably bette accuracy. If we build around him create an offense to take advantage of his skill set, I think this can work. I’m not sure that he’s going to be good but I’m not sure that he won’t be. Thats a lot more then we usually get from a Bills QB. I am to the point now where I am happy about having him and excited for what the future brings. Regardless of how it turns out, I was wrong about him and I have no issue admitting it. We are in a place with our future that we haven’t been in a very long time. Id say it’s pretty exciting. Go Bills!

Pretty much the same for me.

It's too early for me to say that you or I were COMPLETELY wrong and that Josh is a guaranteed success.

At the very least, I can say I'm glad he's a Bill, I'm glad the Bills picked him over Rosen, he's a hell of a leader and a hell of an exciting player to watch, and I think his chance to be a great QB outweigh his chances of being a total bust. His floor is much higher than I thought. His ceiling remains to be seen.

Edited by Logic