If Josh Allen (the LB) Is Drafted By The Bills What Name Will Be On His Jersey?

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

They don't put the same name on the back of NFL jerseys.

At one point a few years ago didn’t we have 3 players on defense with the name Williams on the back of their jerseys.

Edited by Bangarang

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

They don't put the same name on the back of NFL jerseys.

So when we had all those Williams players a few years ago they put more than Williams?

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How were you in the service in the 1800's, and did you ever meet General Washington? How cool would that be?!

Boy... You must suck @ history.  George Washington died in 1799.  Even if the poster wanted to meet General Washington and 1st POTUS in the 1800s it would have had to have been 6 feet under. How cool would that be! ?

/smh... Who's your history teacher, Uncle Bugs:

LoL... Anyway, I took the poster's comment as trying to be funny.  ?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

To set the edge for whom? Milano is an average at best pass rusher. LORAX is on the other side. Why can't Allen be Lorax's replacement? Edge setting DE's are a dime a dozen.

3-4 backer... Maybe... he's a hybrid, really... I suppose a skilled coordinator might be able to exploit his freelance capabilities, but I don't see a physical force to be reckoned with there.  Quite frankly he's good for missing tackles, and slower than I prefer when it comes to re-directing himself.  I also like my DE's to exude more power at the point of attack. 

Allen has a quick 1st step, and is good for skirting blockers, but if they lock-on he can't shed them fast enough.  Without much improved technique  I feel like he'll get jammed-up quite a bit at the next level.  -JMO

Edited by #34fan

5 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

They have different first names.  You can differentiate.  “Tackle by Mario Williams, with the assist from Kyle Williams.”  It would be a different story if they were both named “Mario Williams.”  

That's not the question you asked.  White Allen and Black Allen?

6 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

#clickbait for this thread

Not at all

6 hours ago, MJS said:

So when we had all those Williams players a few years ago they put more than Williams?

Ok but how do we distinguish the difference between two players with the same exact name?

46 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Better, Josh Allen is drafted by the Jets or Dolphins and spends his career trying to sack Josh Allen. And that’s far more likely. 

“Josh Allen drops back to throw....looking and SACKED by Josh Allen”

1 hour ago, nucci said:

because it will be difficult to tell them apart on the field?

If you can see them, it might not be a problem.  The bigger issue is for radio broadcasts/podcasts or in general discussion.

if someone says “Josh Allen is the future of the Bills franchise” you have no idea who they mean.

10 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It will still just say ALLEN on the back. 

But his number will be 2.0

OK, I say we color code the name on the back....but, we  can't use black and white colors as the PC crowd will go nuts.  So, we use Red for one and Blue for the other!

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think at one point within the last ten years, we had something like seven, or eight players with the last name "Williams" on the roster, at once.

Yes it was really funny being they were all Bills.

Am I the only one who took the OP seriously?  I'm thinking they would have middle initials added (are those different?!?!).

20 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Yes it was really funny being they were all Bills.

Am I the only one who took the OP seriously?  I'm thinking they would have middle initials added (are those different?!?!).

Doesnt answer how you can tell the difference.  I think Josh the DE would have to take a nickname so we could tell them apart