Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?

Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Probably, but I was too drunk to remember
    • Yes, but I didn't make it on the air
    • They no longer accept my calls

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I called into GR when I was a kid after a Sabres game. I had to be about 12 years old. Anyway, I thought I knew hockey and couldn’t understand why the Sabres would put Larry Playfair on the ice in a tight game, protecting the lead, when he led the team in penalty minutes.

The host took the time to school me and I think he enjoyed beating up on a kid that didn’t know what he was talking about.

That was back when kids could take a tongue lashing without having to go see a psychologist after.

.... and how did this make you feel?

• Haha (+1) 4

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Before there was a TBD..........Bill from NYC was a regular post game caller to the Dickerson show..........it's part of our memories of those 90's Bills teams and A LOT of great Sundays.:thumbsup:

Yeah lol....the screeners used to put me right through.

I once expressed concern to the Coach about Jeff Wright at NT. To this day he is listed at 274 pounds. I think that he was lucky to weigh 260. He told me that my concerns were invalid but we did have many good conversations. He made some good points about Levy to be honest.

I also called some other WGR guy from my hotel on the morning show before a Colts/Bills game which you attended, many years ago. The guy was telling me that the Bills would probably lose because of the Colts defense. I freaked out on the guy and he seemed all puzzled. The Colts were undefeated but we had Bruce and Bryce. It was the year Bryce wound up being Defensive MVP. As I know you recall, this was THE most violent football game I ever saw. Harbaugh was the QB and he took hits that would have brought down buildings. I always respected Harbaugh after that game. I think that he was sacked 6 times and each hit was more brutal than the last one.

I have a picture somewhere with the Coach at  the stadium. One of my crew told him that Bill from NYC was there and he came over to shake hands. My friend Jerry told people in Lot 1 that I was Bill from NYC and they actually knew who I was. :) 

Great days, and I am going to do all I can to make it to Buffalo AND Tuscaloosa next year. I went to the Ralph 15 or 16 times. I'm due to see the Tide. :) 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't think I've ever called into WGR. But back in the early 2000s, when WNSA was still around, I called their shows a few times. I don't think I ever even listened to WGR when WNSA was on the air. It was a sad day when that station was shut down. I also called into the Bills pre game show and got on the air. It was at the end of the season before they drafted EJ Manuel. They were discussing what the Bills should do at QB and I called in and have my 2 cents. I'm not sure who was carrying the games at that point but it was before WGR got them back.

14 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah lol....the screeners used to put me right through.

I once expressed concern to the Coach about Jeff Wright at NT. To this day he is listed at 274 pounds. I think that he was lucky to weigh 260. He told me that my concerns were invalid but we did have many good conversations. He made some good points about Levy to be honest.

I also called some other WGR guy from my hotel on the morning show before a Colts/Bills game which you attended, many years ago. The guy was telling me that the Bills would probably lose because of the Colts defense. I freaked out on the guy and he seemed all puzzled. The Colts were undefeated but we had Bruce and Bryce. It was the year Bryce wound up being Defensive MVP. As I know you recall, this was THE most violent football game I ever saw. Harbaugh was the QB and he took hits that would have brought down buildings. I always respected Harbaugh after that game. I think that he was sacked 6 times and each hit was more brutal than the last one.

I have a picture somewhere with the Coach at  the stadium. One of my crew told him that Bill from NYC was there and he came over to shake hands. My friend Jerry told people in Lot 1 that I was Bill from NYC and the actually knew who I was. :) 

Great days, and I am going to do all I can to make it to Buffalo AND Tuscaloosa next year. I went to the Ralph 15 or 16 times. I'm due to see the Tide. :) 

Nowadays, if you shot a hollywood movie of a QB taking a beating in an NFL game............re-enacting the beating that Harbaugh took that day would be too over the top like the boxing action in a Rocky movie.    He just kept getting back up.   It was an impressive display of competitive will.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cant deal with Dopp so no thanks.

i did call Howard and Jim way back on the Empire Sports Network, talked about offense line, some things never change but i expect it to now.

"Put your hand on the radio Barbarian......"

• Thank you (+1) 1

oh yeah, Coach Dickerson talked me into not doing something rash, he reasoned the Bills didn't care at all about the product on the field, so why should i take it to heart?

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nowadays, if you shot a hollywood movie of a QB taking a beating in an NFL game............re-enacting the beating that Harbaugh took that day would be too over the top like the boxing action in a Rocky movie.    He just kept getting back up.   It was an impressive display of competitive will.

Absolutely!!! One of the hits was from Phil Hansen on an unblocked, straight line bull rush. I thought that he would be carted away, literally.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Somewhere around 15 or 16 years ago, I did a sales trip through Buffalo up to Toronto and surrounds. After I reentered,  I made a stop to retrieve a bag of smoke that I had stashed under the bleachers at Amherst High on my way through. Rolled a fatty, got on the Thruway headed home. Happily listening to WGR chat where the subject was what to change the stadium name to, instead of Rich, I believe. 

On a semi-stoned whim, I called in, and went on air almost immediately??!   Briefly explained that any city that welcomed their team home from the wide right Super Bowl loss with thousands of people on the tarmac, and then thousands more the next day at City Hall, carrying Scotty around on their shoulders and chanting his name, should logically name the stadium for Nicole Brown Simpson. 

They hung up instantly, followed by a total silence and then immediately changed the subject. 

It was amusing to me, anyway...

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

"Put your hand on the radio Barbarian......"

i dont remember this reference.