Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?

Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Probably, but I was too drunk to remember
    • Yes, but I didn't make it on the air
    • They no longer accept my calls

About 7 years ago, I called in and requested, "I'm All Out of Love," by Air Supply.  Beerball had just given me a one-week suspension for calling Dog90210 a stupid ***** ####### in the Shoutbox.  I thought, maybe, he might be listening and realize that I'd learned from my mistake.

They didn't play the song.  

I did my time.

Now I bag groceries.

#so was red

• Haha (+1) 2

Called into the Marv Levy show once.  Asked Marv about his decision to punt on a 4th down and 2 or 3 when inside the other team's 40 when trailing on scoreboard in 3rd quarter or so.  He explained that the league average going for it at that distance was something like only 30% success.  I pointed out that a punt into end zone was worth less than 20 yards and he politely again defended his decision.  Next game the Bills were in a very similar situation and decided to go for it.  Could it be?  Nah. 

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

About 7 years ago, I called in and requested, "I'm All Out of Love," by Air Supply.  Beerball had just given me a one-week suspension for calling Dog90210 a stupid ***** ####### in the Shoutbox.  I thought, maybe, he might be listening and realize that I'd learned from my mistake.

They didn't play the song.  

I did my time.

Now I bag groceries.

#so was red

the Ball O’ Suds was a **** as a Mod! Loved him!?

Having left WNY in ‘96, Sunday Ticket & more recently web-based radio has been my ticket for the games. After the games, I head to the car for the WGR post game. Aside from my love of the team, I don’t know why. It doesn’t take long to shut it off and go back inside, hoping against Hope that only the dumbest, drunkest and the very worst of Bills fans are the lone callers to the program. 

Not that the hosts are any better. Step Up your game, WNY!

Technically, no.  I did call Murphy’s Monday evening show on WBEN with Larry Felser to question Todd Collins’ imitation of Shaggy (“wasn’t me!”), when post game press conference reporters would critique his performance.  Offensive team failures were NEVER Todd’s fault (according to Todd).

14 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Since this is the home of the most passionate fans in America, how many of you have shared your hot takes over the air waves?  How many of you stable geniuses have gone toe to toe with Schopp and/or Bulldog? 

Share your stories here.  What made you want to call in?  How was your opinion received?  Would you do it again? What is your employment situation?

I wont even listen to that show on any day, much less call intothose buffoons.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Since this is the home of the most passionate fans in America, how many of you have shared your hot takes over the air waves?  How many of you stable geniuses have gone toe to toe with Schopp and/or Bulldog? 

Share your stories here.  What made you want to call in?  How was your opinion received?  Would you do it again? What is your employment situation?

Yep. I called The Coach's show on the day Flutie was signed b/c it annoyed me that he was attacking a guy so mean-spiritedly before he even got there -- mostly because, if memory serves, he had another player on and was trying to get him to say bad things about Flutie. I started to say something silly about how anyone with a ruler can see how tall he is, what matters is he's won games in the NFL and maybe should not be run out of football." -- but he hung up on me pretty fast. At the time I was working at a record store on Main St. while in college, but within weeks would be out of Buffalo.

16 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I bet you're a regular.

the shoe fits.

Oh, I thought you were @Gugny .  You should really consider changing your avatar to avoid confusion.  Perhaps to something that demonstrates your support for the transgendered community?

Edited by Jauronimo

5 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Murphy/Tasker are homers. I suppose there Isn't anything wrong with that but I like to get a more unbiased take sometimes.

And Schoop and the Bulldog are unbiased.  I respectfully disagree.  I can’t stand how if you don’t agree with them, they slam them either when the caller is on, or after.

Im not saying you make a good point Murph and Tasker can be a bit of homers, but the two are the JERRY Sullivan of the radio.

Sorry for the caps on Jerry.  That was an auto correct on my IPad.  My fault for not checking before posting.

• Like (+1) 1

I called into GR when I was a kid after a Sabres game. I had to be about 12 years old. Anyway, I thought I knew hockey and couldn’t understand why the Sabres would put Larry Playfair on the ice in a tight game, protecting the lead, when he led the team in penalty minutes.

The host took the time to school me and I think he enjoyed beating up on a kid that didn’t know what he was talking about.

That was back when kids could take a tongue lashing without having to go see a psychologist after.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1