Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?

Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever called into WGR or a Bills/Sabres Post Game Show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Probably, but I was too drunk to remember
    • Yes, but I didn't make it on the air
    • They no longer accept my calls

Since this is the home of the most passionate fans in America, how many of you have shared your hot takes over the air waves?  How many of you stable geniuses have gone toe to toe with Schopp and/or Bulldog? 

Share your stories here.  What made you want to call in?  How was your opinion received?  Would you do it again? What is your employment situation?

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Since this is the home of the most passionate fans in America, how many of you have shared your hot takes over the air waves?  How many of you stable geniuses have gone toe to toe with Schopp and/or Bulldog?

I did a couple times. Just on a weeknight show to talk junk.

I  occasionally called the Sabres post-game show on the now-defunct Empire Sports Network. My favorite reaction was when later in the show, they referred to me as "the gentleman from Virginia."  It's been years since I called WGR for anything. 

I did once way back in 2005, after the Bills got torched by the Chargers. It started well, I was calling out the Bills for being soft, carrying over from the previous year (getting rolled by Pittsburgh in Buffalo on the final game of the season in a game Buffalo needed and Pittsburgh didn't).

This got me worked up, frothing at the mouth angry. I then called out Nate Clements for wanting big money as a UFA in the offseason. He wanted premium shutdown corner money after he got lit up by Eric Parker? HOW DARE HE??? They cut me off at this point.

Years ago one of the call in shows was going to "cast a movie of the whole Doug Flutie vs Rob Johnson fiasco" and I called in to say I'd have Adrian Zmed star as Doug, Ben Affleck as RJ but ended up winning movie tickets for recommending Eric Cartman play former offensive line coach Carl Mauck.

Edited by The Jokeman

I've called a couple of times with Petrino, quite a few years ago.  1st time was a postgame show in the 90s during preseason and we called the post game show together, he got on the phone in my kitchen & I got on the phone in my bedroom so we were both on the air at the same time.  The 2nd time I was driving & Petrino called The Coach Dickerson's postgame show from my car on the Thruway.  We mentioned how I had security come down after I wrote in the snow on the roof of the indoor seats below the 1st row of the club level endzone  "Fire Mularkey" and they made me brush the writing off.  Coach responded "Did he write it in yellow?"  

• Haha (+1) 1

Called Rome once, put me at the end of the third hour before the huge call, got about three words out before the buzzer.  Called Dopp and the Bullfrog once.  I disagreed with their take on kid's sports (shocking, since neither one of them had a kid in a sport), and they shouted me down.  Never bothered listening after that.   Used to call the Coach all the time post-game.  Then one day I made a joke about him stirring the pot, he called me the worst caller ever, and hung up on me.  Never listened to him after that.  Calling into a radio talk show if you disagree with the host is stupid, you're asking for it.  Calling a radio talk show if you agree with the host is meaningless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Share your stories here.  What made you want to call in?  How was your opinion received?  Would you do it again? What is your employment situation?

I cant even stomach more than 5 minutes of Schopp's egotistical talk. It would be more bearable if he had a clue.

30 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Called Rome once, put me at the end of the third hour before the huge call, got about three words out before the buzzer.  Called Dopp and the Bullfrog once.  I disagreed with their take on kid's sports (shocking, since neither one of them had a kid in a sport), and they shouted me down.  Never bothered listening after that.   Used to call the Coach all the time post-game.  Then one day I made a joke about him stirring the pot, he called me the worst caller ever, and hung up on me.  Never listened to him after that.  Calling into a radio talk show if you disagree with the host is stupid, you're asking for it.  Calling a radio talk show if you agree with the host is meaningless.

They talk down to the callers so much I honestly dont know how they get ratings.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Yeah I’ve call in plenty of times. One of the best calls I’ve made was during training camp the year that we got Mario Williams and  the WGR guys ( Schoop and Bulldog) was talking like the rest of us on how good the pass rush was going to be and my call was me stating that I was worried about the run defense. 

So of course they ran me off the phone and dismissed what saying. Right after my call they brought Chan Gailey on the line and not even 1 minute into the segment Chan was telling them he was worried about the Dline being able to defend the run. It was almost like he heard my call while waiting and wanted to rub it in their face that I had a valid point.  BTW If I recall correctly the run defense did suck that year. 

Edited by Protocal69

The Bills post game game show is hilarious because they get the worst takes from emotional callers.  Sometimes its hard to tell whether the caller is trolling or just really misinformed.  Sal especially, seems to get the worst callers.  One time after the Miami loss, a caller told Sal that he legitimately would have left Charles Clay in Miami while the team flew back to Buffalo.  Sal was like "That's your solution?  Leave a teammate behind your team lost?  I hope that I never end up working for you."  LOL

I bet you're a regular.

the shoe fits.

Yes, tried a few times back in the day when it was Coach Chuck Dickerson running the postgame show.

Never made it on air, though :(

13 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

The Bills post game game show is hilarious because they get the worst takes from emotional callers.  Sometimes its hard to tell whether the caller is trolling or just really misinformed.  Sal especially, seems to get the worst callers.  One time after the Miami loss, a caller told Sal that he legitimately would have left Charles Clay in Miami while the team flew back to Buffalo.  Sal was like "That's your solution?  Leave a teammate behind your team lost?  I hope that I never end up working for you."  LOL

haha.  And the callers always sound like drunk 40-55 year old men.

• Like (+1) 1

I am gainfully employed.