John Wawrow: "better chance of the Bills moving up for a player than moving back"

Logic

The more I think about it, the more I think I don’t want them trading their 2nd/3rd round pick just to move up a few spots in the first round for a non QB...The Bills are not 1 player away from contending for a super bowl imo...they are going to need another solid draft to build the core of the team.

Edited by JaCrispy

18 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

I’ve on occasion had a story or two linked on TwoBillsDrive.

jw

You stated that you usually don't posts opinions about the draft. That is in contrast to your copious thoughts on exotic beers. Your haughty sneering of the favored beers of the blue collar population that leans toward Miller and Bud is a an example how you set yourself apart in the upper balcony of the opera house. :)

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Josh Allen please.

Gamechanger.

1 hour ago, familykwi said:

Trading for Bennett was completely different.  That roster did not have numerous holes.  We've filled some, but not all holes in FA.  I did blow a gasket at the "high end talent" Watkins trade.  I'm also not in love with the trades up for both Allen and Johnson last year. 

What didn't you love about the trade up for Johnson?

1 hour ago, TPS said:

This regime doesn’t let info like that leak. 

Meh. They literally let a picture of their QB board from last year get onto Twitter. Ben Albright knew for like 4 months that the Bills were all in on Allen. They're not infallible.

Me posting this thread during a slow news time and then vanishing:

giphy.gif

I was only away from the computer for two hours, and this thing is already at 6 pages.

Man, I love how crazy Bills fans are! ?

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

That warrow guy's a dope.

jw

He's alright.

I mean he's no Paul Westerberg, but....few are.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

I just want the Bills to have a Josh Allen on the field for every play except special teams. 

I mean....can we teach one of the Joshes to kick a ball? Having a Josh Allen in all three phases would really be ideal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I mean....can we teach one of the Joshes to kick a ball? Having a Josh Allen in all three phases would really be ideal.

That’s the ultimate goal, but it will take time. 

#BuffaloAllens

• Like (+1) 1

I know he comes to the board from time to time and I respect that - but IF he has any “source” on this it is simply a plant to get other teams thinking - the days of the Bills leaking anything are over. I wouldn’t put any stock in this.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Verrrrry interesting. In one of the comments below, someone asks him if thats just opinion or if he's actually heard anything. He replies that he doesn't really HAVE draft opinions. Take that for what you will...

I wouldn’t be shocked if we went back but then up again with later picks. I think we come out with less players than we currently have picks but that could spin a lot of ways still 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would be shocked if they moved up for Oliver.  There is a strong chance he would be there at 9 and Wilkins certainly will be there at 9, and Oliver isnt that much better of a prospect than Wilkins.  Simmons is better than both and can be had later too.  

Im guessing if Beane is willing to move up it will be to try and nab Quennin or Allen.  Either would be a sick addition.  

How bad would this board melt down if the Beane traded up to get DK?  LOL.  This board hates trade ups for WR's hehe

Word on the street (i.e., albert breer) is that some teams have oliver pegged significantly higher than the conventional mock draft wisdom.

• Like (+1) 1

it is all about getting as many playmakers on the field as possible .  If they love a player and can get up and get him for the cost of their second round pick then go for it.  I wonder is Wonder is Williams or Bosa slip to 5.  Maybe a second qb goes top 5 and somebody likes Allen more than Bosa.