Sean Payton not a fan of hiring HCs based on trends

I think he is 100% right. The single biggest quality a Head Coach needs is to be a great leader. If you have that then the rest will follow. Teams prioritising glorified OCs over actual Head Football coaches are taking a big risk. 

Luckily for the Bills I believe they have a very good leader in situ. 

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is 100% right. The single biggest quality a Head Coach needs is to be a great leader. If you have that then the rest will follow. Teams prioritising glorified OCs over actual Head Football coaches are taking a big risk. 

Luckily for the Bills I believe they have a very good leader in situ. 

What I don’t get is when people say they are looking for the “next Sean McVay” - what evidence is there that hires like Zac Taylor or Kliff Kingsbury are the next McVay? They are different people with different experiences, players, staffs and circumstances. Teams need to hire the best coach for their team instead of trying to copy what some other team did. 

On 3/29/2019 at 7:03 PM, Doc Brown said:

I'm so glad we went with the experienced Dick Jauron instead of the young offensive guru in Sean Payton.  

It’s hard to win.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:04 PM, JoeF said:

When Belichick retires, I hope the Pats hire that year's version of Kliff Kingsbury...

Graham Harrell?