Christian Wilkins Round 1

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Shaq is 24 years old with 3 seasons in the NFL under his belt.........Wilkins will turn 24 during his rookie season.

What kind of prospect "false-read" would Shaq have presented if he were to have played a couple more seasons beating on college kids at Clemson?

It's a consideration.

Wilkins production leveled off after his sophomore season............we've seen Shaq only marginally improve over his first 3 seasons.........sometimes the ceiling ain't the roof.

Didn’t he kick sabans tuchus? 

12 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Haven't you guys seen enough of Clemson players underachieving for the Bills? Spiller, Watkins, Shaq, Ray-Ray, Perry Tuttle, Chris Hairston. The only guy who produced for the Bills from that school was Jerry Butler

Lol at putting Ray Ray and Hairston on that list. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not even thinking of drafting this guy until the third or 4th round. Hes good at shooting gaps and thats about it. He is average as hell against NFL caliber lineman. Gives up alot of ground in the run game. He has some flashy plays but it seems like hes taking advantage of mental breakdowns of guys who won't be playing in the NFL. 

6 hours ago, billspro said:

I don’t think you have to worry. Beane seems to be the type to swing for an elite prospect. I think we are going Metcalf.

I'm warming up to Metcalf. At 9 still feels kind of dirty but I think in the end it can work.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, billspro said:

One of the safest prospects in the draft. I would be happy to have him. 

That sums it up for me. He is one of the safest picks the Bills (or any other team) could make. 

I like him a lot and I am convinced he will be a starter in the league for a long time. Whether the positional value is there for a non pass rushing DT in the top 15 of the draft I am less sure. I think he will go around the middle of the first. Atlanta at #14 possibly? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/29/2019 at 4:05 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Shaq is 24 years old with 3 seasons in the NFL under his belt.........Wilkins will turn 24 during his rookie season.

What kind of prospect "false-read" would Shaq have presented if he were to have played a couple more seasons beating on college kids at Clemson?

It's a consideration.

Wilkins production leveled off after his sophomore season............we've seen Shaq only marginally improve over his first 3 seasons.........sometimes the ceiling ain't the roof.

His production leveled off? Had more tackles and sacks the following two years. Sure he was down in tackles for loss but that shot up

last season. 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:27 AM, Pete said:

He has Bills dna.  Leader on Clemson team, and was unstoppable against Alabama.  I like him a lot after a trade down.  I prefer Oliver, but a beve of 2nd,3rd and future picks I would trade down.  My mantra is stockpile 2nd and 3rd rounders!  

how many draft picks do you think will make the roster? 

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I am guessing 5-7(including UDFA). May the best man win.  My plan would be to drop back from 9, get compensated generously.  Than trade back up- stockpiling too 100 picks.  The Colts had 4 second rounders last draft.  That was a key factor in their resurgence 

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Don’t you think we can improve upon Vlad, McDermont, DiMarco,  Murphy, Anderson, Ray-Ray,  Peco, Thompson, Marlowe, etc?  Younger, cheaper, more talented and versatile- that sounds great to me!

Edited by Pete

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don’t you think we can improve upon Vlad, McDermont, DiMarco,  Murphy, Anderson, Ray-Ray,  Peco, Thompson, Marlowe, etc?  Younger, cheaper, more talented and versatile- that sounds great to me!

Look at actual championship teams. They are based on having 5 or 6 elite talents, and surrounding them with solid players.   The Bills have only one potential elite player on offense.  Adding an elite tackle or weapon is more important than filling holes in the long run. 

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Look at actual championship teams. They are based on having 5 or 6 elite talents, and surrounding them with solid players.   The Bills have only one potential elite player on offense.  Adding an elite tackle or weapon is more important than filling holes in the long run. 

Elite players can be found any round(Darius Leonard in the 2nd round last year for example)  There is no guarantee a first round pick will be better than a second round pick.  It's basic probability- more picks increase odds of drafting an elite player

5 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

His production leveled off? Had more tackles and sacks the following two years. Sure he was down in tackles for loss but that shot up

last season. 

Is it REALLY an over-generalization saying that 24 tackles as a sophomore and 25 tackles two seasons later as a senior is "leveling off" statistically?

Or how about 13 TFL as a sophomore versus 14 TFL as a senior? 

And yes.......his TFL's declined to 9 as a junior......so that's bad........ and his sacks went from 3.5 sophomore year to 5.5 as a senior.......so that's good.......but those are very modest changes in otherwise flat production.

He definitely sounds like a McD kind of guy...

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-at-the-combine-whoever-drafts-christian-wilkins-is-getting-a-culture-chang

"I just really want teams to realize that if they get me then they're investing in something bigger than just football. They're investing in so much more. The ability I have to not only dominate on the field and be effective on the field, but to also just improve culture — whether it's good, bad, ugly, different, (I’ll) just improve culture,” Wilkins said.

“I feel like ultimately I'm the kind of guy you want in the locker room, you want on your team, and you just want on the field with you, because I'm someone who's just extremely committed at being the best at my craft, and to my teammates just being the best player I can be,” Wilkins continued. “That's my goal, and that's what I plan to do on any team that I go to in the NFL."