Joe B: 2019 NFL Mock Draft No. 2

4 hours ago, chris heff said:

I don’t understand the trade scenario, they need less picks not more. After taking DT or OT at nine package some picks and move up.

Since when does someone need less picks? Great teams are built from within. All these free agents are hopefully only stop gap players until our own drafted players come into their own and can take their jobs. A team that can draft and develop well, is a team that can have longevity. If you have to spend all your money every year on free agents you will never be able to build a great team.

15 hours ago, wppete said:

Don’t like it. Want to stay at #9 get Oliver or Gary

Oliver is NOT worth a top 10 pick. not at all

dude has bang average written all over him. its going to be another Shaq Lawson type pick. Hockenson has the potential to be the best TE in the NFL. Franchise TE's are generational type players and do NOT come around often. 

12 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Oliver is NOT worth a top 10 pick. not at all

dude has bang average written all over him. its going to be another Shaq Lawson type pick. Hockenson has the potential to be the best TE in the NFL. Franchise TE's are generational type players and do NOT come around often. 

I agree.  Don’t mess around.  Get TJ and don’t look back. 

5 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Since when does someone need less picks? Great teams are built from within. All these free agents are hopefully only stop gap players until our own drafted players come into their own and can take their jobs. A team that can draft and develop well, is a team that can have longevity. If you have to spend all your money every year on free agents you will never be able to build a great team.

I agree with all that, but drafting 10 guys when most of those picks are late round picks is not prudent. Those six and seven rounders are not going to be significantly better than undrafted free agents. Those picks are more valuable used as capital to move back into rounds two and three.

Edited by chris heff

On 3/29/2019 at 7:51 PM, chris heff said:

I agree with all that, but drafting 10 guys when most of those picks are late round picks is not prudent. Those six and seven rounders are not going to be significantly better than undrafted free agents. Those picks are more valuable used as capital to move back into rounds two and three.

Yeah tell the patriots that 6th round picks don’t matter

On 3/29/2019 at 2:53 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

I agree.  Don’t mess around.  Get TJ and don’t look back. 

I agree but there hasn’t been a great tight end drafted in the first round in a long time they’ve all been average. The best ones have been drafted later in the draft

On 3/29/2019 at 9:42 AM, chris heff said:

I don’t understand the trade scenario, they need less picks not more. After taking DT or OT at nine package some picks and move up.

I agree but would definitely do a move down for a number one next year! 

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando
  • Like (+1) 1

The NFL is all about mismatches.

Hock at TE should be a mismatch vs LBs in coverage and *supposedly* excels in blocking which we also need.

Instead of Tillery, I'd rather have Marquise Brown or other WR the Bills covet. (Brown has speed to burn and our QB can throw a long ways...)

Just think of the speed and mismatches the Bills could put all over the field and don't forget about Beasley as the comfort blanket on third down.

Take the OT with the third pick.  We can find another DT farther down in the draft that is serviceable.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:24 PM, Peace Frog said:

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-2019-nfl-mock-draft-no-2

I'd be totally fine with these picks, if they happened.

15) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg (from WAS) - TE TJ Hockenson, Iowa

40) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg - DT Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame

46) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg (from WAS) - OT Tytus Howard, Alabama State

He'll change his mind by next week...that's the way he rolls.